PDA

View Full Version : Klt 200

henninga
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I have a KLT 200 that seems to be stuck in 3rd gear, does anyone have any suggestion or maybe an idea what may be going on? I read something online about a tab on the shifting rod that can break off, not sure just looking for some advice. Thought that maybe someone has had this problem before.

dustrunner
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
yes , i had that happen so i bought a new shift arm and it was installed by a pro . and it didnt last very long !!!! so i bought another 1 ,installed it myself and swapped it off.. good luck ........

henninga
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
How hard of task is it to replace the shifting arm? I am in the process of buying a KLT 200 for parts that has a working shifter on it, how difficult will it be to pull off one and put on the other?

dustrunner
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM
not 2 bad , but ive worked on a ton of them, but thats how we learn. take apart the bad i first and remember how it goes back 2 gether and find the damaged part . then try 2 put it back 2 gether and if u cant u have the good 1 to then pull apart and find out how it goes back 2 gether again... if trailprotrailpro not sure write the steps down ... good luck.... but if the good one is that good , dont pull it apart..... nobody does it like the factory !!!!!!!!!!