PDA

View Full Version : So, I had a tenant call today.

Dirtcrasher
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
As the story goes, a tenant called to complain; He said there was a squirrel above his ceiling.

I said you owe me 6 weeks rent?!, I said NO pets, now you owe me another 20$ per week!!. How long has the squirrel been there?!!

And I hung up the phone.

Never heard back from him.

Anyway, I thought it was comical......

DasUberKraut
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
When I was a property manager, I loved messing with people. Love your humor man!

riverrat
02-12-2012, 11:44 PM
LMFAO!!! hahahahaha, good one. No pets $20 more..

Vealmonkey
02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Steve, glad to see your taking it all in stride. I don't know how you do it. Wish you would have made the race in Elmira. I keep inching closer up to your way. That's twice in 2 months. Looks like the other ice race is a wash out, so don't know when I'll be up your way again. Maybe have to make a special trip up to see you and fabio.

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Veal, this ride is gonna be done this year; Then I can move on back to a regular HVAC job and hopefully meet the people I have wanted to for some time :beer

Funny thing, I got a 20$ money order from Sammy the Squirrel; He didn't sign it though........

And nothing from the tenant.

Thorpe
02-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Thats good stuff right there Steve!

sp8twn
02-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Lmao!!!!!!!!

threewheelin-feelin
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM
you damn slum lord!! lol...i hate how people think they can leave rent free and still want more...so how long do you have to wait till you can legally kick them out?

sweetip2000
02-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Squirrels are always looking for a mouth full of nuts. Be careful and don't keep any peanut butter in your pockets !!

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
you damn slum lord!! lol...i hate how people think they can leave rent free and still want more...so how long do you have to wait till you can legally kick them out?

In Mass, we give either a 14 day notice to catch up or a 30 day notice "landlord requires use of premises". They ignore either then I pay about 200$ and get a court day 4 weeks later. They dispute it and I go back 3 weeks later. They if the liberal arse judge doesn't allow them to stay ANOTHER month free, I can pay to have them served to leave in 48 hours. If they don't leave, I need a sheriff, locksmith and a bonded licensed mover to evict them and I pay the 1st 3 months storage and the 1000$ moving fee.

In other words, get a good tenant or your screwed and you can only do a credit check. No arrest or court checks etc.........

atc007
02-14-2012, 08:51 AM
I know 3 people who are set for life doing this,,,,,I simply could NOT!!! I feel for ya DC .

JasonB
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
holy crap! thats freaking hilarious! smooth move on your part.

threewheelin-feelin
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
im not 100% sure...but in virginia ive heard people say you can evict some one if there 3 months behind...and you know if it happens cause there will be big piles of furniture cloths and house hold items at the curb

Dirtcrasher
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I think Florida it's a seven day notice; It varies state to state.

Today I got at one building, the fire escape had been climbed, a window broken into and his wallet and a few other things stolen. Then they went to Walmart to try and use the debit card. I can't wait to see the footage :lol:

I painted, started an eviction, did some FRP and have to attack the bathroom next. Never enough time........

jb2wheels
02-14-2012, 10:30 PM
In Mass, we give either a 14 day notice to catch up or a 30 day notice "landlord requires use of premises". They ignore either then I pay about 200$ and get a court day 4 weeks later. They dispute it and I go back 3 weeks later. They if the liberal arse judge doesn't allow them to stay ANOTHER month free, I can pay to have them served to leave in 48 hours. If they don't leave, I need a sheriff, locksmith and a bonded licensed mover to evict them and I pay the 1st 3 months storage and the 1000$ moving fee.

In other words, get a good tenant or your screwed and you can only do a credit check. No arrest or court checks etc.........

THAT SUCKS!

In TX:
- late notice goes out on the 4th because the 3rd is the last grace day (and even that gets late fees)
- 5 days after that they get a the eviction and leave within 3 days notice
- 3 days later, no rent and late fees = we file in JP court ($75)
- 8-10 later we go to court
- 5 day wait for appeal
- go to county and file for writ of possession ($150)
- 24 hours later, Constable evicts

riverrat
02-14-2012, 11:34 PM
6 days after that they get the electric chair.

Dirtcrasher
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Today, a 10 day old tenant, got robbed. We are surrounded by single family homes.....

Someone climbed the fire escape and he had left a window unlocked, they got a few small items and his debit card which they used at Walmart, or attempted to use I should say. So, he has the police involved and they are looking at footage. I can't wait to view that footage, has to be one of the 3 scums I have left in the home. 2 are in the evictions proceedings.

Thanks Dad for renting to losers and crackheads!!

tri-Z ripper
03-12-2012, 01:52 PM
never a good time dealing with Trashy people!!!! I interview my landlord when i move to a place and have been very lucky. Now we are looking at houses as we are tired of paying someone else's mortgage. Good luck DC i know people that have had to go almost a year with their property lived in by scumbags who never paid rent past the security deposit. In Ct they get 3 months after being evicted!