PDA

View Full Version : atc200s dg exhaust! Pics

Buckizbrutal
02-13-2012, 12:28 AM
So I have a dg exhaust on the way, and I was wondering if anyone has any pics of one on the machine they could post? Does the dg follow the same path through the frame and out the middle, like the stock exhaust, or does it mount along the side of the frame like an atv?

Buckizbrutal
02-14-2012, 12:11 AM
So just in case any read this and was wondering, I got my DG RCM Exhaust today and put it on my atc200s. The exhaust fall owed the same path through the frame as the stock exhaust. It was really pretty easy besides removing the probly stock bolts from the case. The nuts were so rusted on it was actually easier to break them loose and just remove them completely, and just replace with brand new. When ordering the exhaust you want to buy the gasket for it too. $1.99. And make sure you get the old one out. It was so smashed you could barely tell it was in there. The stock muffler had two mounting brackets where the DG RCM only uses one, there very read bracket. But seams very solid. Waiting for my k&n and air filter lid so I can really tune it in. Even with the old filter and no air box lid it doesn't seem to need jetted after putting this exhaust on. I did a complete tune up to the atc200s just needed the air box lid, exhaust, and air filter, neccesities. Any input if jetting would help would be great! I like the exhaust it sounds great and can't wait to tune in the final stages. Also any input on how to get top end out of the atc200s would be great, the DG RCM seems to really kick in at high rmp's and the motor doesn't seem to want to put out at that rate.

Buckizbrutal
02-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Will post pics tomorrow evening.

Scratt
02-14-2012, 01:21 AM
I ran a K&N on my 200x and i found it was just on the line for me not having to jet it but as soon as I put my dg exhaust on I had to put a bigger jet in but felt the performance increase immediately. Get it all on and do a plug chop and see what it looks like but it sounds like you will have to do your jets.

Buckizbrutal
02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Cool, thanks! Did you just change your main, or did you change the main and slow. I know to only change one at a time and check it, just wondering what worked for you.

Scratt
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I ended up just changing the main and tried it out then I did more of a fine tuning by adjusting the needle clip position. After that it was perfect but it is also different for everyone so it's a matter of trial and error. There is a great jetting thread on here if you need any help on what to change and to look for.

Buckizbrutal
02-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll have to check that out, any opinion if just swapping to the xr200r carb and not jetting would work?