PDA

View Full Version : in need of a 200x axle

bodydrp
03-06-2012, 01:24 AM
so yesterday i bought a 85 honda 200x and it was missing 3 of the nuts that hold one of the back tires on, so i didnt think nothing of it beside (oh easy fix) well today I put new nuts on and took it for a spin only to find out my axle was bent. I first thought it was the rim but after complete inspection and disassembling turns out it was the axle so I now have it completly removed and in need of a axle and dont know where to get one besides ebay and the ones on there look no better than the one i have already. Is there anywhere else i can find them?:TrikesOwn

JJMF1979
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
In the classifieds on here but since your a new user I doubt you have access to it yet, do you want my to make a post on there for you and send some people your way??

Tri-Z 250
03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Hold on before you throw away that axle...They can be straightened in most cases. Local machine shops or a 3WWmember, like Dirtcrasher, can do the job. Shoot pic if you can, send him a PM and see how busy he is. If the splines are good and it's just an end wobble...you could save yourself considerable cash and time off the machine.

jb2wheels
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM
The first gen X axles are notorious for this.

How bad is the bend? I say, just ride it.

I have 2 84 200x's. Both axles have a little bend. The only time I notice is on pavement. Even on hardpack, I can't tell. Not worth the $$ to replace either one plus, buying a used one, you're likely to just get another bent one.

atc300r
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
I have an extra 200x axle .I will check it tonite after work to see if it is straight .I will pm you what I find out.

200xman123
03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
ebay or the classifieds is your best bet

atc300r
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I check the axle I have it has good threads ,splines are good.I will take it to work and check it for straightness.

bodydrp
03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
cool guys i did order one from ebay for $30 he says it has no bends, splines are good, im still waiting for it to arive to look at it for myself. I figured $30 isnt much on a gamble to see if it will work good. The bend on my axle now is bad enough to make the whole tire wooble while riding it, it even looks really bad while riding. I thought about taking it to a shop but i thought it would weaken the axle after repair

bodydrp
03-10-2012, 06:04 PM
the axle i order was in good shape its installed and i already took my first ride on it. I put boss axle bearings on it and grease the hell out of it.