PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings 3

hondatrikesrule22
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Is any one else waiting for the Return of the king next month?its hard to disagree...part 1 and 2 were awesome movies.the lord of the rings 1 and 2 and scarface should be on the top ten movies of all time.

J.D.
11-14-2003, 11:37 AM
I am so waiting for it! The first 2 were freakin' awesome!

86250RZ
11-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Me 3. I can't wait! The new Matrix was pretty good also just didnt end like I expected :twisted:

ATC crazy
11-14-2003, 06:44 PM
My friend got me hooked on Lord of the Rings. I though it was gunna be one of those stupid magical creature movies again but I was way wrong. Now I LOVE Lord of the Ring. They are awesome...better than that Harry Potter crap..

Manny55
11-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Ya i agree with you guys lord of the rings is awesome. I loved the first two. I can't wait tell the third one comes out i heard its coming out in december!

Billy Golightly
11-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm curious to know as how many of you actually read the books before the movies were out?

hondatrikesrule22
11-14-2003, 11:10 PM
tried to,can't get into it.will read one of these days...not exactly a bookworm lol

J.D.
11-15-2003, 12:16 AM
No I haven't read the books. I want to though.

ATC crazy
11-15-2003, 12:42 PM
No I haven't read the books. I want to though.

Me too. I dont really like reading, nor do I have the time (I live on here most of the day :D ) If the library at school had one of those books, I'd be reading one for my book report.

dc
11-15-2003, 11:27 PM
I'm curious to know as how many of you actually read the books before the movies were out?

A couple months after I got done reading the 3rd book I saw previews for the first movie. :shock:

I thought it was crazy, I mean these books have been out for sooooooo long now and it just so happens that once I read them, they make a movie of them. Talk about some crazy timing!

But if you do read the book, you'll see that the movie cuts out a lot from the book. It also had Boromir dying in the first movie, which should have happened in the second. I was surprised.

hondatrikesrule22
11-16-2003, 12:23 AM
that another reason why I havent read them...I watched part 2 and decided to read part 2 read the end and pick up up where I left off.at the end of the movie it shows gollum leading sam and frodo to the secret entrance.at the end of the book it kept going past were the movie left off.not that thats a big deal or anything...as far as cutting footage out,thats why the extended 4 disc version came out.

ATCnut
11-16-2003, 01:15 AM
I read the books the first time in the 70's. I read them several times since then, way before the movies ever came out.

There have actually been a couple of movies and cartoons done of the Tolkin stuff before this set, but this one is by far the best

DeathRUSH
11-16-2003, 09:58 AM
LOTR flicks are awesome, so is the fact that pirated movies come out as soon as they hit the theatrs here in the middle east, since we are on lock down, we take what we can get. I would beg to differ about Harry Potty though, that "herhiney" chick is going to be fine here in a few years. You can say Im a sick old man if ya want, but I said the same thing about alyssa malano when she played on , who's the boss. :twisted:

Fast416ex
11-23-2003, 04:45 PM
The third LOTR movie should be awesome like the first two, and I can't wait for it to come out either.

As for the actress that plays Herminey in the Harry Potter movies, she's definitely a looker and will be extremely hot in a few years.

BLAZERONE22
11-25-2003, 03:03 AM
My friend got me hooked on Lord of the Rings. I though it was gunna be one of those stupid magical creature movies again but I was way wrong. Now I LOVE Lord of the Ring. They are awesome...better than that Harry Potter crap..

Me too, I got talked into going after a big Thanksgiving dinner a couple years ago, Pissed and moaned all the way there. Ended up wanting to read the books and waiting for the other movies to come out. Exellent story!