PDA

View Full Version : Tigers on C/L - Barely Missed them

Macs
02-13-2012, 05:12 PM
If i would have been 15 minutes faster...... DANG!

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2849237073.html

My wife called me about 8:00 this morning and said " Someone had some strange looking 3 wheelers in there driveway". I didnt think too much of it. A couple of hours later i saw that craigslist ad and quickly put 2 and 2 together. Emailed the owner and after a few minutes without a response, i called my wife and told her to head over to where she saw those three wheelers. She hurried over there and they were being loaded up by the new owner!

If anyone from here picked them up, please let me know.

atc007
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Un frikkin real. Sorry for your loss man.. I know it sucks to be that close!!

Macs
02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I have been chasing the rumor mill for quite sometime about two Tigers in my area. I bet this was them. they were about 1/2 a mile away!

BWard
02-13-2012, 06:01 PM
OMG, That Is A REAL BUMMER.

Orangecnty250r
02-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear that! Those opportunities rarely come up! If they went cheap enough to someone who knew what they were we may see them again on ebay....tiger flippin~!! Was there any more info in the original ad other than sold!!

atc007
02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Well,If I have learned Anything in the past year. Assuming the new owner will chime in here is not guaranteed to say the Least! A LOT of 3 wheeled freaks simply do not come on here for whatever their reasons. Will be cool if we can find out more though!

weidjd
02-13-2012, 08:09 PM
$500? Wow, that sucks man. And only half mile from you. Life is funny some times.

lazybiker79
02-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow!! This is something that you'll only see once in your life..

Orangecnty250r
02-13-2012, 09:50 PM
$500? Wow, that sucks man. And only half mile from you. Life is funny some times.

Heck, I am buying this front rim/hub and tripples (damaged tripples) for 250.00 shipped and I am happy about that since I was down one hub and rim !! Funny it makes me wonder is this front end was once on one of the 3 tigers I bought without a front end. Anyway, I recently received some reliable information that roughly 40-50 tiger 200s and 250s were sold. This would mean most have been located...so these 2 tigers were an even rarer find than most would think.

Yamaha_Rules69
02-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Is that a Honda 185/200 with the tiger front end put on it? Why would they ever do that.....

Dirtcrasher
02-13-2012, 11:28 PM
ASk BCredneck.............

redskinman
02-13-2012, 11:37 PM
whats so great about the tigers?

riverrat
02-13-2012, 11:57 PM
whats so great about the tigers?

Nothing, LOL. They are just rare and collectable. I also like the way they look. But if I was racing I would race something else.

Vealmonkey
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Tiger 500. Saturday night 2nd heat winner in Elmira, NY on the ice. 2nd place podium finish in the main.

riverrat
02-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Did you guys just hear that? I heard two sounds, one of a can of worms opening, then the sound of ruffled feathers, lol. Veal, while I have the utmost respect for what you did putting the Tiger out there to race, and I also don't want you to think that I don't love the Tigers, I will just ask you one question since you are bragging about the finish on Sat night. Let's put aside that it was a crash fest and unfinished race, let's put aside that it was 6 trikes racing 4 laps on a toilet bowl sized track that is hard to pass on, let's not even talk about driver abilities. My question is, if the Tiger was a 500, and everything else was 310 or smaller, why did it only come in second?

Orangecnty250r
02-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Nothing, LOL. They are just rare and collectable. I also like the way they look. But if I was racing I would race something else.

Congrats tiger 500!! Flashback 1985:lol:

Vealmonkey
02-14-2012, 07:25 AM
For all the reasons you mentioned above. Let alone, no practice for Eric on the Ice with it. He had only ridden the Tiger on the ice in the first heat race on friday and the 2nd heat race on Saturday and the main as well on saturday. So, not only not real familiar with the trike, but not familiar with the trike on ice. Alot of the guys that raced, had raced on the ice before. The other racers with experience on their trike also had their own tried and true studding preferences. It was all new to Eric as far as the 500 and the ice. Not a bad showing considering all the factors.

riverrat
02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Congrats tiger 500!! Flashback 1985:lol:

Thanks for posting that Oc, I was asking how much hp they made. I will admit I am pretty ignorant as to the Tigers potential as I have only had to ride one once. I rode a 250 on ice, and to me it felt like a tank. With my very mildly modded 250 Honda I was able to lap the Tiger without a problem. The power too didn't even seem all that impressive. I was impressed at how much power it had down low though. So I suppose like anything else, it's all in the setup, familiarity, and rider ability. Which leads me to stick to my original statement of, there is nothing so special about Tiger other than it's rarity, "the cool factor". I say all this with a big smile on my face, and I really hope I am not ruffling feathers here. I don't want to blow a chance to get to ride one, maybe I need to ride one so I can change my stance.

I am also very impressed at how well he did with the 500 on ice. I really would love to race him next year on a bigger track to see the difference in speed between the 500 and my new creation. I would own one in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Still don't know if I would race it though.

I am not brand specific either, I would love to own all the brands, and that is my goal. It would be nice to get a cagiva and race it on the ice. Between all of us we have such a great collection of classic rides, and it is so awesome how we all still race them, it's like the greatest show on earth to me.

Vealmonkey
02-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I would too very much enjoy seeing all the classic trikes run. 250rs and tri zs have the advantage of continuing aftermarket support, which the Tiger never had. I think there is alot more potential left in the Tiger, but it's really a matter of getting more familiar with it. I would love to see a cagiva and a husky and a Tiger hash it out. Alot of guys are building machines today that are generations newer than a Tiger. It was still really cool to see the old dinosaur chewing up the ice. I mean a Tiger 500 that was being run hard in competition. I wonder when was the last time that happened? There is interest in gettting the other 250 out and getting it fixed up to run. Have to repair the frame and have a new pipe made at the very least. There are other projects to complete though. I wish you would have introduced yourself to me at the race and rattle my cage. But I'm so bad with names, you may have introduced yourself to me, and I just can't place a name with your avatar on the boards. I met so many new people and was kind of running around with the Tiger and taking in all the races. Plus no sooner than I checked in at the hotel, then I was running out the door again. Didn't even get a chance to put my bags in my room but was off for the arena. So it all happened pretty fast. Then there was slipping and falling on the ice friday evening and getting a little lost on the way back to the hotel and that was even with the gps which ended up taking us to a dead end street. LOL Funny now, but not when everyone was tired after being at the arena all day. Sorry guys.

riverrat
02-14-2012, 11:04 PM
I didn't make it to the race, my trike wasn't finished in time, I just got it running Sunday after 200 hours of labor. I also had a death in the fam and had to fly out last week. I've often dreamt of doing up a Tiger (if I could get one) but the problem is just what you said, everything today is pretty advanced with all the aftermarket parts, it would just be so involved, and then it wouldn't be a Tiger anymore. Like my Honda, probably more than 50% is aftermarket, I don't think a stock Tiger would ever be able to compete with it. Your Tiger may have not come in first due to those reasons I stated, but it may have also come in second due to the same reasons. However, what you did was incredible by putting out there, history was made, and the rider did a phenomenal job riding it, I know I wouldn't have done nearly as good on the 250Tiger I tried. Hopefully next year at icefest I will get to meet you and the machine in person. I am like you, I would have raced it too.

Vealmonkey
02-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Luckily, There are Maybe 11 or 12 Tiger "specific" parts on a Tiger. The rest are off the shelf bits. There are 2 or 3 people in the country who will build a smokin rotax powerplant. But I don't know of any aftermarket rotax heads for the 250lc or the air cooled 500. Of course you could port and polish to your hearts desire. Turbo cranks mod of course. But no known big bore kits and such. Still trying to figure out those Marzocchi fork seals. LOL So the only real options are 200-250 and 500 which is a whole different trike. I don't think the 250 could compete with a messaged 310 or bigger. So luckily I had the 500 and it was running but still needed some work and it still does need some work. Major bugs have been worked out but it still needs a lot of little stuff. We'll see what happens. I'm glad it ran and could run. I'm glad it made a showing as well as running. It says alot about Eric and his buddy Josh who helped him out majorly. It would be neat to see what the 500 would do with more running room and better ice. Looking forward to next years cold season. Improvements will continue to be made. Sorry about the loss of your family member.

redskinman
02-15-2012, 07:53 PM
If i would have been 15 minutes faster...... DANG!

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2849237073.html

My wife called me about 8:00 this morning and said " Someone had some strange looking 3 wheelers in there driveway". I didnt think too much of it. A couple of hours later i saw that craigslist ad and quickly put 2 and 2 together. Emailed the owner and after a few minutes without a response, i called my wife and told her to head over to where she saw those three wheelers. She hurried over there and they were being loaded up by the new owner!

If anyone from here picked them up, please let me know.

I saw your ad on CL,I know its got to be you :) Any luck,get any replies back?