PDA

View Full Version : What did you do on your wheeler today! New members!

Clint C
02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I seen a thread today that I really wanted to comment on, but I couldn't because I am a new member. I'm fine with that, those are the rules, and I can follow them without crying over it. I really wanted to tell my story so I thought I would start this one in the new member area.

Today I took my son out to the parents, and we took the three wheeler. We got a sled, and some rope. You know what happened next! Yep that's right I was pulling him on the sled behind the three wheeler! He loved it! So did I, made me remember some of my childhood. I wonder how many kids get to do what he did today, I bet not to many. He's seven!

On a side note, when I was a kid we had a lot shorter rope, and we went a lot faster! You didn't want to be the person in the front because with that short rope you were eating snow the whole time, LMBO! You just had to close your eyes and try to enjoy the ride, then when we stopped you could wipe the snow off your eyes, and stop crying long enough to get someone else to sit in front, lol. When I bought this three wheeler, and I started it up for the first time, I smelled the exhaust, and it instantly triggered those memories. Honda exhaust has it's own smell, and I love it.

rallye26
02-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Good story! I hope to do some of the same when I get mine all fixed back up. I have pieces of mine scattered throughout the garage, parts on order, and just can't wait to get mine in running shape so I can go out and do some riding. No kids yet, but you better believe he or she will be getting pulled around the yard with it!

Clint C
02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks rallye26. I know how you feel about getting your wheeler back together. I have so much I want to do to mine, but spent all my funds just getting it, lol. What model do you have?

I had posted this same story on my Facebook page, and my sister had made this comment. Made me laugh so hard, mainly because it is true.

As I recall there was no stopping until enough donuts were completed to throw everyone off the sled. When you stood up the eye holes and mouth hole of your ski mask would be packed full of snow. Awe, good times! :) I need to go buy a sled now.

86ATC 250r
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
yep i jus did the same thing with my 2 girls and my wife bout 2 weeks ago. and me and her have 400ex hers is a 99 and mines an 02. i even had my wife on the sled as i pulled her cause she never did that as a kid like i did. and i think she had more fun then the kids. what a blast it was. i had so much fun watching them all laughin and being happy. when i was going up i got spoiled my firends parents had a camp with lots of land and a huge hill and they had 5 or 6 snowmobiles and we would all hold on to the rope and some one would drag us up the hill and then we would sled ride down and do it all over again. then we got a huge intertube and would go flying threw the field with the snowmobile puling us. i have a 86 250r and it dnt go to good in the snow plus its in too nice of shape i wouldnt rideit in the snow anyways. jus my preference.
man good topic sure did bring back some memorys

Moby G
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
That's great. My boys and I had a blast a couple of weeks a go doing that same thing ] All three of us were laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn101/Mobyguzzer/2012-01-27_16-12-59_349.jpg

Clint C
02-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Awesome Moby G! Does that tube work good? I almost bought one to use, but didn't think it would hold up well. Thanks, for the picture.

Moby G
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
It has been great so far...still holding air. Its so much fun to swing it out on the corners then start grabbing gears to try and keep ahead of it. Way to much fun.

Kenny_smallz
02-13-2012, 10:37 PM
wow guys thats awesome wish we had snow down here in central louisiana like that... we get it every 2 years a little maybe. anyways we make sleds out of a piece of plywood and when it floods the ditches we ski the ditches behind out 3 wheelers or what ever we got handy lol great stories, your stories remind me of my child hood too...

Moby G
02-14-2012, 01:39 AM
I want to see video of ditch skiing...sounds nuts, but fun.

I started the plastic restoration on my Tecate. It was ugly, the picture of the front fender is what I started with. The pic of the rear fender is after 800a grit. Still a long ways to go but its getting better.

Jon Boy
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
this thread brought back a few memories of when we would pull eachother around back in the day. we'd tow an old round steel coke sign and start doing donuts. we'd get it spinning so much and so hard that whoever was riding the Big Red would end up getting pulled backwards in a wheelie (it was hooked onto the hitch even), only thing to do was keep it going and slowly come out of it or it'd send the rider over backwards. :lol:
good thread. :beer

sr1288
02-14-2012, 07:16 PM
142111 My two girls love being towed around in their sled also. I usually want to quit before them!:)

dustrunner
02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
ya we used a volkswagon hood till it was shredded then we took a 2x6 and bolted a piece of carpet to it and that was a ball. we sure put alot of miles on my buddies field and our 250sx and big reds .... great memories ... ahh to be young again.......

200xman123
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
went for a good long ride on my 200x

tapage
03-06-2012, 11:34 PM
my dad did that to me to, except we used a Max II 6 wheeler, and i hit a brick with a sled, still the best time i can remember
:TrikesOwn

xman2rman
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Great thread! I've been rebuilding brakes on a project R.... I miss snow riding back in the day in Ky on my old 185s.

Trikey
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Today My buds and i got together to work on his 81 185. Since he has solid forks we put the 83 models forks on which have suspension! Worked out great and now his head bearings are smooth they were dry as a bone.

nwwaters
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Today the parts bike is coming apart.

stubble_jumper
03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
This thread has brought back some memories! Me and my neighbor put on many miles with the big red towing snow gts and "magic carpets". That was unbelievable fun. The bruises don't seem to hurt as much when you laughing. haha

threecar
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Nothing today just looked at them

bodydrp
03-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Ive been working on my 85 200x, ordered another axle and axle bearings so i been cleaning up the swingarm

ebaccm26
03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Sadly nothing, but I definately was thinking about it alot

gearhead9056
03-08-2012, 12:00 AM
today i put some new handle bars on my 200x, until i found i had the wrong throttle cable for my twist throttle

tapage
03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
i got stuck in a creek...-_-...

TheCrackary
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Went ridin with a few of the younger boys from around town, they've all got nice quads(wish my parents had bought me stuff like that) mostly 400ex's a few utility 4x4's. they were all standing around the campfire when i showed up all i got was weird looks and smirks, except one kid who was like ZOMGWTFBBQ that thing sounds good(old rusted out DG that i think sounds like poo poo. But i showed them, hung through most the trails except for the bigger hillclimbs(clutch is startin to go and had some big tires slowin me down:shiftyeyes:trailprotrailpro:shiftyeyes: ) I hate thoes damn things more and more everytime i ride:mad::mad::mad:.....

travis i
03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
today i built wider pegs for my 350x and am trying to get a 10 inch rim from a lt500 to fit on the front. i got it to fit but the spacing is off, i need to get it centered.

travis i
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
i just rebuilt the motor with a .40 over wiseco piston and 300ex oil pump. i put the 400ex head pipe on and need to put the 400 ex carb on. i just have been waiting to finish the break in before i mess with the jetting. i am also looking into a 400ex cdi box. amr stage 3.

travis i
03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
quick tip, the 85 and 86 cam chain tensioners are different but if you drill out the 85 jug you can use the 86 style and everyone said it is the better one to use.

travis i
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
i am trying to get a pair of inverted forks on my 350x using suzuki forks and honda vtx 1800 triple trees. i had to make a shim to fit the top clamp. i am tryting to use two top clamps cause they were cheaper. and i am trying to pull the stem out and put it in its place. i dont have a press but i have a 5/8 piece of all thread and some 1-1/4 pipe and couplings to press it out when i tighten the bolts and i will reverse the pipe and couplings when i put the new one back in.

superlack
03-13-2012, 12:36 AM
reinstalled gas tank. sanded, welded, sealed, painted