PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Bombardier Can-Am 250 Dirtbike clutch problems.

phqu2
02-07-2012, 02:55 AM
So I know this site is a three wheeler site and all but it's the only place that I have been able to find any info at all about my dirtbike. I've been searching every single site that I've been able to find and not a single one can tell me squat. I bought my bike for $150 from a farm here in maple ridge, BC, Canada where I live. My problem with the bike is that the clutch will not engage whatsoever. I'm not too familiar with bombardier rotax motors so I really don't want to try doing too much because I don't really want to screw it right up. My knowledge of motorcycle mechanics is pretty good but this one has me just a little confused. I can start the bike not a problem the majority of the time but no matter what I try the clutch will not engage. I figure it has got to be out of sync with the way the rotary piston turns inside the crankcase. If at all possible could someone please send me whatever information and manuals they may have to assist me with my problem. I really want to get this bike working properly, I'm just itching to ride this bike bigtime. You can Email me at phqu2@live.ca attn Lawrence