PDA

View Full Version : Please look i need couple questions answerd soon as possible

dawghunter99
02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
ok i got a 1985 250 sx someone said they have water problems can someone explain more about that and maybe any other problems they tend to have i can watch for and is there any way i can register and isnure this machine i dont got no papers on it or anything how can i get some or register it and insure it ?? in ny state anything will help and another thing is how much are back plastics for this i want some newer shinear ones mine are all in one piec absalutely no cracks just tend to be color worn down and they seem to have a inch or inch half gape between gas tank and the seat

dustrunner
02-06-2012, 08:57 PM
hi, the dmv will tell u how 2 reg. the atc ( they love our money ) the gap in the tank /seat is normal.. how about some pics ????????????

wisconsinite
02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
As i understand it the 85 models have trouble with water getting into the rear axle/differential. Plastics are available from maier, but if yours are only faded search the site for restoring plastics, there's a few very informative threads on the subject.

I've heard of heating the seat pan to bend it back, but i've never done it myself.

dawghunter99
02-06-2012, 09:13 PM
ill get some pics up and is there anyway i can buy a sealent or something to stop the water temporarly i am a designing my own rear end for it and am about half done i just sent out for some messuarments to a budy to make me a chrome caseing

dustrunner
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
your designing a shaft drive assembly ?? let me know how that works out i have some friends at honda...