PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x thinking of selling. whats it worth???

staino
02-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Here it is. I've done a ton of work to it. goods=new stearing stem bearings, new front and rear wheel bearings, new all balls swingarm bearing kit, new top end gasket kit, new barnett clutch kit, new valves, new motion pro twist throttle and cable, new rear tires, new carb rebuild kit, front master cylinder rebuilt, newer brake pads, new oil pump, new timing and oil pump chains, all lights work, have parts to rebuild the original parking brake(have billet block off on it rite now), have box of original parts as well, the list goes on i forget some im sure. Bads=rear plastics are trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, seat cover is trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro(seat is in restorable condition though), front fender is original and has scrathes, no cracks(also still has the brake line clip on it), headlight plastic has couple of cracks(stitched but now has headlight cage) motor has a couple helicoils put in it that push out a little oil(very little) these are on the clutch side of the motor, needs air filter, a few bolts have broken on me since this bike was in disrepair when i got it, i have the head pipe gaurd but it kept rattling of because i dont have the gasket that goes between the head pipe and tail pipe, im sure there are a few more things. Any feedback on what you guys think its worth would be great, I'm in some desperate need of some cash rite now and i may need to part with it. I do not wish to get rid of this trike, but i may not have a choice. thanks for any advice!!

staino
02-16-2012, 05:29 AM
i have replaced that front fender as i said=-)

dksix
02-16-2012, 06:40 AM
As they say "it's worth what someone is willing to pay". I've offered $750 for a 87 in somewhat similar condition recently but that engine had been rebuilt. Sounds like you gave an honest description and the things that bother me are: you put and oil pump in but no bearings, you put a top end gasket set on it up not piston or rings, the engine bolts being striped and heli-coils are not holding, what bolts are broken? People are willing to pay you top dollar are going to be planning on fixing all the problems and have to take in the cost of repairs, the people who aren't worried about these repairs are just wanting something cheap to ride and toss when it dies. Will all that said, I'd be thinking about $600. I see the occasional nice survivor come up for sale in my area and they are priced around $2000. I wouldn't want to end up with more than 60-75% of that in one that's rebuilt. So figuring on $600-$900 in making it nice with after market parts would leave about $600 to pay for the trike up front.

Dirtcrasher
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Thats a 500-700$ trike in this economy......

jon jon
03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
id give you 800 for it if it runs good

jon jon
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
pm me with the info

Amater45
03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
my area, anything 3 wheeler is rare. hell, my big red is rare up here. those go for around 1600 in good shape, yours is decent, so you might get 1200 for it, as long as it runs and drives and can be repaired fairly cheap.

longbedGTs
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I recently sold a partially restored 86 200x for $900 after listing it on eBay. I had near 2K into it...