PDA

View Full Version : New House!

atc200xkid
01-27-2012, 01:23 AM
so i just bought my first house woot woot! lol so its a fixer upper for sure, but its very soild. it was built in 78', full basement ranch style house about 2000 square feet. its in good shape but its just dirty, the guy was like 90 years old so n othing every got cleaned, and yes the appliances are strait out of 1978 haha. it sits on 1.7 acres, and it about 1/2 mile from our home fram so its nice and close. it has a garage but its nothin special. my dads cosigning for me because im only 19 so its hard to get a loan lol. but i think i got a good deal, i paid 70k and its assed at 145k. so im pretty happy :) :) :) just thought id share with the people!

Dirtcrasher
01-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Good deal, just get that old man smell out of there!!

wolfspider
01-27-2012, 08:06 AM
congratulations!! buying your first house at 19 puts you way ahead of the game!!! hope you appreciate it and make it your home!!

atc007
01-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Well,Congratulations to you! My advice. Pay that sucker off as fast as Possible,and OWN it,make it YOURS. I have lived debt free,and cannot tell you how much richer it will make your life. Once you start down the road of borrowing,it is DAM hard to stop. Clean it,if there are unliveable problems,obviously fix them. And put up with the rest till it is paid in FULL. Then save awhile,and start fixing her up the way you want it. Like Wolf said,you are WAY ahead of the ball here. Appreciate it! Congrats!

Big Mike
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Congrats man, home ownership can be a chore, but work hard, keep on it and dont let life screw it up for ya. I speak from experience on this one, and I will surely not let it happen again. $70k, that likes paying for a brand new F350 4x4 these days. Wow, I wish I could find house in that price range around here.

JayBone
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
ATC007 is so right. DO NOT take out a "HEL" home equity loan. It takes forever to pay it off, so annoying & slows you down. Just save $$ and fix as you go. You have tons of time.

Also if you aren't married or planning make sure you marry the right one.

Dirtcrasher
01-27-2012, 08:31 PM
What interest rate did you get? 15/30 year fixed? I'd try to get a fixed 15 year on that puppy around 3%; Cheap payment!

If you have a 30 yr loan, supposedly one extra payment a year drops 7 years off the life of the loan.

I look so forward to the day I pay mine off!!

JasonB
01-30-2012, 11:30 AM
CONGRATS MAN!!!nothing like walking into a house and it not being someone elses :D

atc200xkid
01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
thanks guys! im really excited for it but i know its going to alot of work. oh well haha it will cut inton the three wheeler budget a little but i do have an outside entrace to the basement so i might just clean it up and house them down there!