PDA

View Full Version : got a new 1984 ytm 200 needs some help

jessejamesfredd
02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
I just got a 1984 ytm 200el and it would start when I got it but when you put fuel in it the carburetor would over flow with gas, so I took it home cleaned the carburetor, new oil, air filter but now it will start but only ideal for a minute or less and I can’t rev the engine without it dying???????

jessejamesfredd
02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Ok I worked on it last night and it will start and idle cold now but when it warms up it wants to die. Does anyone know why this would be happening??? It does run like a beast, ugly little thing but It only cost me 200$

muthey
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
well there is a few things that can be wrong, first off that carb has 3 jets two on the bottom of the carb, and one down a hole in the float bowl, the carb on these are so touchy even a hair can fuss them up so I would recommend cleaning it again, and using compressed air to blow it out as well. Second the air filter ducting is also part of the frame so it's a good idea to run a clothes hangar through it to check for nesting or debris. and lastly there is an idle air screw that the manual says standard adjustment is 1 7/8 turns out from seat but can be a little more or less either way. Did you get plastics for that thing or do you need some? If you do let me know I have a full set with seat sitting in a bedroom.

muthey
02-08-2012, 01:42 AM
also if you are interested I have a battery box for it as well as I see they have a very ingenious setup on yours right there.

jessejamesfredd
02-08-2012, 02:35 AM
it works thanks for the help.