PDA

View Full Version : Found bone stock 250r engine vs. bdt motorsports rebuilt motor??

Kenny_smallz
02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Not sure what to buy please help I want a motor bad and have the money just not sure where to buy from? Atc 250r

rodeofan5656
02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
i would go with the stock motor and rebuild it myself, so i know the work was done right and its all in my hands if somethin goes wrong. but it all depends on what kinda shape the rebuilt motor is in really

Swinger
02-02-2012, 04:11 PM
What kind of work was done to the BDT and how long ago? What kind of shape is the stock one in, any chain rash? How is the piston/rings and sleeve? IMO I would go with the one that has been gone through by a pro because you may be getting a POS with one you know nothing about, unless you know the guy your getting it from.

Kenny_smallz
02-02-2012, 04:37 PM
The rebuilt motor has new everything and he chromes the motors or whatever you want done and I don't know the other guy he said the wiring plug was cut and clutch cable cause it was taking out quickly.

Swinger
02-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I agree with Rodeo on doing it yourself so you know what is done for sure. I would imagine the BDT motor is alot more than the stock one and if cash is available that is the one I would go for, price pending. The other motor was chopped out and no telling what kind of headaches you will get into, crank, piston and rings for sure. Maybe resleeve and all new bearings, gaskets and seals. Is the BDT ready to bolt in and go?

Kenny_smallz
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes just add oil

RIDE-RED 250r
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Can't go wrong with the BDT engine! So long as nobody else has molested it since it came out of BDT....

Kenny_smallz
02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Have yall heard of Bad Dog Toys Motorsports? they sell nothing but 250r's, and they completely rebuild the motors and kinda like sell them as new. they have never been ran.... so i think its the best way to go cus i don't wanna have to be workin on it every other day you know.

Kenny_smallz
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
the stock motor supposably hasn't ever been run, it looks like it no chain marks, no scratches its all clean but he said it was removed quickly when they outlawed 3 wheelers, but sounds like its kinda stolen? lol

RIDE-RED 250r
02-02-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm very familiar with BDT.... Very reputable outfit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them..