PDA

View Full Version : Round 3-2012 OTC Grand Champion Series-Harescramble at Big Valley East Palestine, OH

TimSr
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Cross country Harescramble at Big Valley in East Palestine, OH . This is a CRA event, CRA card required, one 3 Wheeler Class.

Details and info: http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra9225.php#9225

Tri-Z 250
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
So your a trail guy and not much of a racer; and your machine is a great runner, but not for MX or Flatrack. This is the equalizer of all types of racing. The track and time are the main obstacles to over come...not a set of woops or and must do double. This is you and your machine doing the best you can against the clock. The HS I've attended or typically fun courses layed out over the countryside. TUFF you bet mud, ruts, rocks, water if it's in the woods you'll be riding over though or around all of it. Now there not CRAZY so only a few can clear a section; but some sections can get backed-up or log-jammed. It might be a simple 10-20' hillclimb thats slick and tree rutted so you need to clear it at speed. Steep downhills are also equalizers do to the fact only the crazy insured fly down them...so everyone slows for this type of section. I recomend a CammelPack or some form of waterpack. 1-1/2Hrs of racing/riding your gonna get thristy. You need to drink as you roll as the clock is ticking. Roll-offs/tearoffs are great if its super muddy but not a must. The 1 thing the HS has over the MX IMO. You signup, lineup, race, and head home....your not sitting around all day for your moto. You get your feet wet and run down the clock and see how many laps you can put down. Jumps? sure there are always a few but I'd be more worried about the trees and sippy holes.
Come get you feet wet I promise you this type of racing is more like a fast paced trail ride...you don't have to press it either. The Hare and the old dog...fast/crash&mistakes or even pace/ not much problems usually comes out on top...It has a very ZIN feel were getting stuck or missed turns lead to lost time.

TimSr
03-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Still plenty of time to get ready for this. You just need a good trail worthy machine with good wokring front and rear brakes. A 200X or 250SX has no disadvantage to a 250R, and a 350X is probably the ultimate weapon of choice, so if your a great trail rider who is not crazy about getting on a track, this is the race for you.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra9225.php#9225

TimSr
03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Looks like 12 for sure, and about half are new people! Steve, I got you down for an extra guy. I havent counted Flyin' Brian becuase I havent talked to him yet, but Im pretty sure he will make 13.

Tri-Z 250
03-31-2012, 10:20 AM
65* partly cloudy with a chance of scadered showers LATE in the day. Conditions couldn't be anymore perfect as the race will be over before the weather changes.

Tri-Z 250
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.quadzoneforums.com Look in the XC section subtitle CRA
The 3wheeler group was a good showing to an extreme 120rider turnout. The conditions were near perfection and the course layout was extremely fun. The Maryland Milkman delivered on the Orange Crush 500 to take a 2nd to the Wildman Sam out of PA aboard his 350X. BIG respect to these two guys who overalled better than half the 4wheeler field from the last row. Checkout the short video and quality pics of the race in the link. To the 225DX rider(sorry missed your name) I heard later of your tipover after the downhill...hope your feeling alright, with no serious injuries. Anyone running this series that may have been on the fence for this race ,you sure missed a good one. I'm hoping for a few more of these next year as this was to me more fun than a motocross. You tend to get a bit more muddy and need to hydrate as you ride at your own pace...GOODTIMES. It was great to see some new faces including Mr.3WW himself....thanks fer the burger fellas!

TimSr
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Steve, Dave migrated those all into the OTC Forum, and I've added Jenny's photos as well.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about972.html