PDA

View Full Version : Drummers!

ATC crazy
11-15-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey...any drummers out there? If there are...show yourself 8)

You know without us there would be no band at all....right? :D ;)

Well...here is my set. Its a '99 Pearl Export Series 6 peice. Its got a double-bass pedal, new Sabian and Zildjian cymbals with stands. I also have about 5 Metallica books just about mastered with most of their albums in them. Tell me what ya think ;)

krizo88
11-15-2003, 12:42 AM
I think it needs a beer holder

ATC crazy
11-15-2003, 12:38 PM
I think it needs a beer holder

:D I'm still workin on that one ;) :D

krizo88
11-15-2003, 03:37 PM
good man

Russell 350X
11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
I like it. How does it sound? A friend of mine has a Zildjian and it sounds great! He plays thrashmetal, and they write there own songs. In 2-5 years watch MTV for Post Mortum lol.They already have a CD out, and they are all 16!!!

BULLDOG
11-16-2003, 09:59 PM
im just getting to be a drummer dont have my own set yet but im saving up for it
i play my friends and cousins any chance i get got any tips atc crazy

ATC crazy
11-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Ya...Practice, practice, practice...every day. It takes years just to learn one song sometimes. I actually had drum lessons for a year and was in the school band for 5 years which helped a lot. If you cant get lessons, get one of those teach-yourself books with the CD...they work pretty good. I've been teaching myself without books, or CD's for about 3 years now....just play around and see what you can do. Dont forget the #1 rule...

HAVE FUN :-P

Kook
11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Hey Cool, ATC. I haven't played in years, but played all through jr. high, high school and the service. Played in several bands over the years, but switched to guitar because it was so much easier to carry to a gig. LOL That and the last band I was in had a drummer who was twice what I was. Played the trap most of the time and quads in marching band. That's been too many years ago to remember. Nice set of Pearls, I was especially partial to Zildjans too. Keep on drummin'!

ATC crazy
11-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Ya...the only bad thing about drums is that you need a good sized vehicle to move them around. :rolleyes:

But they are the best instrument in the band :twisted:

hondaATCman
11-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey, I have a whole band in my room!! Two electrics guitars, a bass, an acoustic guitar, all the amps for them, a microphone, and a Revere 5 pc. drum set. Problem is, no one is interested in being in a band, or all of them listen to that crap rap. I play rock/metal (at this point I would like to give a shout out to Metallica and AC/DC...rock the f*** on!!) I played for my school band for 4 years and have been playing for about 5.

cew73
11-21-2003, 04:43 PM
:D :D :D
Ive got a pearl Export select 5 pc. myself with all zilj. cym and drum triggers and a dm4 pro module ! i dont have a pic here @ work,but thanks for the thread topic :D

Levithan
11-22-2003, 05:12 AM
geez! i am hoping to get a drum set for christmas. Hey man, if i lived in w. virginia, i would be in your band in a heartbeat. heh, id wanna play drums though 8) I listen to thrash and grindcore, and a bit of swedish metal. Dunno if you guys have heard of those genres, but you should look em up! theyre pretty sweet.

ATC crazy
11-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Wow...this is a lot more people than last time I posted this. Good to hear all of ya like to play... ;)

YTZ250#1
11-23-2003, 10:49 AM
I played back in high school but gave it up.My younger brother plays now and he is pretty good at it.

MountainRider
11-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Old school drummer here, lol. My son's an awesome drummer too. He's mostly into death metal type stuff, but does some punk stuff once in a while. He can play about any genre, but those are the ones he likes best. One of his favorite groups right now is Canibal Corpse. Past kits include Ludwig, Tama, Ludwig knock off, Premier. Current kit is a Yamaha Stage Custom, double kick pedal, Zildjian Z Custom/A Custom/A Custom Projection cymbals. I have some pics of the kit around here somewhere. When I find them I'll post them. I think I even have a few .avi video's of the kid playing too.

If any of you are interested, we're selling off the Zildjians pretty reasonable. G-dogg wants to move to Sabians.

I know this part should be in another forum, but here goes anyway, lol
22" Z Custom ride (sold)
14" Z Custom bottom hat/A custom Projection top hat combo $175 (might throw in Z custom top hat with small crack, but still sounds good)
16" Z Custom crash $90
18" A custom crash $110
All are the bright finish type.

All prices are non-negotiable and do not include shipping. Shipping cost will range from approximately $20-$30. Cymbals are heavy, and insurance/tracking is mandatory.

MountainRider
11-23-2003, 01:28 PM
He Crazy, what's your favorite drum head? Evans EQ2 or EQ3 for the kick, Evans G2 (non coated) batter/G1 batter on the resonance side, or a similar Aquarius set up are my favorites, except for the snare. For that I prefer the Remo Kevlar batter head with a 1 ply batter head on the resonance side.

Darrell

ATC crazy
11-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Good to hear Mtn... 8)

If I remember right (without lookin) I have the EQ3 on my set and it sounds awesome. I've never tried the G1 or G2 so I couldn't tell ya. I have Evans head on my snare, but I have no idea what model....it was all the store had in stock at the time :rolleyes: