PDA

View Full Version : street legal 200x?

200xman123
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
i was wondering if i could get my 200x street legal in vt because it has a high low beam head light and a break light so does that mean all i need is a speedomiter and a miror? that would be amazing to see a atc on the road . it would be cool drive on the road to a trail system and then pop off the road and onto the trail!

JJMF1979
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I would think turn signals too, I'm gonna check and see if a trike can be made street legal in ontario, canada but I have my doubts, there are kits you can buy for atvs of course to make them legal I just saw a link to one on here 5 mins ago

Jcode
03-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Check your local laws. Most states don't. Our sate, Michigan, says they can never be road legal because of the "live axle". Even though vehicles have live axles too so yea, that makes sense. But, I say check local laws, because I know there are some towns that fully allow atvs on their roads with basic lights.

Usually its
-Low/High beam
-Running tail light
-Brake light
-Turn signals
-Horn

Speedo I don't think is necessary? Never paid attention to that one. Sand rails also need Safety Glass in Michigan, aka a car windshield. Plexi glass is a no go. Also wipers and seat belt but all that is beyond atv.

I REALLY wish could road legalize ATVS. How they figure it's worse than Motorcycle is beyond me. Throw some DOT street tires and a sway bar, lower it for a bonus, and it'll out handle any car on the road.

tapage
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
it sounds like a good idea... but would it really keep up with the cars on the highways, and be able to get as far, i know a place in tenn. where theres not a gas station for 200 miles, we was scared we was guna run out of gas, thats somthing you will have to worry about, if i could road legalize my rhino i would, it does great on gravel roads when its iced over.

bigdarren
03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
we have road legal trikes in the uk, i have a 1985 BIGRED250es that i use to go to work on :)