PDA

View Full Version : 1984 200x WestCoast swing arm..

natehimself36
02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
so i picked up a blown up 200x off my friend for $50 (yea i smiled too) rite when i got home my other friend and i pulled the motor and started taking off the top end, after we determined it would have to be the rings or valves. Mid valve cover pulling my friend looks at the swingarm and says "dude, westcoast". i googled the hell out of it and ebayed it and now im wondering how much money i could make off this thing.. Are they really as desireable as some people on the internet say they are or are they just crazy? Thanks for your help-Nate

natehimself36
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
So its a steel swingarm. looks to be stock size. it has a little baby rust spot and part of one of the decals is torn off. Other than that its in really good condition. probley because of the prm skidplate thats mounted to the swinger.. anyone have the value of this thing?

pistolpete88
02-03-2012, 12:57 AM
you should post some pics there are alot of 200x's with westcoast stickers on there swingarms out there. they are sought after but not as much as the 'r arms

Dirtcloud
02-03-2012, 01:34 AM
I'll give you $150 for it lol. No seriously PM me if you want to sell it.
Oh ya welcome to the boards and nice score post up some pics.

natehimself36
02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
ill post some pics soon, im working on rebuilding the motor and i found out the guy who had it before nelected to tell me fifth gear "hasnt worked" in forever and he still kept on riding. if anyone has any tips on opening up the case im all ears. i took off the correct side of the case, saw the clutch and what not and put the case back on..lol.

natehimself36
02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Here are some pics of the arm. like i said earlier its steel with a couple little scratches (its a swing arm duh) but thanks to the skid plate its still in nice condition. other than that white brothers sticker on the back lol. Called a shop about the tranny.. they said 5-7 hours at 75 an hour. i said have a nice day. crazy's..

wheelz420
02-03-2012, 07:11 PM
deff aint no sticker , good find. prolly custom.

pistolpete88
02-03-2012, 08:25 PM
yep thats the real deal nice find if it was an 'R id be making you a offer

Kenny_smallz
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM
it wouldn't fit on the 'r......

natehimself36
02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
im really happy to hear that. i decided im not going to tear into that trany.. so i think im going to sell this thing for money for a new motor..and swingarm lol. So what should i put this on ebay for? thanks for your guys's help so far.

200x350xtriz250
02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
im really happy to hear that. i decided im not going to tear into that trany.. so i think im going to sell this thing for money for a new motor..and swingarm lol. So what should i put this on ebay for? thanks for your guys's help so far.

Well you had an offer from Dirtcloud for $150, if you want more than that - I'd start it on ebay for $150 and see where it goes. Before you do that though, take it off the bike, clean it, measure the length, take some nice pics of it and then start a new thread with a title Westcoast swing arm for sale with the pics and details - its alot cheaper to sell here than it is on ebay.

natehimself36
02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
what should the stock size of the swingarm?

200x350xtriz250
02-05-2012, 02:09 PM
what should the stock size of the swingarm?

I'm not sure what stock size is, but measure yours from center of swingarm bolt to center of axle and post it in your description - I'm sure someone here will tell you if it is stock size or +1 +2 etc.

bkm
02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
By the looks of the brake hose being stretched I would bet its a +2. That is also a heavy duty model. Check the aluminum shock mount they have a tendancy to be cracked and woller out the holes.

natehimself36
02-06-2012, 03:24 AM
the length of the swingarm from the middle of the bolt to the middle of the axel is one foot seven inches. and the shock mount is in good shape. i dont think this thing has very many hours on it. It's looking like im going to part out the bike.. probley on ebay. aftermarket parts will be; prm skid plate, prm grab bar (trick bar), o'neil handle bars, i dont think it has stock forks, and the swing arm of course...as far as the motor goes idk what im going to do with it. The top end is blown, and the gears are F***ed up. if anyone is interested in anything let me know. the headlight and rear light are in miiiint condition. the seat is really nice.. i will start putting this stuff on ebay really soon. if somone really wants any of these parts PM me and we can work somthing out. .oh, and the reason i dont have a thread on the ebay/ craigslist part of this forum is because of the..irritating.. probation period.. otherwise i wouldnt have this thread so miss placed.