PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Wisconsin Newbie!

oldiron1
02-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I live in Hartford, Wisconsin and initially found this forum to learn about a Honda 250SX that I've owned for years and was looking to sell a couple of weeks ago and man, has my mind-set changed over past couple of weeks!

I started off into three-wheelers back when I was about 14 years old when my dad bought our neighbors Honda 200S for my brother and I to run around our farm on. During high school then, I bought, fixed up, broke and sold quite a few other three wheelers. Eventually learning about cars and girls, I kind of lost interest in my old 3-wheelers, but always had a couple of them for running around the farm on that haven't had a whole lot of use in the past 10 years. (I always regretted parting with my old '85 Tecate to buy a car.)

I'm 29 now and recently married. My wife has been talking about wanting a quad to run around our land on so I thought I'd sell a couple of my old three wheelers to buy a quad with which brought me to this forum. I did sell 2 of my 3 ATC's and replaced them with a Yamaha Warrior (within the last two weeks) however I started to read about the machine I used to dream about when I was younger....3rd Generation 250R's. Last week I happened to find an '85 250R locally that I was able to make mine which has really "rekindled" an old flame for me and I now look forward to learning about ATC's, working/putzing with my 250R and hopefully contributing to this forum as I gain some more exuberance as nice and knowledgeable folks have already done for me.

My current "collection" includes:
1984 Yamaha 225DX (Old Faithful)
1985 Honda 250R
1999 Yamaha Warrior 350

Anyway, I wanted to say "HI" as I look forward to meeting more of you and wanted to say "Thanks" for the help that I've already received!

DasUberKraut
02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Hello from Eau Claire! Welcome to 3WW.

mtsnieg
02-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Welcome to 3wheelerworld .Awesome site here, everything you will need to knoww is here. I'm in Okauchee, on the lake. If you're lookin for a place to ride some ice, let me know, we ride almost every weekend and try to hit a different location ech weekend, ice permitting.

oldiron1
02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Welcome to 3wheelerworld .Awesome site here, everything you will need to knoww is here. I'm in Okauchee, on the lake. If you're lookin for a place to ride some ice, let me know, we ride almost every weekend and try to hit a different location ech weekend, ice permitting.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here! Man, it's a small world....I know Okauchee well as I grew up in Oconomowoc which is where my Mom still has the farm and I spend plenty of time. (I didn't realize there was another 250R trike so close!) :cool:

I've only been on the ice once and that was a long time ago when we checked out Fowler Lake. How has the local ice been this winter?

pantera1975
02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I dont think there's any 250R's in Ripon

DasUberKraut
02-15-2012, 05:23 AM
I've been told there are several 250R's, 350X's and even some Tri-Zingers in Eau Claire but I don't believe anyone. I've only seen utility Trikes around here. I wish There were more Trikes by me to ride with. The boys by the Twin Cities are closer to me than anyone I think.

MonroeMike
02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.