PDA

View Full Version : another saturday in the race shop

Jon Boy
03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
though we were going riding this past Saturday, but instead we spent the day working on my buddy's hornet racer.

my buddy Joe welding cage mounts (i stayed behind the camera where i could do the most good :lol: )

Mikey, shop owner. sneaked a shot in, he doesn't like people to see him weld :lol: pretty good welder though ;)

driverside half done, still need to finish some of the welds and braces.

Mikey's Bio-diesel set up. (foreground is Bio, background is the veggie oil)

dirtjunkie85
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I've only seen a few of those bio-diesel set ups. Seems like with this gas just rising and rising and for the good of the truck do you think they're really worth the money? Don't know a whole lot about that but looks really interesting

Jon Boy
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
i will have to ask about how much it cost him for the start up, but he says it's costing him about $0.78 per gallon on the bio and almost nothing for the veggie oil system. unless i misunderstood him the veggie just gets a stabilizer, something else (Methanol additive? i could be wrong) and filtered. bio gets a bit more done to it. i've never owned a diesel let alone one of these kits, so i'm not really sure what he has to do exactly for these systems. also he says he's never noticed any differance in performance on what fuel he runs (diesel, veggie or bio). they all feel the same to him and his fuel mileage is the same too.

dirtjunkie85
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Hmm.. That sounds like a project I'd have to get in on. Especially in my area where diesel prices are just going up and up and up! That was my main question about it though was will the mileage be the same better or what. And also if it would help performance and what not. Thanks for the info!!