PDA

View Full Version : pilonidal cyst

threewheelin-feelin
02-11-2012, 03:49 AM
so im trying to see if anyone has been lucky enough to get one of these...i woke up two days ago with one thought oh its nothing it will be gone in a couple of days...well its getting worst and i started doing research on it tonight and found out what it was...this thing causes intense pain and many times has to be removed with surgery:mad: and the recovery aparently is 10 times the pain afterwards...so if any of you guys have ever had one of these and beat it with out surgery. tell me what you did. thanks

The Goat
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Sterilize a blade and cut it.

Drain and squeeze.

Douse with alcohol.

All will hurt like hell.

Really no different than a regular cyst except it has its own drain. Prepare to be grossed out.

threewheelin-feelin
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
im guessing you have had one? we have been cleaning it with peroxide and putting neosporian on it...it has already started draining...it is very gross and embarrissing

The Goat
02-15-2012, 03:45 AM
If not incised it will likely keep coming back. I had a small cyst on my right shoulder blade for about a year, honestly thought it was a rogue piece of cartilage that was gonna require surgery. After working outside in the dirt I ended up with a pimple on it. Realized it was a cyst underneath and rather than having a doctor cut it, I did it. A sterilized blade cut across the top, drained, and then the painful part, opening it an cleaning with alcohol. Because I waited so long, a large amount of tissue was moved by the cyst, repeatedly wiped it with alcohol and sprayed it with saline. Ling story short, there is a spot on my back where skin is growing over nothing. You can press and it just feels hollow underneath. Had a doc look at it, said the other doc did q good job, didn't have the heart to tell her I did it lying face down on the floor on my left shoulder to give that arm the extra few inches to accurately position the knife.

Oh well.

Honestly, see a doc. That's the smartest thing. I have a large supply of cephalexin and clyndimicin, infection wasn't a concern when I did it.

just ben
02-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I had one the required surgery. The recovery wasnt bad until I fell off my old atc 70 and ripped all the sutures out. (mine was in a really bad spot) The old school doctors called them book bumps. Why? Thats what they treated them with believe it or not. They put your arm or whatever down on a table and slammed it with a big book. Barbaric but true

atc007
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
If not incised it will likely keep coming back. I had a small cyst on my right shoulder blade for about a year, honestly thought it was a rogue piece of cartilage that was gonna require surgery. After working outside in the dirt I ended up with a pimple on it. Realized it was a cyst underneath and rather than having a doctor cut it, I did it. A sterilized blade cut across the top, drained, and then the painful part, opening it an cleaning with alcohol. Because I waited so long, a large amount of tissue was moved by the cyst, repeatedly wiped it with alcohol and sprayed it with saline. Ling story short, there is a spot on my back where skin is growing over nothing. You can press and it just feels hollow underneath. Had a doc look at it, said the other doc did q good job, didn't have the heart to tell her I did it lying face down on the floor on my left shoulder to give that arm the extra few inches to accurately position the knife.

Oh well.

Honestly, see a doc. That's the smartest thing. I have a large supply of cephalexin and clyndimicin, infection wasn't a concern when I did it.

Ditto here. Mine was back right shoulder. Squeezed puss from it for ten??? years. Finally got worse. I sterilized everything up,and went at it while the wife stood there shaking her head and almost passing out. I went to the ER a cpl weeks later,and the DR said the SAME thing?? Who did that? I said,,,well,,, I did. He didn't believe me walking away seriously thinking I was joking with him,,he murmered well,they did a hell of a job. My weapon of choice was sterilized fingernail clippers. It looked like a little martian was trying to crawl out of me,,I had no choice. Neosporin is your friend!! Ok,,I use the Dollar tree stuff,it's literally better than the name brand.

rodeofan5656
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
i get a bunch of small cysts on the back of my head. it started durin football cause they dont sterilize the helmets. ill get about 3 a month. i heat a damp rag in the microwave til its pretty dang warm. hold it on the cyst til it gets cool. do this 3-4 times. when the skin is soft, squeeze. i know, it hurts like a son of a b***h, but the sooner you get the crap out, the better. keep it clean tho!

andersonee4
03-22-2012, 09:35 PM
wife had one. go get the surgery, needs to be "irrigated" and DO NOT USE PEROXIDE. peroxide removes the healed part time and time again. will double recovery time. but get it removed it will come back if you just drain it.