PDA

View Full Version : National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

Pages : [1] 2

NOS_350X
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Just thought i would get this out there, The EDT series is allow 3 wheelers to race at there Ohio race.
When it comes to racing this is about as big as it comes, 3 wheelers invited at a AMA sanctioned Pro quad race is almost unheard of. This isnt any small deal. This is the big dogs on quads, on a very serious and aggressive TT track, That us trikers are now being allowed to race with.

I Will be flying out and racing this event, I figure being a pro quad tt/flattrack racer this is a perfect event for me to head across the country and see if you all can keep up. :D

I know ex Factory green machine racer Jackie Meadows will be throwing a leg over a trike. Who else is going to come and lay some rubber on the sticky clay?

Bryan Raffa
01-30-2012, 11:12 PM
see ya there... bring a fresh motor... its a National!

Michwolv60
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
when is it?

atctim
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
I'll be there for sure! This is HUGE!!!!!!!

Russell 350X
01-31-2012, 05:11 PM
I need a date...website..info...hopefully I can do this...

atctim
01-31-2012, 05:23 PM
July 20-22 Rusty - You should be there - it is roughly 3.5 hours from my place FYI

Vealmonkey
01-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Shouldn't this be in the rides, races and events section?

Husky250
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
We know the owner of Pine lake. We've been poking at him for a while that we should let trikes race there again. Finally the guys from OTC gave him a call and, of course Bud (Fisher) was up for the idea. His dad died in September (I think it was) and Bud seems to be looking to use the area more. I think I'm gonna pitch a Mountain Bike race out there to him... LOL Unfortunatel, that weekend I have to be in Louisville pre riding the Ironman course in prep for August so I'm gonna miss it. If you guys make it that far for a race keep in mind "TV Land" (owned by Trevor Vines (of Freestyle fame) is also holding a couple races this year for trikes. TV land is, perhaps, 10 miles from Pine Lake, towards Pa. I get to ride at Pine lake whenever we want so I'm kinda bummed that the news didn't come out before I committed that weekend to Louisville... Sigh What cch gonna do?

honda200x1987
01-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow ! check out this thread at 3wheeler.org , former Team Green rider Jackie Meadows will be racing at Pine Lake, kewl picks! http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?46513-Jackie-Meadows-to-race-on-TPC

TimSr
01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Shouldn't this be in the rides, races and events section?

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/140036-2012-OTC-Race-and-Event-Schedule

Actually it is. I posted it some time ago. This event was organized between OTC and the owner of Pine Lake and is part of the OTC Grand Champion Series. Most of the details other than the date, are still pending, including classes. We do know that in addition to at least one 3 Wheeler Class, there will also be a modified ATC70 Class. That was proposed to the group on here that race ATC70's but they didnt want the travel, however Mr Fischer has enough local interest to still run that class also. As Husky250 mentioned, we are also running TVLand Sept 8-9, which is also on the OTC Race schedule and part of the CRA 3 Wheeler Points Series. TVLand is a bike only track, so that is the only weekend trikes are permitted.

For more details and updates as they are available, simply go to the Local Rides Section, where all the OTC Announcements are buried. You can follow a link in any of my posts to the OTC Website where all details will be posted.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we at OTC have strived for for years. Anybody is invited, but I sincerely hope EVERYONE will be on their best behavior and keep in mind that this is NOT Hapsin Acres, and if you think I am a Nazi about abiding by the promoter's rules, you haven't dealt with the AMA! All it takes is a couple of idiots to ruin this for every FOREVER, and I can guarentee we will never get another chance.

I also asking that everyone put aside their petty grievances and cooperate with us so that we have this setup to accommodate what looks like a growing crowd. A lot of people have dreamed of racing here, and Id hate to see 3/4 of them sent home eliminated after the heat races just because people were not willing to cooperate and help give us realistic numbers of participants to work with. Right now we are setup for the usual 12-16 regular OTC racers, with a gate capacity of 20. If 60 show up, 40 will be eliminated UNLESS I know how many more are coming, what they are riding, and whether they feel they are an Advanced Racer, or an Intermediate/Beginner so we can break it down into proper classes.

These are exhibition classes only! Only the CRA has been willing to actually sanction 3 Wheeler Classes. We dont want anybody killing somebody over a trophy or plaque. As with all OTC races, there is NO DELIBERATE CONTACT.

My email is Leadboot@neo.rr.com, my phone is 330-208-2200, and again, details will be posted on the OTC website as they are available. We hadnt intended to foucs on this event so early, but apparnetly a few observant people actually read our posted schedule and it went "viral". As it looks now, we will have far more than anticipated, and its not too early to start sending me Name, Trike ccs, and experience level A (advanced)or B (noice/intermediate) Our website is http://otc.myfastforum.org/

I hope that in all the excitement, all the guys are not forgotten who made it happen by attending race after race, and putting on great performances, demonstrating safety, sportsmanship, and fun, following the rules, and sacrificing huge chunks of the family budget so that guys like Bud Fischer seek us to come to there big event. Thanks to all the OTC guys and ladies who work so hard to promote the sprort positively, and make this possible!

NOS_350X
02-01-2012, 12:25 AM
TimSr, very well put :) I will assure you, Im a very professional on and off the track. The fact is a racer represents soo much, yourself, sponsors, and fellow riders. I will guarantee you that there will be no issues with me and i will do my best to make sure the ones around me conduct themselves in a professional manor.

Vealmonkey, I put it here for exposure, a race of this caliper, should draw spectators, so im hopeing people that wouldn't normally attend a race will at least come and watch, Its more than just the trikes, its also one of the largest pro quad events.

Tim, and Raffa, It will be a pleasure to see both of you again, and even a bigger pleasure to compete with both of you on the track. Any others planning on coming? Billy? Louis? I would like to see those 500's there, that would be sweet. Already getting the bike setup and lowered... its going to take some work to get the bike there but all should go well :)

Louis Mielke
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I am planning on trying to be there. Really just depends on the wife and baby and work and stuff. Definitely going to try. This should be an interesting race, getting to race against all the "professionals" that are coming out of the woodwork sounds like a blast.

CRAZY70MAN
02-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Guess I better get one of my Tri Z's finished....... If not...always got the 350. I am going to try and make this. I will give you a definite answer in a week or so Tim. Sounds like a once in a lifetime??? Great work. I would probably race my nitro 150 70 also if possible depending on the heat lineup??

atctim
02-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I will be racing a stock 250R, as I have a guest rider in the works for my 450. So count me as a tentative 2 at this point!

Tri-Z 250
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I will be attending PineLake on the Tri-Z fo-sure(Advanced/BigBore,#40). Yes Raffa, it's fresher than freshbread on Sunday morning bro...come get some!. This is a BIG Motor TT as speeds into the front straight are serious when pitch-n-it sidewayz. Can't wait to hit that blue groove and possibly line up with some history. TVland was one I was interested in but will confirm closer to the date(gotta pick and choose this season). Thanks Sr and OTC diehards, The Fisher family,CRA and alike...2012 what a race year!

Kintore
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Are we all going to run flat track tires? front knobbies???

I should be down for this on my 450!!!! :twisted:

atctim
02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
That is my plan Josh - I'm actually considering 16" lawn mower tires on 8" wheels, and gearing up significantly!

Husky250
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
If anyone has never gone to Pine Lake for the TT they draw some serious participation up here inAshtabula. I's say 1000 riders (Quads) is an easy number to hit. There have beed a few successful pros from here, with Pine Lake being the driving force behind these riders. Dave Kister (is one) and still lives around here (our daughters are both in the 8th grade). Wonder if he still has a 250r lying around? He came out of retirement about 3 or 4 years ago and put the smack down on the pro class at Pine Lake that year (LOL). Then there was Tim Farr (I believe he had a couple national Titles (once things changes to quads) Would be sweet to see guys like that agian. I haven't seen (excpt for Dave) any of them in a while, let alone ridden with them. Last year Trevor (Vines) put on a race at Pine Lake. He mentioned setting up a 3 wheeler class when he does it this year. IT, obviously wouldn't be part of the OTC thing but it's another day to get out on the trikes. (and that's not a bad thing). I'm seriously considering changing that date in Louisville but not sure Uncle Sam will grant me any more leave to get both done. Decisions Decisions!

brapp
02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
i would love to do this event but i am thinkign i may need open class horsepower so better start gettign the 500 together hehehehehehe

zmpolaristech
02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'll DEFINATELY be there with the 310Z, #91, and more than likely have Johnny'sX pilot my 250Z, #911. A class riders. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE!

Bryan Raffa
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I was trying over a year ago to get it going... back then otc did not want to add anymore races.. and now suddenly its kosher ... http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?43621-Pine-Lake-Ashtabula&highlight=ashtabula

Billy Golightly
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm fat and out of shape. I'm not sure I have any business being on a 500 on a TT track anymore...;)

atctim
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Nice sarcasm Billy!

atc007
02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm fat and out of shape. I'm not sure I have any business being on a 500 on a TT track anymore...;)

Gives you 22 weeks to be lean and mean! lol

just ben
02-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I plan on going. 86 stock engine tecate. I would say b class. number is TBD

TimSr
02-02-2012, 08:25 AM

Way back when i was your age and weight, I would have done it!

I really do hope you are able to make it.

TimSr
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.edtracing.com/PineLake.html

Here is a satelite overview, and everyone please pay attention to the rules as they are posted. If you cannot abide by them, you would serve the entire 3 wheeling community best by staying home or getting a hotel room and taking it off premises in the evening. All race participants must be 100% sober. Thats in the race rules, not the camp rules. If you come with the attitude that its going to be like Haspin Acres, it will likely be a one time event. It doesn't really matter whose definition of "family friendly" is correct, as its Pine lake's definition that counts. It IS a once in a lifetime opportunity, but it need not be a once in a lifetime event. Its all up to you. How do you want to be represented or seen in the national spotlight? Will this event be repeated annually? All it takes is is one person to make the wrong decision for everyone. Do you care enough about the sport and this opportunity to keep your buddies in check? How would you feel hitting a corner at 60mph knowing the guy 3 feet beside you has been drinking half the day? I won't be sticking my neck out to keep anyone from blowing this chance. I've taken way too much abuse for trying to keep bad behavior out of sight. Let those who will ruin it, ruin it, or let those who care, keep it clean. I will be on the sidelines sincerely hoping that everyone who is going is truly committed to keeping this a success, and will not have to have security reviewing the rules with, or ejecting any of those representing the trike community.

I would also like to work out differences that people have had with me in the past over these issues. You know who you are. I am willing to wipe the slate clean, but I need your help in doing that. I would much rather welcome you as a friend with confidence that you are as committed as I to see this successful than to simply tolerate your presence while waiting and wondering if the inevitable trouble will follow. My number again is 330-208-2200 and email is Leadboot@neo.rr.com. Please contact me so we can talk and put these issues to rest for a better atmosphere for everyone. I want to trust you and I want to make peace with you for the sake of this event.

I am feeling optimistic in the cooperate I am receiving. With the national media coverage I've been told this will get, we can re-legitimize the sport nationally, as it is in Ohio, if we portray it as it should be. That takes everybody. I am looking forward to working with everyone, new friendships, new cooperation and partnerships across the internet sites, repairing broken friendships, and establishing those that were interrupted before they got started. There is such a vastness of knowledge and talent out there that we could easily pull this off as the greatest event in modern trike history ever if we can all pull togther in the same direction.

TimSr
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Race Numbers- This is a list of race numbers reserved by OTC members. Some of these numbers have not been used in some time, and may be available. If teh number you want to use on on this list, please inquire and we will check.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about538.html

Louis Mielke
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Definitely looking forward to this. I may take some vacation time and bring the wife and baby out for this race.

Xowner
02-03-2012, 12:29 AM

Throw something together, And lets go!

TimSr
06-25-2012, 09:14 AM
http://otc.myfastforum.org/about1005.html

atctim
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Tim - is there a specific place for a sign up list going on yet?

Bryan Raffa
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Ill be there for sure .. cant wait . to run PINE LAKE!!! A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coming off a 2nd place TF win git some!!!

Daddio
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Hopefully I will make it to this one, cameras in hand.

TimSr
06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Tim - is there a specific place for a sign up list going on yet?

No signup. I did a preliminary earlier to get an idea, but would be near impossible to come up with any realistic numbers with so many separate independant social discussion venues, internet and private. I was able to get some useful trends from that data, though. After discussing it with the promoter yesterday, he agreed with the idea of simply doing random splits if either of the two classes exceed gate capacity (20 racers), like the CRA does. My projections are not nearly as specific as for normal race events but I'm estimating 50-70 racers with about 70% vintage and 30% open. This does not include the Mod 70 class which will probably be less than a dozen racers.

atctim
06-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks Tim. I was guessing at least 50 racers as well. See you there.

keister
06-28-2012, 12:14 PM
My flat track rubber arrived on my doorstep yesterday. I will be there running stock class for sure.
Am I ok to run my regular front knobby?

Tri-Z 250
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Regular...illregular, heck an empty 30pk carton whatever works. Most will be running the same.

NOS_350X
07-08-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.atvscene.com/videos/video/499/40-Years-of-Pine-Lake-in-Ashtabula-OH-part-2

Watch that... and look at Some of the names that are attending this race... You see there numbers throughout the video. This will be a big deal, and i will be happy to show them the back of the 333 bike.

Mosh
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
They must have taken the vid down? The link was not working for me.

Mr. Clean
07-08-2012, 11:12 AM
http://www.atvscene.com/videos/video/499/40-Years-of-Pine-Lake-in-Ashtabula-OH-part-2

Buster Brown
07-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Awsome videos, and racing news!
Glad it was posted in this section. I, like many non racers would have overlooked it.
Good luck guys! And CONGRATS (OTC) on such a huge achievment. Don't think my family can make the eleven hour trip yet, but would love to! Hope it all goes great and can partisipate years to come.
-Andy

NOS_350X
07-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Thank you Mike, i was able to fix the link too.

lazybiker79
07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
I can't wait to see this race. Good luck guys :)

TimSr
07-11-2012, 08:23 AM
NOS, I saw that video a while back when I was researching. I regret that I never got the chance to meet Bill Fischer before his passing last October, but I think I'd have really liked him! You have to love a man who is not sorry for for offering people something so great, and yet is perfectly willing to send the ungrateful bit@#ers packing. He was famous for his "This place is MINE and I'll hook my dozer up to your @#$% and drag it to the street!".

Husky250
07-12-2012, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=TimSr;1141474]NOS, I saw that video a while back when I was researching. I regret that I never got the chance to meet Bill Fischer before his passing last October, but I think I'd have really liked him! You have to love a man who is not sorry for for offering people something so great, and yet is perfectly willing to send the ungrateful bit@#ers packing. He was famous for his "This place is MINE and I'll hook my dozer up to your @#$% and drag it to the street!".[/QUOTE

Oh, and he was like that to the very end. I had gotten permission from Bud (his son) to go ride out there (just before his passing). After about 30 minutes of riding we see him on his tractor and his 2 dogs comming across the field. I ride on over to say hello and thank him. WOW he was mad! I explain Bud our agreement with Bud but was not hearing any of it! He made it abundantly clear that we could not be right and to get the hell out of there. LOL So we thankd him bid him a fond farewell, packed up and left. He was his own man to the end!

Husky250
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Throw something together, And lets go!

I'm trying I'm trying

TimSr
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=TimSr;1141474]NOS, I saw that video a while back when I was researching. I regret that I never got the chance to meet Bill Fischer before his passing last October, but I think I'd have really liked him! You have to love a man who is not sorry for for offering people something so great, and yet is perfectly willing to send the ungrateful bit@#ers packing. He was famous for his "This place is MINE and I'll hook my dozer up to your @#$% and drag it to the street!".

Oh, and he was like that to the very end. I had gotten permission from Bud (his son) to go ride out there (just before his passing). After about 30 minutes of riding we see him on his tractor and his 2 dogs comming across the field. I ride on over to say hello and thank him. WOW he was mad! I explain Bud our agreement with Bud but was not hearing any of it! He made it abundantly clear that we could not be right and to get the hell out of there. LOL So we thankd him bid him a fond farewell, packed up and left. He was his own man to the end!

He who owns the place, makes the rules and can change them at any time! I hope you find a way to make it out there. I would really enjoy meeting you.

TimSr
07-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Here is a preview of what to expect with possibly up to 9 more riders on the gate. This is from the OTC Riders Appreciation and Makeup Race:

Heat Race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqeAnH70cL8

Main Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtkcBv1M_k

Tri-Z 250
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Nice, track looked pretty much unchanged as I remember it from years passed. Good to see TPC made it to a race, with 2011's Fast Freddy. Nice some of you out of State guys came for some extra track time...should pay off. Had a booked weekend and I had NO-way out of it. I'd rather had fun running this one then the National Event. See you'all on the 22nd...gonna be some goodtimes.:D

Mr lovebucket
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
is yamahonda man dead? i watch his stuff on youtube all the time. that is so sad

just ben
07-12-2012, 09:55 AM
are the rules/requirements for this race posted anywhere?

Tri-Z 250
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
^^ Check Tims link...most rules across the board are the same as any OTC event. This one the a kill tether might be a little less overlooked in the open/Pro classes, but B and 70mods might get away without one. If your concerned with motor restrictions I think Tim mentioned Overbores/450's run OPEN class...Stock250 beginer racer as yourself a solid B class guy. Helmet, over the ankle boot, goggles, longsleeve shirt, gloves pretty much standard...A well #machine with front,back and fenders labled a must, I'm sure. If your coming to camp....ANYONE, bring your swim trunks! The lake is a great cooloff spot.

just ben
07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
thank you for the info,Iwill get a tether on just to be safe

fabiodriven
07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I just watched that video. I am atrocious at MX, but this style track I could handle for sure and my R is already set up for this. You guys have got my gears turning, although it's a long drive and very last minute. I hate to be that guy asking stupid questions, but I've searched for an address for this place so I can see how long of a drive it is and I'm coming up empty handed. Anybody got an address? Thanks.

fabiodriven
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
^^^That is unless this is a more "serious" type deal or invite only, or if there are more than enough trikes already attending (or too many). I have no idea the politics going on here. Just a curious guy with a trike. :)

Billy Golightly
07-12-2012, 11:43 AM
http://www.edtracing.com/PineLake.html

This link on the ATVA Extreme Dirt Track website has specific information on the track, where its located at, and how to contact the owner.

just ben
07-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I just watched that video. I am atrocious at MX, but this style track I could handle for sure and my R is already set up for this. You guys have got my gears turning, although it's a long drive and very last minute. I hate to be that guy asking stupid questions, but I've searched for an address for this place so I can see how long of a drive it is and I'm coming up empty handed. Anybody got an address? Thanks. it's a long drive but this is one not to miss. hope to see you there.

Husky250
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
it's a long drive but this is one not to miss. hope to see you there.

It's about 10 minutes for me but I probably won't be able to make it.

fabiodriven
07-12-2012, 12:28 PM
it's a long drive but this is one not to miss. hope to see you there.

It would be great, 10 hours though... I'll have to see what I can do.

Thanks for the info guys and if I don't make it good luck to all! Keep the rubber side down!

TimSr
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
^^^That is unless this is a more "serious" type deal or invite only, or if there are more than enough trikes already attending (or too many). I have no idea the politics going on here. Just a curious guy with a trike. :)

The less serious you are, the more you will enjoy it! Exhibition classes only, so nobody will be eliminated in heats. Classes will be expanded to include all comers. All are invited to all of our events in our published and posted schedule provided they can comply with event and facility rules of conduct.

Their website has little info pertaining to specifics. All info I have is posted and updated as they answer.

You can count on needing a tether kills switch and at least a rear number plate and common sense safety gear as with CRA events and covered on our site.

Tri-Z 250
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
This is a National....EVERYONE is WELCOMED! All the PROs of today and yester-year will be there. The Frisher's used to throw a LIVE band Party after the Heats till 10:30pm then things get quiet. Not a BIG party scene like TF but very family friendly. People travel from all-over to this Event and are serious about their racing....quiet campfires, but most are lightsout by 11pm anyway. If you post up looking to share the gas now you might be able to tag a ride....remember quad fourms might not be a bad idea to look for some travelers. We won't knock how you were ubducted by a team of 4wheelers and taken to Ohio.

NOS_350X
07-12-2012, 01:14 PM

No politics, just racing, Leave the pacifier at home, and dont get your panties in a bunch. Come out and have some fun!!

fabiodriven
07-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Welp, I've requested the time off from work but there are no guarantees I can make it at this point. It's a 10 hour drive for me from Mass so I'd need Friday and possible Monday off. I don't know yet if they're gonna let me take the time off but if they do I'm in. There is a chance I might drag Dirtcrasher along with me. Yee haw.

Husky250
07-12-2012, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=NOS_350X;1141792]No politics, just racing, Leave the pacifier at home, and dont get your panties in a bunch. Come out and have some fun!![/QUOTE

WOW that was a little inflamitory for trying to say leave the politics at home. Can't we all just get along?

Husky250
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Welp, I've requested the time off from work but there are no guarantees I can make it at this point. It's a 10 hour drive for me from Mass so I'd need Friday and possible Monday off. I don't know yet if they're gonna let me take the time off but if they do I'm in. There is a chance I might drag Dirtcrasher along with me. Yee haw.

That is a rough drive, I did it to Run Boston... I don't envy you at all! I don't think I'd drive all that way just for a couple 4 minute heats... You Sir.... Are tha MAN!

Billy Golightly
07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Lookin at a 17 hour haul from FL...I'm in like Flyn.

NOS_350X
07-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Do we want to get on about length of travel?? I think i got yall beat.
And Husky, There is no politics on my end, and if what i said upset anyone your the probably one of the people that just needs to grow up.

just ben
07-13-2012, 09:17 AM
There is a chance I might drag Dirtcrasher along with me. Yee haw. he should be able to keep track of his trike there. If you make it bring some of them cape cod pizzas for me.

CRAZY70MAN
07-13-2012, 08:09 PM

You gotta come John!! Once in a lifetime possibly?? I know it is a long drive AGAIN but this is monumental!! Gotta make it if you can. Both of you guys!! See what ya can do buddy........I hope like hell I see you 2 there...........

brapp
07-13-2012, 09:51 PM
i am gettign rather stoked about this event.

Husky250
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
You gotta come John!! Once in a lifetime possibly?? I know it is a long drive AGAIN but this is monumental!! Gotta make it if you can. Both of you guys!! See what ya can do buddy........I hope like hell I see you 2 there...........

Certainly would be great to go but I don't know if it's a once in a lifetime thing. Bud (Fisher) is a pretty cool cat. I'm thinking it wouldn't take too much cajoling to get him to include the old trikes in there. Back in the 80's he was custom building the 250r's for quite a few pros. I keep thinking of going to see him and see if he'll pull out a set of the old plans and building me one..... LOL,,, Bet he could make an incredible trike still!

TimSr
07-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Certainly would be great to go but I don't know if it's a once in a lifetime thing. Bud (Fisher) is a pretty cool cat. I'm thinking it wouldn't take too much cajoling to get him to include the old trikes in there. Back in the 80's he was custom building the 250r's for quite a few pros. I keep thinking of going to see him and see if he'll pull out a set of the old plans and building me one..... LOL,,, Bet he could make an incredible trike still!

Its not a matter of whether Bud would welcome trikes back again. He loves them. Its a matter of whether trikers will tolerate individuals within their ranks who would abuse that welcome as though they are never coming back, and perpetuate the negative image for all of us with conduct that has contaminated other triking events. Whether or not it is once in a lifetime is entirely up each rider and their attending freinds. While we all like to point the finger at government and media as the enemy, it was ultimately trikers who were responsible for the demise of triking, and its trikers who will determine whether this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Bryan Raffa
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Its not a matter of whether Bud would welcome trikes back again. He loves them. Its a matter of whether trikers will tolerate individuals within their ranks who would abuse that welcome as though they are never coming back, and perpetuate the negative image for all of us with conduct that has contaminated other triking events. Whether or not it is once in a lifetime is entirely up each rider and their attending freinds. While we all like to point the finger at government and media as the enemy, it was ultimately trikers who were responsible for the demise of triking, and its trikers who will determine whether this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Enough already! there will be many there to make sure this is in a positive light! you keep beating that Negative Drum and "they will come" I will inforce this also! sit back and relax the hard part is done.

TimSr
07-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I will inforce this also! sit back and relax the hard part is done.

Thank you! If we can all work togther there is no reason why this would not become an annual event.

Billy Golightly
07-14-2012, 01:20 PM
If everyone participating in this thread hasn't taken the time to read my article I posted on the frontpage, I'd appreciate it if you did. And consider what the meaning of it is.

atc300r
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
This is SO AWSOME. Iv been on atc since 83 and have owned them since 84 .Back in the mid 80s I raced localy here in Northern NY tt/flatrack.I always bought the lastest issues of Dirt Wheeles to see how the pro threewheelers racers did.When the ban went down on trikes I was crushed but not without hope .All my friends and relatives that had trikes soldout to the quads. In the late 90s raced quads only because I wanted to race and there was nothing for trikes.I raced crosscountry and motocross.I have a quadsport and a converted 82 250r.(It was a tweaked 82 frame that I converted to a quad using a quadsport frontend)I always kepted the hope alive in me that someday trikes would again be racing .I race my 250rs from 2000- current.only drags for the trikes but I figured it was expossure I always conduct myself respectfuly at any atv event I go to Drags ,poker runs public riding areas.People still have that negative vibe towards trikes.I do get the ocasional dirty look from time to time I just ignore it.I wish I could be there for this event but I cant.I hope it all goes well this is a big event for the trike community.And trike racing.God Bless.

Bryan Raffa
07-14-2012, 02:38 PM
This is beyond AWESOME!

Kintore
07-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Im PUMPED LETS FRIGGIN GO!!!!!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JoshBall/DSCN0808.jpg

atc007
07-15-2012, 10:23 AM
If everyone participating in this thread hasn't taken the time to read my article I posted on the frontpage, I'd appreciate it if you did. And consider what the meaning of it is.

Liked it. Well put.

Mosh
07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you guys there.
Hopefully Fabio and DC can make it. I would like to meet you guys since I missed TF.

CRAZY70MAN
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Ya!!:Bounce:Bounce...... I cannot wait. Still waiting on my new hubs....... Up and at it early huh Josh?? Looks good buddy. See ya there Friday with the new Tri z.....

Bryan Raffa
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Just got the Info from pro womens rider kelly winters! http://www.edtracing.com/PineLake.html

were racing on saterday NIGHT and the mains are at Noon on sunday!!!!!! pass this around please!

fabiodriven
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you guys there.
Hopefully Fabio and DC can make it. I would like to meet you guys since I missed TF.

It would be nice Rob, but don't hold your breath.

Louis Mielke
07-15-2012, 07:23 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/two500s.jpg

Battle ready!

Russell 350X
07-15-2012, 10:50 PM
I'll be rolling in Thursday night. Hopefully Casper quits giving me crap so I can race lol.

Tri-Z 250
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
6:30pm wow, thats late in the day....track will be tacked up and blue grooved by then. Great to get ALL the attention of the crowd and other racers, last rounds. Weather so far looks good for the weekend but you can't tell this far out fo-sure.

Bryan Raffa
07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
clarification on the tires ,, you can run knobs.. seems like we got 10 different sites telling 10 different things... another note the track will be totally disked and calcium added the dirt .. then Rolled with a Vibrator roller ,, My old boss says that he's raced there for 15 years .. and the last 9 he hasn't seen a blue groove..

Bryan Raffa
07-17-2012, 07:55 PM
and there has been a time change on sat! 6:30 were racing.. http://www.edtracing.com/PineLake.html

if anyone find anything else out post it up here so .. we dont have to go searching the internet! thanks!

big specht
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
When is every body getting there ? Me and my brother are coming up to watch

TimSr
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Perhaps if we are concerned about varying information from different websites I can enlighten everyone, since I have been working directly with the owner/promoter since last December and have actually played an active role in actually organizing and putting things together.

The EDT site is the series site, operated by the AMA. They have posted Fischer's general program as he has given it to them, but they have no involvement in the 3 wheeler races which is why they lack much in the way of specific info. The first times were posted in error.

Fischer Cycles is the promoter's facebook and website. Mr Fischer does not spend a great deal of time on the internet, and his sites reflect that. He won't be answering his phone, which is the cycle shop number after Wednesday.

Those exhibition races are strictly up to the promoter, so they are in his hands, and not the EDT or AMA. Some of the specific details for the 3 wheeler races have still not been determined, and won't be until Friday evening after we get a general overview of what has arrived, and after a meeting with one of the AMA reps who will assist in details including specific class definitions. I can't stress enough that this is only exhibition, and as such will be very informal, with very simple rules and classes.

If you want the latest, first hand information that is directly from the owner/promoter, I have gone to the trouble of typing it up, along with links to updates as they occur. It also includes the correct address. That info is at:

If that info does not cover your question, you can post here (which I check infrequently) or email me at Leadboot@neo.rr.com, or call me at 330-208-2200. Those will all work until Friday morning.

I don't want to cause any more uproar, but this was from the beginning, and still is an OTC organized event, between us and the owner/promoter, so I actually do know whats going on, and I'm not saying this to anger anybody.

just ben
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
When is every body getting there ? Me and my brother are coming up to watch I will be down friday early afternoon.

just ben
07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Perhaps if we are concerned about varying information from different websites I can enlighten everyone, since I have been working directly with the owner/promoter since last December and have actually played an active role in actually organizing and putting things together.

The EDT site is the series site, operated by the AMA. They have posted Fischer's general program as he has given it to them, but they have no involvement in the 3 wheeler races which is why they lack much in the way of specific info. The first times were posted in error.

Fischer Cycles is the promoter's facebook and website. Mr Fischer does not spend a great deal of time on the internet, and his sites reflect that. He won't be answering his phone, which is the cycle shop number after Wednesday.

Those exhibition races are strictly up to the promoter, so they are in his hands, and not the EDT or AMA. Some of the specific details for the 3 wheeler races have still not been determined, and won't be until Friday evening after we get a general overview of what has arrived, and after a meeting with one of the AMA reps who will assist in details including specific class definitions. I can't stress enough that this is only exhibition, and as such will be very informal, with very simple rules and classes.

If you want the latest, first hand information that is directly from the owner/promoter, I have gone to the trouble of typing it up, along with links to updates as they occur. It also includes the correct address. That info is at:

If that info does not cover your question, you can post here (which I check infrequently) or email me at Leadboot@neo.rr.com, or call me at 330-208-2200. Those will all work until Friday morning.

I don't want to cause any more uproar, but this was from the beginning, and still is an OTC organized event, between us and the owner/promoter, so I actually do know whats going on, and I'm not saying this to anger anybody. a big pat on the back to you. we should have been down there years ago... take it as you will.

Bryan Raffa
07-17-2012, 11:30 PM

I don't want to cause any more uproar, but this was from the beginning, and still is an OTC organized event, between us and the owner/promoter, so I actually do know whats going on, and I'm not saying this to anger anybody.

thanks for the clarification of speculation..from what it seems like 80 people can manage to grasp from the internet! there times did in fact change on the web site.. and I'm not a member of your site..So. if you could post it up here .. so the other 50% of the people that dont visit your site know thank you... I know you try to corral everyone into your site.. but most choose not too.. just trying to help. and make it go as smooth as possible ..I dont need a long drawn out post.. just the info we need to know. and I thought you said it was the promoters event.. in the same post. pretty much the same deal.. I deal with at a AMA Hillclimb when I do a exhibition.

thanks Tim. I know your pullin your hair out ... just relay the message.

TimSr
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
thanks for the clarification of speculation..from what it seems like 80 people can manage to grasp from the internet! there times did in fact change on the web site.. and I'm not a member of your site..So. if you could post it up here .. so the other 50% of the people that dont visit your site know thank you... I know you try to corral everyone into your site.. but most choose not too.. just trying to help. and make it go as smooth as possible ..I dont need a long drawn out post.. just the info we need to know. and I thought you said it was the promoters event.. in the same post. pretty much the same deal.. I deal with at a AMA Hillclimb when I do a exhibition.

thanks Tim. I know your pullin your hair out ... just relay the message.

This wasn't for you. This was for anybody who was looking for first hand information. No membership required to view. Its a link. People will figure it out. Yes, OTC is operated from its own website, and is not affiliated with 3WW. We post links on 3WW as a courtesy. If people choose not to use the info provided, I have done all I can do.

Bryan Raffa
07-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I realize that tim.. but as a courtesy.. could ya just post it here just for this one race.. hate to see some one get the false info.as many of us will be on the road soon. it will just make it easier!

NOS_350X
07-18-2012, 01:18 AM
What info is needed?? I have never seen so many issues with this, I have raced at as many tracks as anyone and with just as many promoters. Its simple, You know where the track is, you know what time you need to be there for signups. That is the only info needed, the rest will be discussed at a riders meeting.

Billy Golightly
07-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Leaving in the morning, should put me at the track around 2-3 Friday afternoon.

Billy Golightly
07-18-2012, 06:43 AM
What info is needed?? I have never seen so many issues with this, I have raced at as many tracks as anyone and with just as many promoters. Its simple, You know where the track is, you know what time you need to be there for signups. That is the only info needed, the rest will be discussed at a riders meeting.

If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't bother replying to this thread. Same goes for everyone else. If you'd like to share information or discussion about the race and its conditions, by all means, have at it. Or go to Tim's site like he posted the link to. But denigrating the situation is not going to help it.

atc007
07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm just putting this out there for ALL of you..............THANK YOU .................... Ever think you would get THANKED for RACING!!!! From someone who WILL be there in spirit ,but can NO WAY be there. Thank you to EVERY one of you,,From Tim right on down to the last place finisher in the 70 class! Thank you.. As far as OUR little world goes.. The WORLD is watching this,,This could turn our sport into more than it is now.. The Possibilities are Endless. Put on your gentleman faces,leave the booze outside the gate,and show the world that we're actually an all right group of folks. Have fun,be safe,and thank you to ALL who will be out representing this little group of folks that like THREE! I will await all the Youtube,and tons of other media coverage : ) Be safe !

TatTooL23
07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
is this going to be televised?

atc007
07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
What I know is ATV Scene,and AT LEAST 2 magazines are covering it. I'm SURE there will be more. I put a request into Dave Despain from Wind Tunnel @ Speed to just give us a snippet for having the AMA " LOOK" at this. I highly doubt anything will come of it,,but ya don't know till you try! This is a BIG deal for the community,,one and all. Thanx again to ALL who will be representing the rest of us!

brd812
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM
I just want to wish you guys alot luck and have fun. Husky and I sort of grew up here and this track is near and dear to hearts. I was playing at pine lake as teenager, racing what ever class, worked at the track as I got older. The Fisher's will put on a great show, Bud wants more events if people will come. I wish I was strong enough to be out there and play with yall, but common sense is prevailling. I think Michigan sand is softer than Ashtabula clay, anyways show'em what you got have fun! be safe!!!! and Represent. just typing this had me dreaming of my Tecate and my american racer go cart wheels we use to run. damn what a ride

NOS_350X
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
If you don't have something constructive to say, please don't bother replying to this thread. Same goes for everyone else. If you'd like to share information or discussion about the race and its conditions, by all means, have at it. Or go to Tim's site like he posted the link to. But denigrating the situation is not going to help it.
How is that not constructive?? You and i both know there is a certain group of people making issues about things that really are no biggie. Im just saying shut up and race!! All we as racers need to do is show up and and act in a professional manor, This is the one of the biggest quad racing series in the country, im sure they will have zero problems but yet some have huge concerns. These guys ACTUALLY know how to run races, and thats what they do year after year. So why are things being made so difficult? Now lets go in circles and have a ton of fun :)
Now after you read this Billy i expect you to remove it (as a matter of fact i want you to)

About the television coverage, for the trikes... no, I know last year one round of the edt series was on lucas oil's "on the edge" but it only covered the pro quad class. I have several friends that have been on David Despains Wind Tunnel, IF i win, i will see if i can pull some strings and get on there :P

TimSr
07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
The promoter was shocked to know what was on the EDT site. It is very innaccurate and you should Ignore it!

Be prepared to run your trike heat at any time after Noon when heats begin.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/ftopic945-30.php

Billy Golightly
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
It looks like I need to say this again:

CRAZY70MAN
07-18-2012, 09:38 PM
The promoter was shocked to know what was on the EDT site. It is very innaccurate and you should Ignore it!

Be prepared to run your trike heat at any time after Noon when heats begin.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/ftopic945-30.php

Thanks for the heads up ........see ya all there.

atc300r
07-18-2012, 11:26 PM
This is the best thing to happen to threewheeling community since Honda started making the ATC.I feel like we have been given a second chance.

Billy Golightly
07-19-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm heading out in about an hour.

Mosh
07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Dont forget those forks

Tri-Z 250
07-19-2012, 09:57 AM
:w00t: Projected weather forecast calls for
Fri- partly cloudy with scaddered showers...heavy in some areas 30%(Which means if it does it will be a burst and clearing) throughout the day with clear cooling temps towards the evening.
Sat and Sunday are projected to be mid 80's clear skys and a break from the extreme humidity...for and excellent weekend for racing.

Tri-Z 250
07-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Dont forget those forks
yours, his or mine:lol:
Don't worry buddy, I got some plastic ones, come in a kit, with the spoon, knife and napkin. Still in the factory package!:lol: No charge...just use em and throw them away.

atctim
07-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm here, well not at the track - but at the Hotel. Keister (Peepers) just got here. We will head out to the track in the morning. I'll take lots of pics and post up tomorrow night - if this dumb internet connections is stable enough to do so - not very impressed with this hotel thus far!

TimSr
07-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Here is a sneak preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqeAnH70cL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtkcBv1M_k

Matrix
07-19-2012, 09:58 PM
50 racers! Holy crap I was thinking 30... Should I arrive on Friday evening?

Xowner
07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm here, well not at the track - but at the Hotel. Keister (Peepers) just got here. We will head out to the track in the morning. I'll take lots of pics and post up tomorrow night - if this dumb internet connections is stable enough to do so - not very impressed with this hotel thus far!

Does the roof leak? Does it have hot water and a toilet that flushes? If so your doing fine lol

Bryan Raffa
07-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Packed my chit tonight in the truck... just gotta come home from work grab the trailer load the bikes... . take a shower... should put me there around 930pm... see some ppl tomorrow ... but see you all on Saturday! Andy and Benn hollar at me at lunch time!

Tri-Z 250
07-19-2012, 11:43 PM
All you guys on the ROAD be safe and remember you'll be in farm country....watch-out for DEER, while heading in late. Not that the roads are crawling with em...but they grow em' BIG around here in NE Ohio. ATC Tim when staying at the VistaView remember local policy to flush twice...It's a long way to STEELER Country!

just ben
07-20-2012, 12:12 AM
ok I know it is late in the game but does anyone or a couple people have some gear I could borrow?or buy . I will race in whatever but I would like to represent us a lil better than what I have. I just got paid today and was prepared to spend some cash on proper gear but apparently every dealer in western NY only carries youth sizes. I did manage to get a jersey that fits. here are the sizes I would need. pants 33-34 boots 10-11 chest protector M-L. colors don't matter anything will be better than my carhartts and work boots.any help would be appreciated but I will be there no matter what is on my ass!

dcreel
07-20-2012, 12:15 AM
ok I know it is late in the game but does anyone or a couple people have some gear I could borrow?or buy . I will race in whatever but I would like to represent us a lil better than what I have. I just got paid today and was prepared to spend some cash on proper gear but apparently every dealer in western NY only carries youth sizes. I did manage to get a jersey that fits. here are the sizes I would need. pants 33-34 boots 10-11 chest protector M-L. colors don't matter anything will be better than my carhartts and work boots.any help would be appreciated but I will be there no matter what is on my ass!

Ben you should have hollered earlier I'd have let you borrow my 36 JT Racing Tecate gear.. lol

Xowner
07-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Just tucked Billy and Whitney into bed at my house, They are Rolling out about 9am and should be at the track by 3pm at the latest.

MIK6
07-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Benn.... I wish you would have said sometiing when you were here.. ive got 3 jerseys, 3 pants, pads, kidney belt, boots ect... all would have fit you! Most of it in green too!

MIK6/ Mike

atc007
07-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Same here Ben,,coulda hooked you up...

Tri-Z 250
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM

Are you kidding me!!! RUN the RED flannel! The crowd will LOVE IT! Every year some guy always shows up and spanks arse' and becomes the weekend underdog.....Be that guy, trust me gear dont make the machine fast. Nobody remembers the guy in the JT...but that red flannel gets the crowd going. It brings to the mind of the crowd, I could be out there, and solidifies our sport as a casual fun, entry level program. Your fine it's not a fashion show, I vote the wavey RED FLANNEL!

Mosh
07-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Generally at events of this size, there is some sort of vendor set- up that may have some new gear for sale.

just ben
07-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Are you kidding me!!! RUN the RED flannel! The crowd will LOVE IT! Every year some guy always shows up and spanks arse' and becomes the weekend underdog.....Be that guy, trust me gear dont make the machine fast. Nobody remembers the guy in the JT...but that red flannel gets the crowd going. It brings to the mind of the crowd, I could be out there, and solidifies our sport as a casual fun, entry level program. Your fine it's not a fashion show, I vote the wavey RED FLANNEL!I'm not real concerned.I was mostly just frustrated that the only thing you can buy at the dealer now is a new machine. I'm not that old but I
remember when you could actually go the dealer and buy parts or riding gear.now everything has to be ordered in

atc007
07-20-2012, 10:18 AM
It's called the Internet boys.. NO WAY can dealers stock stuff anymore when there are 30 Distributors buying the SAME merchandise that were ALL buying off Ebay,,for 35% less than dealer cost.. Our throats are cut. We CANNOT compete,it IS that simple. Our distributors buy $50000,,the Ebay guys buy $250000,,we're done before we start. That's why the shelves are bare. i'm not complaining persay,,just the way it is. But dealers are just trying to stay afloat.

just ben
07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
It's called the Internet boys.. NO WAY can dealers stock stuff anymore when there are 30 Distributors buying the SAME merchandise that were ALL buying off Ebay,,for 35% less than dealer cost.. Our throats are cut. We CANNOT compete,it IS that simple. Our distributors buy $50000,,the Ebay guys buy $250000,,we're done before we start. That's why the shelves are bare. i'm not complaining persay,,just the way it is. But dealers are just trying to stay afloat.I understand why it is the way it is. I try to buy from the local dealers to support them but it's hard to do when I can get the parts faster and cheaper without even getting off the couch so I am just as guilty as the ebay sellers for the way the dealers are now.Oh well such is life. to get back on topic I will see you boys this afternoon. I should be rolling in around 4pm or so. It should be another great weekend with the best group of guys around!

atc007
07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
How's the track out there guys!!!!! Slimy?? A LOT wishing they brought along some much more aggressive rubber? Tomorrow should be drier..Who looks fast? How is the " mood". Post up somebody! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fabiodriven
07-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Ben I wish I had known. I've got a really nice repro vintage Metro Kawi jersey and actual vintage pants you could have for next to nothing. I don't have Tecates anymore and I don't really plan on going pro with my KLT anytime soon.

jeswinehart
07-21-2012, 07:47 PM
The only real reson I been turning on the computer. Thank you Mr.Richard.

http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?48051-results-posted

and please, have a look + support >>> http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/productdetails.php?productid=119

jeswinehart
07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I may have posted this up in a wrong thread beforehand a few minutes ago ( sorry). Thanks to Mr.Richard for posting since I have been scouring the trike sites for updated info.

My money is on just ben ~ GO Ben !
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?48051-results-posted

And please, be sure to stop by >>> http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/productdetails.php?productid=119 and pay your respects.

atc007
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Congratulations Jackie!! And the entire TPC team..Wow

TatTooL23
07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Just to clear things up. Those pics over on .org r the starting line-up of the heats.

NOT THE FINISH ORDER. lol

First heat: Nick Lalanne on a TPC won and Freddy Morrell took second on a TPC.

Second heat: Jackie Meadows won on a TPC

mymint87
07-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tatool23

Jackie Meadows had a 10 second lead after the first lap finished the race 4 seconds behind quad times

torker
07-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I need updated info. Anybody??? Pics 2.
Sooooooon, Please... :pics::pics::pics: :naughty:
TORKER.

Mosh
07-22-2012, 06:47 PM
We are probably the first people home...Man what a treat..Jackie Meadows was so fun to watch out there and just an awesome guy..

Prepare to get blasted with a TON of media..I know we prolly took 50 pics..
We also took the Raffle trike out and sold a good number of tickets, and alot of people loved it..People that forgot about trikes, just got a good refresher course.

just ben
07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
My money is on just ben ~ GO Ben !

I hope it wasn't much lol! 10 laps today was just too much for me,I was beat down pretty good at 7 laps. I had a great time though it was one hell of a race weekend. I'm pretty sure we will be invited back and I can't wait!

yaegerb
07-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Did somebody film this for the guys that couldn't make it out? I would love to see you guys in action.

atc007
07-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Well,again,, I Thank EVERY single one of you that represented the rest of us! Hope a great time was had by ALL,and all get back home safe. Hey Ben,those junk Hondas don't wear ya out near as much as those meanie greenies!

just ben
07-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Well,again,, I Thank EVERY single one of you that represented the rest of us! Hope a great time was had by ALL,and all get back home safe. Hey Ben,those junk Hondas don't wear ya out near as much as those meanie greenies!haha I don't care what your on,if your not in race shape that track will wear you down! all the races were filmed but I'm not sure if we will ever see any of that footage. I know raffa was taking video today. I can't wait to see the pics and videos myself.

CRAZY70MAN
07-22-2012, 10:34 PM
All went well!! Just got home from Pine lake........great time,monumental!! I am sure there will be a seperate thread started....... It was all good fellas. Great job and Meadows can absolutely run the sack of a 3 wheeler!! He is a great guy all around, thanks Jackie and all the others who showed up and made it happen.

CRAZY70MAN
07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
haha I don't care what your on,if your not in race shape that track will wear you down! all the races were filmed but I'm not sure if we will ever see any of that footage. I know raffa was taking video today. I can't wait to see the pics and videos myself.

Agreed Ben. 10 laps on that monster and I could barely take off my gloves!! There will be a flood of pics and videos I am sure. I am gonna wait on the thread that will probably be started......so so awesome!!

Tri-Z 250
07-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Well what can be said about going to a NATIONAL event that hasn't been said before. In the History of ATV's Racing, many forgot about an entire group of individuals with the same LOVE of racing. The now vintage machine mixed with todays latest creations based on OldSchool Principals 3wheelers are back. Not just a National but a retirement race for a personal yet emotional VICTORY for one of our best. One that ment as much to the winner as it did to those who took the track beside him this weekend. Jackie was the Teacher and we all took notes on how to lay it down the front stretch into the sweaper. Choking off the speed for the hair pin left hander, Jackie smoothly backed the TPC in pinned(to the wall) and sidewayz scrubing the outside rear tire...what a treat to watch. Cool as can be Jackie signed anything handed to him, graciously thanking and personally sharing his family weekend of retirement to every passer by. He told me how great it was to bring his son and family to Pine Lake. A National that he was brought to by his Dad(who has since passed) as the youngest, fastestest Factory Rider in ATV History. Today Jackie handed his Mom the frist place trophy for a nice Birthday gift and will enjoy this Victory with his family over cake. The OTC and riders alike made quiet the stur this weekend umungst the Quads. Lots of good clean racing if you don't count the dust at times. Track conditions were a bit ruff making the extended lap count a true test of both man and machine. The pits were a buzz with talk of 3 wheelers all weekend, with great responce and interest. The Fisher Family puts on a GREAT event, not to mention HUGE fans of 3wheelers! The Fisher's, fans and 3wheeled Racers really sent Jackie off well, with best wishes and love. The results will be posted and everyone can see who placed where, but I think this National... Three wheeled guys took the crown! Yeah the Quad Pro's, +30class,Pro-Am to peewee were FAST. Maybe I'm bias, but this race felt as much like coming home as a new begining to possible growth for 3wheelers. I'm glad I didn't miss this one as it was special in many ways. The sore muscles and tireless travel to return home from long distances will all pass in time. The memories of this weekend are going to be one of my fondest of PINE LAKE. Thanks to all who rode, and those who made this race possible...only time will tell if next year the invitation will be sent.... but I Gotta hunch lawnmower tire sales will jump by this time next year.

CRAZY70MAN
07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Well what can be said about going to a NATIONAL event that hasn't been said before. In the History of ATV's Racing, many forgot about an entire group of individuals with the same LOVE of racing. A now vintage machines mixed with todays latest creations based on OldSchool Principals 3wheelers are back. Not just a National but a retirement race for a personal yet emotional VICTORY for one of our best. One that ment as much to the winner as it did to those who took the track beside him this weekend. Jackie was the Teacher and we all took notes on how to lay it down the front stretch into the sweaper. Choking off the speed for the hair pin left hander, Jackie smoothly backed the TPC in pinned(to the wall) and sidewayz scrubing the outside rear tire...what a treat to watch. Cool as can be Jackie signed anything handed to him, graciously thanking and personally sharing his family weekend of retirement to every passer by. He told me how great it was to bring his son and family to Pine Lake. A National that he was brought to by his Dad(who has since passed) as the youngest, fastestest Factory Rider in ATV History. Today Jackie handed his Mom the frist place trophy for a nice Birthday gift and will enjoy this Victory with his family over cake. The OTC and riders alike made quiet the stur this weekend umungst the Quads. Lots of good clean racing if you don't count the dust at times. Track conditions were a bit ruff making the extended lap count a true test of both man and machine. The pits were a buzz with talk of 3 wheelers all weekend, with great responce and interest. The Fisher Family puts on a GREAT event, not to mention HUGE fans of 3wheelers! The Fisher's, fans and 3wheeled Racers really sent Jackie off well, with best wishes and love. The results will be posted and everyone can see who placed where, but I think this National... Three wheeled guys took the crown! Yeah the Quad Pro's, +30class,Pro-Am to peewee were FAST. Maybe I'm bias, but this race felt as much like coming home as a new begining to possible growth for 3wheelers. I'm glad I didn't miss this one as it was special in many ways. The sore muscles and tireless travel to return home from long distances will all pass in time. The memories of this weekend are going to be one of my fondest of PINE LAKE. Thanks to all who rode, and those who made this race possible...only time will tell if next year the invitation will be sent.... but I Gotta hunch lawnmower tire sales will jump by this time next year.

Very well put Steve........very well. The smiles on my face started as I was driving down those old backroads Friday thinking of those who drove the very same route with factory racers in tow back in the day. Kinda still seems like a dream to have raced there and met Jackie and the other great riders. The 3 wheel community once again proved itself in all aspects I beleive this weekend. A huge thanks to the Fisher family and it's staff. A big thanks also to Tim Sr. from OTC and many others who I know put in a lot of time and effort to help make this event happen. Thanks to all the riders also for showing....without you..there is no race. Great team effort,great clean racing and so many laughs and memories. I agree Steve...I think lawnmower tire sales are going to soar!! lol

TimSr
07-23-2012, 09:10 AM
On behalf of the Ohio Trike Crew I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to the riders from 3WW who came out to join us in achieving another historic landmark in the resurrection or trike racing for a spectacular show. There were also many others who joined us who were not part of the internet world, as well Nick coming out to represent.org as well as TPC. I would also like to thank the TPC gang for bringing in the star power that really sparked the major interest in this event. We had a total of 8 entires in the Mod 70 class, 16 entires in the Stock Vintage Class, and 17 entires in the Open Class for a grand total of 41 entires which surpasses our best record of 33 racers at an event.

The showing at this event also immediately opened a new door and a new opportunity for racers in the Vacinity of Batavia, NY next weekend for the next race event in the Extreme Dirt Track National Series. Its very short notice, but at least your bikes are setup for it! Our plate is full at OTC, but if the NY guys are interested, all they need to do is appoint a person to contact them, and set it up, QUICKLY. You only need about a half dozen guys to get this door stop in place to hold open until next year when you can have more time to plan. Anyone who is interested should contact the Nytro guys.

As for the future at Pine Lake, next week the promoter and I will be discussing the event, and how to better accommodate the expected increase in 2013 as the coverage from this one is released in the different motorsports media in the near future. I can say that when I left last night with our departing handshake, we were both feeling pretty good about this experiment. Success is best guaged by the perception and reponse from the outside motorsports world, far beyond the inner circles of virtual trike world, and thats the best place to look.

If anybody managed to get a photo shot of the posted Vintage final score sheet PLEASE, PLEASE email the file to me @ Leadboot@neo.rr.com for our records. I have the other two classes, but for some reason my camera didn't keep that shot.

Thanks John Swinehart for the gift you sent along with Billy. It really put a smile on my face!

TimSr
07-23-2012, 10:12 AM
These are the final results. 1st moto was for line position only. 2nd race was the final. Those TPC pros and Erik Dubb on his 250R performed amazingly well, as we have come to expect, and they were such a treat to watch, but ponder the photo of the 5th place Open Class rider and his "hot, trick" TT setup who finished a few seconds behind Fast Freddy. Remember the name of Sam Harkabusic from Vandergrift, PA who started as an OTC B Class beginner racer in 2011. You're going to be seeing it a lot more! No, this is not a fluke! Thats how he always rides and he has no idea how good he really is. And those are Sam's "MX boots" he is sporting. I can only imagine what he would do with a bike conventionally setup for what he is racing. He was thrilled to have his plaque signed by the 4 guys who finished in front of him.

His total list of engine modifications is a fresh top end after wasting it on July 7th.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20EDT%20at%20Pine%20Lake%20July%2020-22/Sam.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20EDT%20at%20Pine%20Lake%20July%2020-22/Vintage.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20EDT%20at%20Pine%20Lake%20July%2020-22/Open.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20EDT%20at%20Pine%20Lake%20July%2020-22/Mod70.jpg

Open Class is self explanitory. The expert/novice differential was eliminated as nobody signed up for novice.

Vintage Trike = Era correct trike, era correct mods, NO big bores or strokers!

Mod 70 Class = Anything on an ATC 70 frame.

TimSr
07-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Results in other thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/145421-2012-July-20-21-22-OTC-at-Pine-Lake-Jefferson-OH/page2

Mosh
07-23-2012, 10:20 AM
That 3rd place ride of "Xrider" Matt Roby in the vinatge class, was done on a 1st gen 200x amidst a sea of 250cc 2 strokes..THAT was a STELLAR performance!

And for the record...I did not win 1st place on the mod 70.

atc007
07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Just One more THANK YOU. To EVERY single one of you who represented us all. Obviously,,a VERY Special Thanx To Tim,and the OTC. I know I've beat this drum pretty hard,thanking you guys. But this is near and dear to my heart. The competition part of our sport. And to see it trying to get a pulse again,{ I think maybe it sounds like it does!!? } Is absolutely amazing to me. How I wish I could have been out there with you guys. THANK YOU.

TimSr
07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
That 3rd place ride of "Xrider" Matt Roby in the vinatge class, was done on a 1st gen 200x amidst a sea of 250cc 2 strokes..THAT was a STELLAR performance!

And for the record...I did not win 1st place on the mod 70.
What an honor and a privilege to get passed by Matt Robi! After he blew by, that gap just kept growing! Matt originally signed up for Open Class with his 250R, but it crapped out in practice so he got switched and pulled out his trusty "spare". Wow!

When Flyin' Brian steals your identity for Mod 70 Class, its a GOOD thing!

TimSr
07-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Just One more THANK YOU. To EVERY single one of you who represented us all. Obviously,,a VERY Special Thanx To Tim,and the OTC. I know I've beat this drum pretty hard,thanking you guys. But this is near and dear to my heart. The competition part of our sport. And to see it trying to get a pulse again,{ I think maybe it sounds like it does!!? } Is absolutely amazing to me. How I wish I could have been out there with you guys. THANK YOU.

I can speak with experience that when guys are busting their butts to make something happen, and feeling like their efforts are unappreciated, that a handful of "thank you's" never go unnoticed, and make all the difference in the world. For those who did not get the chance to thank Bud Fischer personally, I would suggest you go to the Fischer Cycles facebook page and totally plaster it with gratitude! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fischer-Cycle-Racing/162809800412104

Speaking of gratitude, I know of a couple who hauled this really nice looking Tri-Z out there, and used this event to promote the sale of rafflle tickets on it, entering it in a show and shine contest, and displaying it all evening on the dance floor at Sat. evening's Pine Lake party and Miss Pine Lake contest. If that wasn't committment enough to promote this trike, the better half (by far) of this couple entered and won 1st runner up in the Miss Pine Lake contest (congratulations!) just to promote this trike raffle! I hope all of those involved in a raffle trike have conveyed their gratitude, as it would appear that this raffle trike will probably be viewed by thousands in the Cycles R Us tent at the OTC Race on July 31 at Medina, Co. Fair.

Mosh
07-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Mr Meadows putting a finishing touch on the 2013 raffle trike!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/Ashtabula%202012/DSCF1142.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/Ashtabula%202012/DSCF1141.jpg

Tri-Z 250
07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Much like the phrase "theres no I in TEAM" you can't spell the word ME in ThreeWheeler...but you can spell WE and follow it with the phrase did it together. Every aspect of this Epic National event was evident to the effort given to make each 3wheeler cross the checkers, after all these years. I couldn't help the warm feelings I had as the sunset and the last poof of dust settled over a quiet track. The rumbling gravel under the tires as I left the track was hypnotic, reflecting to some old and new found friends...WE did it! We really did it...I live 1hr away and spent the entire 90's going to help friends race Quads. I couldn't make the transition to run the ultimate TT track in the Country because we were left behind. Words like Diehard 3wheeler guy used to be hateful back then. Many looked at 3wheeler guys as 2nd class or hillbilly poor men, withno skills. This last weekend I over heard some quad guy talking to a Vintage class rider. The word DieHard cought my ear...This time it came from respect and apprecation for keeping these things ALIVE!
Sr I can say enough thanks to you and the Fisher's for pulling this off. TPC's Bill and Kimmey for bringing an element to the race which fit perfectly. Jackie and his family for sharing in a very personal weekend. ALL THE RACERS...quad racers too! I guess another word that can be spelled and express my day today WEEEEE!

motoman1012002
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Jackie is one heck of a guy one of my greatest buddys the nicest people in the world him and his family anybody ever down in the south look us up Jackie throws a leg over anything with handle bars and wheels you guys should have seen some of the jumps he was doing on the tpc getting ready for this race

Kintore
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Had to great time! Track was very different from morning to evening. It had a life of its own and changed throughout the day.

Meeting Meadows was a highlight in my lifetime, what a wicked and down to earth guy. Loves 3 wheelers!

Too bad I spun out on the 2nd or 3rd lap or so.

CRAZY70MAN
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is my very very hard earned prize from Pine Lake!!:lock: Weeks of working on the new Tri Z. Thanks Garageboy34 for that motor:Bounce and Raffa Racing who's phone I blow up daily, thanks Bryan. I definitely had to fight very hard for this 5th place finish plaque in the vintage class. Kept pushing myself and caught a break to pass a few more very talented and experienced riders to get my hands on it. I could not even take my gloves off after 10 laps there!!:drool::drool: Great racing.....the Tri Z felt great! http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160242.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view&current=P4160242.jpg)

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160243.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view&current=P4160243.jpg)

Thanks again to all who made this dream race happen for the 3 wheeled community. Hope to do it again soon...... Go Team Tri Z......

bkm
07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
That is very cool and congrats. I hope they invite trikes back next year because I am for sure gonna try and make it. I'll be bringing up the rear but what an honor to be able to participate in such an event.

jays375
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats to all who raced.Those plaques look very nice.Would look really good in the living room.

Dirtcrasher
07-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, Fabio and I truly wanted to go. But number 1 - I have a cracked sternham SP?? or a couple rib issues but I can't breathe in deep and sneezing is painful as hell.

Regardless, We probably would have drove down just to watch!! But only so much time can be missed by John as he holds certain credentials and we laughed that we were both basically packed :lol:

Just too close to Trike Fest.

Sounds like you guys had a drop jaw weekend meeting some of those guys; Thats just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Raffa
07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
what more do I have to say than it was the best! came home with 6th place and i passed a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro load of people to get there! some 2 times!!!"Jason Hall".....never race against the guy who does your port work!:crazy:

Congrats to Pistol Pete on the 1st place In Vintage on my #2 bike! What a Battle with Tim Kiester!!!! in 2nd place.! Nice Job NYTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

oh and I met Jackie's Mom! LOL!! she's a sweetie!

keep a eye out for a signed beer cup from Jackie from the free Keg party pine lake threw... on sat night .. on e bay... still half full of Beer from this monumental event! Tim Kiester has authentic pictures to back this up! #111! GIT IT RAGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aldochina
07-24-2012, 12:28 AM
just wondering if Erick Dubb, and Brian Crossway are 3ww members, and if so what are the forum names?? we are practically neibors in the sceme of things, only reason i'm asking!! always nice to put a name with a name, and a location. Looks like it was quite the event. hopefully it grows positively larger next yr for the 3 wheeled classes. i know reading all the posts has got my interest piqued!!

just ben
07-24-2012, 01:06 AM
just wondering if Erick Dubb, and Brian Crossway are 3ww members, and if so what are the forum names?? we are practically neibors in the sceme of things, only reason i'm asking!! always nice to put a name with a name, and a location. Looks like it was quite the event. hopefully it grows positively larger next yr for the 3 wheeled classes. i know reading all the posts has got my interest piqued!!I was talking with one of them guys(brian I think) he was saying that an oval track down that way is running trikes every friday starting this friday.he wasn't an active member btw.

xrider
07-24-2012, 07:06 AM
It was a great time and overall some good clean racing. I was stoked to score a 3rd Place finish in the Vintage class on my first gen 200x. Looking forward to next year!

xrider
07-24-2012, 07:14 AM

What an honor and a privilege to get passed by Matt Robi! After he blew by, that gap just kept growing! Matt originally signed up for Open Class with his 250R, but it crapped out in practice so he got switched and pulled out his trusty "spare". Wow!

Thanks guys. If felt good to place on the 200x after having issues with the 250r.

Bryan Raffa
07-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Here is my very very hard earned prize from Pine Lake!!:lock: Weeks of working on the new Tri Z. Thanks Garageboy34 for that motor:Bounce I definitely had to fight very hard for this 5th place finish plaque in the vintage class. Kept pushing myself and caught a break to pass a few more very talented and experienced riders to get my hands on it. I could not even take my gloves off after 10 laps there!!:drool::drool: Great racing.....the Tri Z felt great! http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160242.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=P4160242.jpg)

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160243.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=P4160243.jpg)

Thanks again to all who made this dream race happen for the 3 wheeled community. Hope to do it again soon......

Nothing about your sponsor?....:wondering

CRAZY70MAN
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Nothing about your sponsor?....:wondering

edited it...sorry boss.......lol

radrandy2001
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Where are the vids? I am dieing to see them.

brapp
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
eric dubb is a member here i just didnt rember his screen name he told me,

CRAZY70MAN
07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys. If felt good to place on the 200x after having issues with the 250r.

You are one heck of a rider Matt...........great to see someaction like that on a 200x.

Tri-Z 250
07-24-2012, 04:35 PM
^^^^^
You might want to cruze Tim Sr's OTC FREE fourm....it's under every post as a referance to any event they do. Some pics are up but that and outside quad guys that may post to YouTube is where I would start.

Billy Golightly
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
It was a great time and overall some good clean racing. I was stoked to score a 3rd Place finish in the Vintage class on my first gen 200x. Looking forward to next year!

Dude I meant to come by and congratulate you after that race but when I went by it looked like you had left already, you were SMOKIN out there on the 200X in the main, rode the wheels off of that thing.

Billy Golightly
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Some Pics I took, I got a little bit of video but not much. I'll try and upload those later on. 15123515124615124715124815124915125015125115125215 12531512451512441512361512371512381512391512401512 41151242151243151254

Billy Golightly
07-24-2012, 05:40 PM

And the last ones I have...

xrider
07-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Dude I meant to come by and congratulate you after that race but when I went by it looked like you had left already, you were SMOKIN out there on the 200X in the main, rode the wheels off of that thing.

Yeah we got out of there pretty fast, had to be back in Cincinnati for work, but thanks! I was a little suprised myself, must of been the swingarm :beer. Sure felt good to pass a bunch of 2 strokes on a big track on the 200x.

brapp
07-24-2012, 05:57 PM
that tpc 450 isa rocket myshoulders are still sore as ????

Bryan Raffa
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Here's Pistol Pete's helmet cam that fogs up because it was 90 freakin degrees... kinda sucks but oh well.. better than nothing!... watch for the wheelie all the way down the front stretch at the checkered!

http://youtu.be/jIbhNjjKY3g

bkm
07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
WoW, I bet 10 laps would kick your as$. You can never measure the speeds from a side view, but that puts it in a little more perspective.

CRAZY70MAN
07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
nice video Raffa!! Glad Pete is a fellow member of "TEAM TRI-Z"..............he is fast for shur dude..... gives me someone to shoot for next time.

eddie pettengil
07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Found this one. Hope it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MwF5D_NwRA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TecateDan
07-24-2012, 10:55 PM
am I to fat to fit in that gear fabio ?

TatTooL23
07-24-2012, 11:14 PM
thats so awesome to watch. wow they r really moving on the back stretch

Bryan Raffa
07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Here's my helmet cam from the Open.....some Killer Racing here!

http://youtu.be/c8HwCDUQQCI

Bryan Raffa
07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Results......

zmpolaristech
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
That was some damn good racing...CAN'T WAIT to do it again!

fabiodriven
07-25-2012, 09:58 AM
McKane was all over the place! I love it!

atctim
07-25-2012, 10:18 AM
WoW, I bet 10 laps would kick your as$. You can never measure the speeds from a side view, but that puts it in a little more perspective.

After 10 laps - my mouth was so dry I couldn't even swallow. As for speeds - Vintage was getting 55MPH on the straight away and OPEN was approaching 70 MPH I believe. Pro Quads were at 74MPH. It was crazy - but I will say this - it does take stamina to keep going for 10 laps like this, but the amazing part is I had ZERO soreness after the races. TT does not beat you up like you would think. Keep in mind, it is not silky smooth like ice, but it is so much easier on this old body than MX. I'm hooked for sure. TT and Ice Racing - my 2 new favorite forms of trike racing (and I am pretty sure after doing so many different forms of trike racing TT and Flat track are for sure the most dangerous from the speed alone). How have I raced for almost 7 years now without ever experiencing TT racing? Who knows. Great time was had by all - It was MINT to say the least! I can't wait for the Major Media outlets to cover some of this - should be out soon. I'm sure ATV On Demand and ATV Scene (I'm going to start refering to them as ATC Scene and ATC On Demand, BTW) will have stories and pictures and video up within a week!

bkm
07-25-2012, 10:31 AM
I really hope I get a chance to do this some day. I really want to Ice race but I don't think it gets cold anymore:lol:. There is a local TT track in Belleville Illinois that I would love to just ride at, let alone race, but I know they don't allow Trikes. There was also a track in southeast Missouri that was trike friendly but I just checked their website and they are closed for the 2012 season and probably beyond.

Again congrats to all who participated and thanks to those that raced and helped behind the scenes.

Tri-Z 250
07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Daaang! Raffa, great race other than the start getting pinched off...which made for a better video IMO. Way to work the infield, when you were aproching the divide. I keep leaning right over my key board and wanting you to take the inside line before the bowl...you were making some time through there NYTRO...funny the pass over Hall then he motors past down the straight, all that work bwhaaa. Thats Ashtabulla in a nutshell but way to hold em' off and charge hard. Great footage!

thestud25
07-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice pass at 6:35 Raffa! Great racing to all on the video!!

radrandy2001
07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Here's my helmet cam from the Open.....some Killer Racing here!

Awesome. I really liked the footage and being that you had to work your way up front, it did make for a good vid. I liked how you kept using that left lane lap after lap and pretty soon it started paying off. Helmet cams really let the viewers watch from the riders view and they are acurate on the speed but know from my own vids they do not translate the depth/height of the terrain like the jumps and bumps. If we saw you jumping it was minimized to what was really going on. The track looked like the moon's surface all full of holes. 10 laps of all of that had to wear those arms out. Very, very cool race. Congrats to everyone involved at all levels.
Randy

radrandy2001
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Here's Pistol Pete's helmet cam that fogs up because it was 90 freakin degrees... kinda sucks but oh well.. better than nothing!... watch for the wheelie all the way down the front stretch at the checkered!

Another great vid. I of course loved the sound of that Tri Z setting the pace but the best part about this vid was the excitement in those young girls when he rolls back into the pits. They will never forget that and I am sure neither will he. Good Times. Life is good! What a fun looking track.
Thanks again for posting.
Randy

Mosh
07-25-2012, 03:52 PM
WoW, I bet 10 laps would kick your as$. You can never measure the speeds from a side view, but that puts it in a little more perspective.:lol:
Try 6 laps on a mini with no suspension and a pitbike 125 engine...

Actually it wasn't that bad.

bkm
07-25-2012, 03:57 PM
:lol:
Try 6 laps on a mini with no suspension and a pitbike 125 engine...

Actually it wasn't that bad.No thanks, my back couldn't handle that. I bet it was fun though. I'm sure it one of those things that once you get going the fun factor takes place of the senses until the ride is over.

Mosh
07-25-2012, 04:09 PM
There is something fun about legging out a 70, probably around 30-35 mph down a 400 ft straightaway, then hoping that 4 inch drum brake gets you halted good enough to make the turn..lol

Bryan Raffa
07-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Another great vid. I of course loved the sound of that Tri Z setting the pace but the best part about this vid was the excitement in those young girls when he rolls back into the pits. They will never forget that and I am sure neither will he. Good Times. Life is good! What a fun looking track.
Randy

its funny,, after all thoe's years of pete's dad driving him all over to race flat track in the 80's , ashtabula many times.. and even on the quads after 87.. it came full circle again.. not sure who was happier Pete ,,,, His Dad, or the kids....OR ME! on my Bike!.... Pete's dad snuck off and had a plaque made for him ... at the booth.. his daughter gave it to him..it was awesome!, I'm glad I got him back into it! he enjoyed the autographs!:D Pops says he's #1 and I'm #2!

Dirtcrasher
07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
So glad it all went well without any bad crap being placed on trikes. You guys had a great time we ALL wish we had seen!! :beer x 60 :D

Bryan Raffa
07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I think everyone should learn this dance.... for the winner of this awesome BIKE! at Trike Fest 2013!
That sure looks like crazyAndy and Jason Hall out there dancing! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRg5mf5swA&feature=youtu.be

atc007
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I can speak with experience that when guys are busting their butts to make something happen, and feeling like their efforts are unappreciated, that a handful of "thank you's" never go unnoticed, and make all the difference in the world. For those who did not get the chance to thank Bud Fischer personally, I would suggest you go to the Fischer Cycles facebook page and totally plaster it with gratitude! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fischer-Cycle-Racing/162809800412104

Speaking of gratitude, I know of a couple who hauled this really nice looking Tri-Z out there, and used this event to promote the sale of rafflle tickets on it, entering it in a show and shine contest, and displaying it all evening on the dance floor at Sat. evening's Pine Lake party and Miss Pine Lake contest. If that wasn't committment enough to promote this trike, the better half (by far) of this couple entered and won 1st runner up in the Miss Pine Lake contest (congratulations!) just to promote this trike raffle! I hope all of those involved in a raffle trike have conveyed their gratitude, as it would appear that this raffle trike will probably be viewed by thousands in the Cycles R Us tent at the OTC Race on July 31 at Medina, Co. Fair.

Agreed. A very big thank you to the Mosh's.As a relative newcomer,,well,I am,,,to the internet part of 3 wheeling. I just seem to think that you Tim have devoted Countless years of your life to making Everything that is happening right now,happen. Along with that the whole OTC. I don't really know a lot of you, or the apparent Horrible politics from years past.. But,,the road that you guys have paved,,the litteral gates that you guys have now opened,are truly remarkable!! Where it goes from here will solely depend on ,quite frankly , attitude,and alcohol. How sad it is,,And this is only observation,from 1st hand,2nd hand,and Extremely sadly,,,video and pics all over the internet. I have heard very good things from this past weekend,lets hope it continues!! Again,to every one of you . Thank you! And I hope this snowball keeps wallering down the hill faster and faster!

Xowner
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
LMAO Glad mr hall builds trikes better then he dances, Thanks Raffa i needed this laugh man.

pistolpete88
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
thanks to all was a great weekend was the first time my girl seen me win a race and a long time since my dad seen me win 1 too. lookout at icefest boys just got started building my 250r tonight

TatTooL23
07-25-2012, 11:55 PM
And that's a stock bore tri-z ??

just ben
07-26-2012, 12:26 AM
the best part about this vid was the excitement in those young girls when he rolls back into the pits. They will never forget that and I am sure neither will he. Good Times. Life is good! What a fun looking track.
Randyfunny you say that, after watching the video I notice that my daughter gives pete a big congrats then runs over to me to say "good job dad you did the best you could" then runs back to pete.lol

CRAZY70MAN
07-26-2012, 05:51 AM
I think everyone should learn this dance.... for the winner of this awesome BIKE! at Trike Fest 2013!
That sure looks like crazyAndy and Jason Hall out there dancing! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIRg5mf5swA&feature=youtu.be

Was that Jason???? lol...... I never seen me on the vid?? Must have been a twin for I know not how to dance to that?? There was a few spirits flowing that night though huh???? "Dancing with the stars" LMFAO......

Bryan Raffa
07-26-2012, 07:29 AM
And that's a stock bore tri-z ??
20 over, 38 flat slide Pj, and sprock head thats it.. zero port work :naughty:

Here's some more from Saturday night! good stuff!!! that Tri Z is lookin HOT!

http://youtu.be/Bq-w1nCZpq8

Bryan Raffa
07-27-2012, 07:13 AM
:pics::pics::pics::pics::pics::pics:

tecat-z
07-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Whose cylinder cracked? That's the problem when ya get a bit to carried away w the grinder puttin' in the 2nd Boyesen port. Yamaha left nothin' in that area.

Bryan Raffa
07-27-2012, 07:27 AM
thats Jon Mccains trail bike that JohnnyX was rideing .. didnt make it through practice.. that was a wild crack!

TimSr
07-27-2012, 08:53 AM

I truly believe the R crapping out on you was a blessing that yielded a better outcome that you truly deserved!

TimSr
07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Agreed. A very big thank you to the Mosh's.As a relative newcomer,,well,I am,,,to the internet part of 3 wheeling. I just seem to think that you Tim have devoted Countless years of your life to making Everything that is happening right now,happen. Along with that the whole OTC. I don't really know a lot of you, or the apparent Horrible politics from years past.. But,,the road that you guys have paved,,the litteral gates that you guys have now opened,are truly remarkable!! Where it goes from here will solely depend on ,quite frankly , attitude,and alcohol. How sad it is,,And this is only observation,from 1st hand,2nd hand,and Extremely sadly,,,video and pics all over the internet. I have heard very good things from this past weekend,lets hope it continues!! Again,to every one of you . Thank you! And I hope this snowball keeps wallering down the hill faster and faster!

I saw a lot of walls come down, and a lot of bridges rebuilt last weekend. I think the world of 3 wheelers is a little more peaceful this week because of it, but it doesn't mean that we in this community can drop our guard, as that poison that can destroy all is always present. The enthusiastic trailblazers and pioneers get burned out when their efforts go unappreciated or become entitlements, or when expectations of instant Pine Lake type events without the years of Smith Roads and Summit Indoors and Lightnings to get us there. I am pleased that the operator of this site has taken a more active stance in enouraging local racers who lay the groundwork, as there is a general feeling amongst them that we have been snubbed by the major triking sites throughout our existance. Hopefully this event has renewed a more coopertaive and supportive stance with both triking sites, and a more conscientious awareness of the imagry being projected to the public that will benefit all, and lead to more of these type events in the future.

TimSr
07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Here is my very very hard earned prize from Pine Lake!!:lock: Weeks of working on the new Tri Z. Thanks Garageboy34 for that motor:Bounce and Raffa Racing who's phone I blow up daily, thanks Bryan. I definitely had to fight very hard for this 5th place finish plaque in the vintage class. Kept pushing myself and caught a break to pass a few more very talented and experienced riders to get my hands on it. I could not even take my gloves off after 10 laps there!!:drool::drool: Great racing.....the Tri Z felt great! http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160242.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=P4160242.jpg)

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/th_P4160243.jpg (http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo321/andyatc70/?action=view¤t=P4160243.jpg)

Thanks again to all who made this dream race happen for the 3 wheeled community. Hope to do it again soon...... Go Team Tri Z......

You certainly earned that plaque, as I did everything in my power to prevent you from getting it, and came up short! You've come a long way since Coshocton Co. Fair!

Bryan Raffa
07-27-2012, 11:57 PM
HERES MY HELMET CAM OF THE #2 HEAT RACE this got me to the Last spot on the front row of the Main!

http://youtu.be/NQSqU0StzHM

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Frist pic posted...not sure on size. Here's the Main OpenClass Holeshot

Jackie you need a copy of this one? I noticed no rearview mirrors on the TPC...those were the guys behind you. Gotta admit you were riding like you stole the Cheif's Virgin daughter from the local Seneca, and the tribe was after you! Thanks again for the weekend.

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2012, 12:28 AM
That 80's Poster look...:naughty:

just ben
07-28-2012, 12:34 AM
That 80's Poster look...:naughty:I like it,I love the panoramic of them coming through the sweeper! If you see garageboy tell him to fix his number plate lol!

Bryan Raffa
07-28-2012, 11:54 AM
:pics::pics::pics::pics::pics::pics:

Bryan Raffa
07-28-2012, 11:57 AM
:pics::pics::pics::pics::pics:

Bryan Raffa
07-28-2012, 12:03 PM
:pics::pics::pics::pics:

Billy Golightly
07-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Awesome shot, wow! I want that for the top of 3ww to replace the one that's been there.

Frist pic posted...not sure on size. Here's the Main OpenClass Holeshot

Jackie you need a copy of this one? I noticed no rearview mirrors on the TPC...those were the guys behind you. Gotta admit you were riding like you stole the Cheif's Virgin daughter from the local Seneca, and the tribe was after you! Thanks again for the weekend.

bkm
07-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Awesome shot, wow! I want that for the top of 3ww to replace the one that's been there.Funny you mention that. I was looking at the top pic on the site and though to myself, while very cool there has to be a new pic of the Pine Lake race that could replace it. Maybe do a seasonal thing. Winter rolls around and put up another new Raffa Ice Fest Pic. Kinda change it up as the seasons roll along.

TimSr
07-28-2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3H9X20V1U&feature=youtu.be

TimSr
07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Vintage Heat Race - Div 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4aqMyTG4Q&feature=youtu.be

TimSr
07-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Vintage Heat Race - Div 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9F7PlQYMZ8&feature=youtu.be

TimSr
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Open Class Heat race - Div 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2pSHDj9lHg&feature=youtu.be

TimSr
07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Mod 70 Class - Main Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aYJJWNDI8&feature=youtu.be

TimSr
07-28-2012, 07:44 PM
3 Wheeler Vintage Class - Main Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Ra6aWxOyM&feature=youtu.be

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2012, 10:25 PM
#46 laying it down!

Tri-Z 250
07-28-2012, 11:23 PM

TimSr
07-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Open Class - Main Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlGOc_K59Q

There are also a few hundred pictures posted here:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about1017.html

CRAZY70MAN
07-29-2012, 10:17 PM
You certainly earned that plaque, as I did everything in my power to prevent you from getting it, and came up short! You've come a long way since Coshocton Co. Fair!

Thanks Tim........that means a lot to me hearing that from you. Hope I can get better on the 2 strokes..... always felt out of place on the 350x anyway.... Great racing with you and junior......hope to see you guy's more.

torker
07-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Awesome vids... Great from all of you. Thanks guys.
Damn that TPC is fast...

TORKER.

CRAZY70MAN
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Great video by the way. That is awesome to watch Jackie start to pitch the trike right at the start of the first big sweeper and literally almost be able to carry it thru the whole turn!! It may not seem like much from a video but we all know how hard that would be. He told me at the pavillion party that he could really open it up thru that turn and he would like to slide the whole thing...but that dang guard rail really comes fast. lol....... I thought. "Man.....he is taking it easy thru that turn"????? My gosh!!....... awesome.

jays375
06-17-2013, 09:45 PM
What's up with this year,who's going?

rg97
09-15-2013, 08:50 PM
When are the ATC races? I only saw one mention of three wheelers on the edtracing website. Its like 1.5 hours from me, i'd be happy to go! Is there anything my 200x can participate in?

rg97
09-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Vintage - Vintage trike motor / overbore okay - no strokers or big bores
Darnit!!!
Think i could get away with it?

Mickey Dunlap
09-15-2013, 08:58 PM

rg97
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
sweet! thanks for the info. Is there a class specifically for 200's?

Mickey Dunlap
09-16-2013, 03:00 PM

Poco Loco
12-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I know there is an old dude from the west coast showing up to do more than 1 class. I believe there open pro, vintage A and...

CRAZY70MAN
12-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Uh oh^^^^^ sounds fishy!! lol.........

Poco Loco
12-20-2013, 01:57 PM

rg97
01-06-2014, 11:58 PM
So if there are not enough to do a 200 class then what would I run with? I'm too slow to keep up with r's and daddy X's so what then? I want to go and race my Powroll replica bike. Stroker powerrrrrrr

rg97
01-07-2014, 10:08 AM
So when you say vintage 250r class that means I would run with airfoolers? What if someone is running a 300r or a mugen?

NOS_350X
01-07-2014, 10:31 AM
It's mainly rider and setup not hp, don't worry

rg97
01-07-2014, 10:55 AM
I saw the track, its kinda of a dusty (maybe because it was so dry) tight turn one, and maybe 4th-5th on the main straight?
The +2 swinger should help whip it around some turns and I'll probably drop a tooth or two on the front so I can gain more torque without pinning it on the main straight. I saw two minor jumps, so I would probably set susp. to 3 with a medium-low preload. Maybe put the forks about 1-2" higher in the trees.
There is nobody else running a #4, is there??

IKE-Z
01-07-2014, 11:53 AM
I saw the track, its kinda of a dusty (maybe because it was so dry) tight turn one, and maybe 4th-5th on the main straight?
The +2 swinger should help whip it around some turns and I'll probably drop a tooth or two on the front so I can gain more torque without pinning it on the main straight. I saw two minor jumps, so I would probably set susp. to 3 with a medium-low preload. Maybe put the forks about 1-2" higher in the trees.

I could be wrong but I thought a shorter swingarm was better for flattrack/tt?

Joseph Farrow
01-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Just show up and have fun. It's a neat TT track.

Here are some pic's of my 200X TT Bike at Ashtabula back in the 80's. I really needed a Hoosier front tire on that bike.....:D

keister
01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
So if there are not enough to do a 200 class then what would I run with? I'm too slow to keep up with r's and daddy X's so what then? I want to go and race my Powroll replica bike. Stroker powerrrrrrr

Classes are determined based on who / what signs up.
2012 - Was Unlimited Open (anything on 3) and Vintage (period correct machines). It was divided by machine.
2013 - Was "A" class and "B" class. It was divided mainly by rider skill level.
Stock and modified minis (70s, Zingers...) always have a class too.

So, if you showed last year on a 250R (for example), you could run with the big dogs OR in the less competitive B class depending on your skill level.
I ran B class with other R's, TriZs, Tecates, 350Xs, 200Xs, ATC200, etc....

Bottom line: Show up with your 3 wheeler and they will fit you into class appropriate for your machine and ability.

keister
01-07-2014, 01:18 PM

A bone stock 1985 250R taps out in 6th gear well before the end of that straightaway.

just ben
01-07-2014, 02:20 PM
A bone stock 1985 250R taps out in 6th gear well before the end of that straightaway.I was running +1 tooth on the front and -2 on the rear of my tecate and was shifting into 5th right in front of the announcers booth.