PDA

View Full Version : Dog catcher is worthless

jays375
02-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Been having alot of trouble with the neighbors dogs.Gone on the past few years.These people aren't what you would call very outstanding citizens.The dogs pretty much run wild all night.Used to be all the time.After having a incident the only let them out at night.One morning they had my dog pinned up against the car going after it.Lucky I didn't have a gun.Well not a whole lot came of it.They will bark right outside my window at night.Let alone running loose while deer hunting is really playing with there lives.The dog catcher never took the dogs guess gave them a fine.You can't get much of answer.Now today they tell me there isn't much they can do without proof.They say it is border line harrestment.Then says he won't answer the door.I had one in a live trap but the dirtbag neighbor let it loose.Just reset the trap with my game camera on it.This is really nice what happens if they attack my dog again and really do damage or worse.My tough luck I guess.I have never owned a dog yet the leaves the yard.Can't with a road in front of the house.So now I need to get in touch with the higher ups I guess.That is after I get my proof for the local dog catcher.Bet they would be knocking on my door if one came up missing or came home with a bullet hole.Great society we have these days.Honest hard working people don't matter.If your a dead beat dirtbag that doesn't work you have it made.

hoosierlogger
02-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Get yourself a pellet rifle.

dcreel
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
My mom and dad had the same problem with a neighbors dog. It went on for years.. My mom finally took it for a drive.. We have people like that in our neighborhood too that let their dogs roam at night. It's only happened once on my property and I chained somebodys dog to a tree in my front yard. Apparently they got the hint because it hasn't happened since. As for the cats in my neighborhood.. they get the bb gun..

All you can do is keep your family safe. If another dog came on my property and attacked my dog or my family it would be a dead dog.

RIDE-RED 250r
02-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't stand when people let their dogs roam either. I mean, what's the point when you are no longer safe from other peoples' "pets" on your own property??!!

First let me say, I don't get my kicks from killing animals.. But, were I faced with mean, provocative, viscous dogs trying to take over MY property, they would not be long for this world after 1 fair warning to the owner. If after 1 warning it there is still a problem, dog season officially opens on my property!

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I have 2 young kids and I would NEVER take the chance that my kids are attacked and injured, or worse on account of some stupid stray dogs. Not a risk I'm willing to take for the sake of not hurting someone's feelings.

Chazz of Blades
02-16-2012, 03:50 AM
I have an outside dog who roams around. He's one of the laziest, sweetest dogs you'll ever see though, and I've yet to hear a single complaint from any of the neighbors, all of whom feed him scraps.

But my neighbor a few years back had two labs that ran wild, who were meaner than a toothless snake, so the next time they got in my yard and started stealing stuff off the porch and tearing it up(in my yard, no less), one ended up with four .243 rounds in it's side, and the other one never came back.

The Goat
02-16-2012, 03:55 AM
To those of you advocating violence toward the animals, it's of course their fault they are being contained all day and let out at night.

If the dog is being aggressive toward you, another person, or your own dog on your property, then of course handle it. However, I've yet to encounter the dog I would shoot rather than simply smack.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who aren't threatened by another human go to pieces when confronted with a few teeth.

Get your proof, have them put down if they are truly aggressive.

Paintball guns are perfect for strays that enter the yard. It stings, causes no permanent damage, and is pretty quiet. I don't feel bad shooting a dog with one, simply because I've been shot hundreds of times over the years, safe for me, safe for a nuisance.