PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z 250 Big Problem?!!? Help Please

Grahm
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I was riding fine for about 20 minutes yesterday,was going maybe 15mph when all the sudden my tri-z just shutoff and I slide a few feet cause it was in gear.I tried to kick it but no go,it was locked up.I didn't force it so I don't mess anything else up.Plenty of coolant and 32:1 mix. but I know that isnt the problem anyways cause I took the cylinder head off and the piston was fine and I slide the cylinder off easily by hand.

The inner part of the clutch hub spins freely and the sprocket spins fine when I do it but the flywheel,outer clutch hub, and crank will not move at all!Crank looks ok,flywheel bolt and clutch bolt is tight.I can shift from neutral to other gears.What could it be?Just doesn't make sense...Why would me spinning the inner clutch hub make the sprocket spin but not the crank?

Grahm
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Since the inner clutch hub spins and spins the sprocket doesn't that mean its one of the gears behind the clutch hub is jammed or broke so its not letting the crank/outer hub move?..I will post a video in a few minutes

I did not find any metal shavings or anything like that either

TimSr
03-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Might not be as big a problem as you think. Same thing happned to me once, and I thought "Oh crap, this is gonna be expensive!". Turned out the pickup coil came loose and was wedged in the flywheel. Take the flywheel off and have a look. Cost me about $25 at the time.

Bryan Raffa
03-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Sound like your on the right track. There's only one gear that drives the crank.

Grahm
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I just took this video a little bit ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHy4Lf1FoQI&context=C470889aADvjVQa1PpcFNfMxR1HpRfvjsyiZJF7h5f Uwh6hDv3Jdk=

If it is the stator/flyheel problem why is it my inner hub will spin my sprocket in gear but not move the crank any?That would mean its the gear behind the clutch broke jammed, correct?

Or does that not matter?Im fairly new to this stuff.

Grahm
03-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Ok so I used a ratchet and socket and it turned when I used that on the flywheel bolt.Moved the crank and everything.
I did that a few times and now I can turn it by hand and feels fine but I get halfway through 1 turn and there's a ''rough spot''
where it its harder to turn but still able to do it by hand.Does this mean its the bearings?And would this cause it to seize up in the first place?