PDA

View Full Version : Long over due but Hey I made it! Bring on the Education!

Srone
02-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Been lurking around the forum for quite some time, and just recently registered. I am the proud owner of a 85 Honda ATC 110! (for now, two little brothers = matching ATC 70's) Love this thing to death! I have had it since last summer and after countless laps around the backyard track, a few burn outs, 2 floods and some good times I finally decided to tear into it and take care of some things, brakes, sprockets, wheels, chain, cam upgrade, cam springs, twist throttle, and a ton of new clutch parts.

This place has helped me with ALL of my upgrades, searching and reading old posts to death but tonight i have hit a bit of a wall. I have everything pretty much back together but realized not all is well. for some reason i cant get the trike to shift past first gear???? :mad: I checked the shift drum stopper and the bolts are all tight but for some reason the "star" gets stuck when trying to go from first to second.

Trike gods any chance you could please point me in the right direction???

Thanks in advance!

tapage
03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
im not really quite sure but this site has a diagram of how it fits together and the parts and how much they are: http://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/HONDA/1981/ATC110/SHIFT-FORK-%2B-SHIFT-DRUM

tri again
03-08-2012, 04:47 AM
shifting issue is on the 70? or the 110?

Undoubtedly you have adjusted the clutch?
Someone will surely post a fix for you.
How about the hi lo shifter?
Is it fully engaged in one or the other?

Will it shift not running and rocking it back and forth?