PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys pack when going camping?

JasonB
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I am making a list cause Im bored at work. Technically its for TrikeFest 2012 but trying to make an all inclusive list. What would you guys add aside from BOOSE :D

-------------------------------------------

TRIKEFEST 2012 PACKING INVENTORY LIST:

ATLEAST 2 TRIKES FOR RIDING

FIX-IT AND UP-KEEP ITEMS:

TOOL BOX with wide assortment of ratchets, special purpose tools etc
Spare parts your bike regularly eats on long rides
Spare plugs if you 2 stroke it
Mixing oil for 2 strokers
5 gallon jug for gasolines
Mixing cup!
Bucket of spare bolts etc
Engine oil
Mechanics gloves
Breaker bar

DAILY NEEDS:

Tent
Spare change of undies/socks for every day of camping
Atleast one fresh pair of pants/shirt for each day incase of rain
Rain gear for bad conditions
A-Star Riding boots
Spare pair of tennis shoes to get dirty with
Shampoo for general cleaning with showering/creek bathing :D
Bottle of Sanitizer
Riding gloves
Helmet (obviously)
Goggles
Radio or entertainment of sorts
Flash lights! X10
Lantern for camp
Air mattress AND battery pump for the old peoples (MYSELF)
Two towels for showering etc on a 5 day trip to TF2012
Cable lock for spare bike so I can ride and sleep in peace.
Small gas grill
Sweat shirts for cold nights at the shoe tree and night rides
Sleeping bag!
Pillow
SUNGLASSES
DEODERANT
Tooth brush and paste
Sandals to use for the showers there
Folding chairs
2 Pop up pavilion’s to keep the rain and mid day sun off of camp
Skewers for marshmallows and random food to cook over fire
Candy to keep me fat and slow
Portable battery powered fan
Hatchet for chopping wood
Knife for killing things and cutting people trying to steal my food
Some mud boots for kicking around in if it gets nasty out
Fireworks
Tarp for covering random equipment and bikes if it rains
Hat in case it gets chilly

FOOD STUFFS:

Big cooler
Gallon of water per day
Chips
Crackers
Pizza money for place in town :D
granola bars
packets of tuna and mayonais to combine for eating with whole grain crakers
V8 6 pack for healthy good times
banananananas
apples
oranges

------------------------------------------------------

what did I forget? Im still adding to it, just trying to think of everything and have it packed like 2 months in advance of TF2012 so I am ready to leave on time!

rodeofan5656
02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
if you plan to do more ridin at night, id take new headlight/tailight bulbs just in case. make sure you lock your stuff up good, even if you're only leavin for 5 minutes. people can load up a trike and take off within 30 seconds...... also take PLENTY of water, if its not supplied there at Trikefest (im guessin its at the dunes?)

BiggDogg
02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
it looks like you covered enough for all the seasons.
I think you forgot the kitchen sink and some utensils to eat your food with

fabiodriven
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Terlett paper.

gus
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM
you need those cheese cracker sticks from the dollar store !!!!!

Thorpe
02-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Terlett paper.

And shovel??

YAMAHA_Jim
02-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Bug/tick spray- Woke up in my tent one morning at TF at 4 am,felt something on my leg,grabbed the flashlight,had a wood tick slowly making its way up the inside of my leg.Good thing he woke me when he did.
Tire plugs-
Xtra batteries-radio,flashlights,etc.
Hookers-If you cant use them maybe someone else can :)

RIDE-RED 250r
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
The one thing I would NOT want to forget to take when going campin/wheeling on Tug Hill is any of my S&W's!!!

fabiodriven
02-06-2012, 08:09 PM
And shovel??

No need. ;)

hoosierlogger
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
make sure you lock your stuff up good, even if you're only leavin for 5 minutes.

Everything I took to trikefest was sitting there un locked. The keys were in the truck and a few extra trikes sitting at camp. I dont think you have to worry about anything coming up missing at TF. There were probably people that had stuff for sale with a coffee can sitting next to it for you to put the money in if they weren't there.

fabiodriven
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
make sure you lock your stuff up good, even if you're only leavin for 5 minutes. people can load up a trike and take off within 30 seconds......

Ya, I somehow missed this comment. Thanks for quoting this Hoosier.

Obviously you've never been to Trikefest rodeofan. That's a pretty ignorant comment. I brought probably 15 thousand dollars worth of truck, RV, food, trailer, food, booze, beer, fireworks, tools, and supplies in general. I brought 5 trikes and only two riders, including myself. Everything I had was sitting there in the open. Trikes ready to roll with one kick or pull. I wasn't worried for a second, and I won't be this year either.

Dirtcrasher
02-06-2012, 10:41 PM
We left access to 8 trikes/bikes and 3 tents, 2 vehicles at Trikefest with no issues at all; And we were in the HOLE that no one else was stupid enough to set up camp in :lol:

NO PROBLEMS!!

Johnny, you brought food twice!!?? :D

mollie8000
02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
forget the fireworks unless your leaving early,have heard stories of locals sneaking through the woods and stealing stuff but have been to tf 4 years running and nothing lost yet. a weedeater worked very nice last year,since they dont cut weeds around the pond,where i will be 5 years in a row. a non bitching wife is good to lay with at night too. pop up shower house is nice too.

DRKCYDE
02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I thought about it, but your stuff isn't really that nice. Hopefully you bring nicer stuff this year.:beer

Obviously you've never been to Trikefest rodeofan. That's a pretty ignorant comment. I brought probably 15 thousand dollars worth of truck, RV, food, trailer, food, booze, beer, fireworks, tools, and supplies in general. I brought 5 trikes and only two riders, including myself. Everything I had was sitting there in the open. Trikes ready to roll with one kick or pull. I wasn't worried for a second, and I won't be this year either.

MIK6
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I would recommend to the TF first timers to try to figure who you will be camping w, no since having 5 grills for 5 people. work as a group. Me and raffa have been going to TF together for a few years now, i pack the cooking stuff he packs the tools, we talk together so we don't have to much of the same stuff. Don't be afraid to talk to the guys around you, if someone has a grill lit, ask to throw some food on w theirs, if someone offers food enjoy, it all works out, no one goes hungry.
TF is my favorite week of the year, Ive been to all of them and don't see myself missing one!!

added to the list would have to be..
tarps,.. under a tent to keep mud down, shade, rain relief, ect..
zip ties,.. can do a lot w them, we lash our ezups together, hang stuff up, hang sidewall tarps ect
i bring a 5gal water cooler, fill it w ice each day, as the ice melts you got more drinking water..
folding plastic table, for cooking/ prepping/ eating on..
small folding table.. for the bathroom, open it up and you got a place for your clean stuff..
cleanser wipes/ disinfectant wipes,.. quick and easy to knock dust and grime off stuff..
extra ratchet straps,.. always break one or 2 on the way there..
Im sure ill think of more.. LOL

See ya at TF12!
MIK6 / Mike

rodeofan5656
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM

you definately havent rode where i have then. had a friend who got his Kawi 110 pitbike stolen outta the back of his truck in 3 minutes! it was strapped and the tailgate was up. he went to another campsite for 3-5 minutes (w/ the bike and truck where he couldnt see it), came back and the bike was gone. youd be suprised what can happen and what people will steal........

MIK6
02-07-2012, 04:25 PM
There is 250 trike riders in that park on that weekend, I doubt board members would steal from each other. the regular park goers have no clue who knows who, its a TRIKE FRIENDLY place that weekend, LOL
I leave 3 or 4 trikes alone alot that weekend, i leave them at the gatehouse when i take a shower, after 10 years dont worry about my trikes there at all.
If my atvs come up missing, i find them at the shoe tree w someone on it sipping a beer.. LMAO
I did hear of a trike missing from the gatehouse, someone just started up the wrong one.. was returned as they noticed it.. LOL

ENJOY TF!! Thats how 3WW rolls that week!!
MIK6 / Mike

fabiodriven
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
you definately havent rode where i have then. had a friend who got his Kawi 110 pitbike stolen outta the back of his truck in 3 minutes! it was strapped and the tailgate was up. he went to another campsite for 3-5 minutes (w/ the bike and truck where he couldnt see it), came back and the bike was gone. youd be suprised what can happen and what people will steal........

Not at Trikefest.

I'm 32 years old and have both stolen (when I was a dumb kid) and had things stolen from me. You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to Trikefest.

brapp
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
chris r 200x and the ky lube !!