PDA

View Full Version : !st time trike owner....3 wheeler world>>>>Help plzzz

kbatc
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Im a first time trike owner an have atc 250r fever.I have a 86 250 r and am trying to get cheap power for now dont have much money all advice would be much,much appricated.This is what i have on ordered. My tirike is all factory from motor to plastic. tell me what im doin right and wrongPlzzzz

Fmf gold series fatty
power core silenser
Boysene rad valve
esr air box eliminator
maxxis razr 20-11-9

should i change anything on about my carb, jet wise i dont know anything im learning as i go any suggestions and all comments good or bad pleazze>>>>.

Big Mike
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I cant give you the greatest detail in my advice, but you will definetly need to do some jetting once you put on all the parts you have coming. You will probably find you will need to go up a couple sizes on your main jet at least and perhaps a needle adjustment.

ezmoney1979
02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
You should keep that one stock and original, it looks nice! Until you get used to the power it makes stock, I dont see the need to add more. But, I know nothing of your skill level.

JasonB
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
sounds like your off to a good start so far! Thats pretty much where everyone starts though. You will def need to rejet with those mods though

RIDE-RED 250r
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh, and one more thing..... No such thing as CHEAP POWER! ;)

I concur with the others who have advised you to rejet with the intake and exhaust mods. You will likely need to go up about 2 sizes on the main, but start 3 sizes up to be safe. Raise the needle one notch as well. Pilot should be ok with just the pipe and reeds. But if you want to make sure you could go one size richer on the pilot as well.

wisconsinite
02-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Do a search for jetting help on this site, surf around for it, lots of good info here! And remember, too-rich jetting won't wreck parts!

Mosh
02-11-2012, 09:51 AM
You should keep that one stock and original, it looks nice! Until you get used to the power it makes stock, I dont see the need to add more. But, I know nothing of your skill level.
Werd...That is a nice looking 86..You may want to not molest it too much and ruin the value. If you have not spent any time on this machine, A FMF pipe and aftermarket filter in the stock box, along with some fresh reeds and proper jetting, will be plenty of power for you. They definately are not weak machines.

Personally, I would spend my money on some aftermarket plastics for it first and store that OEM stuff.. That rear fender OEM not cracked is worth Hundreds right now..As well as the front fender...Do you know that stuff is discontinued? Pipes and air filters are not.