PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my new 250es BR, plus question.

Clint C
02-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought a 1985 250es BigRed! I'm pretty excited about it. I grew up riding three wheelers, we had a 110, and a 200x. I've also had four wheelers (2x4). I bought this one mainly for deer hunting plus some snow fun. As I play with this one I notice little things wrong with it that I didn't notice when I bought it, but that's ok because that's part of the fun fixing those things right, lol? One thing is I think I have a bent rim (all three are beat up) and I want to replace them, and the tires. What rim size do I need to look for when replacing the old ones? I want to put the original size tires on it 25x12-9. Probably go with the ITP steel rims on it. Thanks you all, and here are a couple pictures.141917141918

dustrunner
02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
nice trike ! if you have the owners manual it may have that info about the rim size ... or call your local dealer ....

MonroeMike
02-12-2012, 09:11 PM
http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart

JasonB
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM
good looking big red!

Clint C
02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks guys! Looks like it takes 9x9, 4/110 ( according to that chart). I measured the wheels on it, and they measured ten inches, but that was outside to outside, and doesn't include beadlock. I knew the tire says -9, but didn't know what the rim numbers should be. must have to measure the inside of the rim. I don't know a bunch about the smaller tires and rim sizes. Getting it figured out though, with the help you guys are giving me. Thanks again guys. I plan on having the racks, and footpegs powder coated. Probably replace the front rack, then replace the rims, and tires. I'll keep you all up to date on the progress this summer.