PDA

View Full Version : RANT: neighborhood thief at it again

Jon Boy
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
well, as some of you may know the neighbor across the street from me stole my 3 wheeler last year. well, i got curious and for the heck of it i checked his court records awhile ago and low and behold he's been caught stealing again. :rolleyes:
he was already under probation when he was caught with my 3 wheeler (Case:2011CF48) and only got about $2000 fine/court cost/restitution and 10 days in jail for driving with a revoked license and 4 years probation. says he had 170days jail time stayed, but i've never seen him gone long enough to have served that. :crazy:
now he's been caught again while still under probation from the previous two offenses. he's getting the same judge again also. just gonna wait and see what happens, if he gets away with just another slap on the wrist again i'm going to be very dissapointed. not sure who he stole from this time or what it was he had stolen, but this crap is getting ridiculous IMO. the other neighbors are finally starting to get just as sick of it as me too. :mad:

his court record
http://judici.com/courts/cases/case_search.jsp?court=IL093015J&litigant_name=PERRY, RICHARD H III*

whitetail hunter
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
there is alot of that going on these days. my neighbor got his 700ex stolen last week. got it back 2 days ago, and gonna cost 700 at honda to fix wiring they cut up trying to start it.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I hear ya Jon Boy. VERY disappointing to say the least, when the justice system keeps turning creeps back loose to do it all over again. I loath a thief!

I assume since you know he was the one who stole your trike that you got it back? I hope is wasn't too mangled.

Dirtcrasher
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Guys, it's anything not nailed or chained down.

People are in survivor mode................

Jon Boy
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
yeah, i got it back. few things wrong with it, but except for the key ignition being hacked out you probibly wouldn't notice anything or that he had rolled it.

damn straight DC, but this guy (along with his family) live off the state basicly. food stamps, medical, disablity (for his bad liver, another story on that though), etc.. not to mention his grand dad has money (bought his $40k house for them, it's worth atleast twice that) so the guy really has no excuse to be out stealing for money to support his wife and 8 kids (there's more kids actually, but they don't live there). all he has to do is just ask grand dad for it and he'd buy it. he even brags about it too. :crazy:

tri again
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
The latest here is to bypass locking gas caps and just
cut fuel lines under vehicles resulting in absurd repair costs.

I'm tempted to just leave a gas can 1/2 full in my truck for them.

So sad that it takes a full days pay to gas up in the first place.

It's also not uncommon for some locals to steal a pack of gum just so they can get
arrested and 3 hots and a cot.

mohadib
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM
wow what a piece of work. The state doesnt just turn people loose. They give you a little rope and let you hang yourself. Just like this guy is doing. The cost and burden to the state/county for prisoners is overwhelming, so they try to really only keep violent people in. This guy will for sure find his way to the pen. It just sucks that his victim count till go up until then.

I was a total tool when I was 18 and I broke into a car with some buddies once. I got years of probation and had a ton of fines to pay. I paid my dues and learned my lesson. Keeping me in jail with "real" criminals would not have helped anyone.

Scootertrash
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
People are in survivor mode................

If they are in survival mode right now, they are gonna be in big trouble if (when) things get worse.

Had a neighbor across the street get a bunch of stuff stolen out of his pole barn a couple weeks ago. Cordless tools, other tools etc. I have motion lights on the garage over the driveway, and I'll be adding motion detectors for the back yard lights too. I will also be adding a wireless driveway alarm and in a month or 2, video cameras over looking the driveway and where we store our toys.

We live in the sticks, everyone has 5+ acres or more and if we aren't spread out there are wooded areas between the houses blocking the view.

The only reason I put the lights up is so if I was to interrupt a thief and he took off running, I'd hate to see him trip and fall *cough cough*three or four times on his way out the driveway. That would be most unfortunate.

badass350x
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Need too be a Clint Eastwood like In Grand Torino These days LOL!!

wisconsinite
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
The latest here is to bypass locking gas caps and just
cut fuel lines under vehicles resulting in absurd repair costs.

I'm tempted to just leave a gas can 1/2 full in my truck for them.

So sad that it takes a full days pay to gas up in the first place.

If you're gonna leave em a can of gas, make sure to sweeten it up wth a bit of sugar :)

It's also not uncommon for some locals to steal a pack of gum just so they can get
arrested and 3 hots and a cot.

If you're gonna leave em a can of gas, at least put some sugar in it :)

yamaha driver
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Or a bottle of coke.

Jon Boy
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
The only reason I put the lights up is so if I was to interrupt a thief and he took off running, I'd hate to see him trip and fall *cough cough*three or four times on his way out the driveway. That would be most unfortunate.
yeah don't want them to hurt themselves now do we? :lol:

ever since he got me i put up motion lights so that the sensors overlap eachother and a game cam that will start up before the lights will kick on. that way as soon as the lights kick on i've got a view of their face, well unless they're wearing a mask of course. i'm thinking of doing something another member had mentioned before in my other thread, which is hooking up a radio with the volume turned up connected to a motion light. if the light comes on so will the radio.

the way i have my set-up there's no way to get to my stuff without setting off the cam and lights. :D

sugar or coke? IMO why waste more money, besides it goes bad fairly quickly nowadays. also if you were to forget or need it for something you wouldn't risk hurting your own stuff.

Scootertrash
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
You guys know that sugar does not dissolve in gas right?

I've heard that baby monitors work well for keeping tabs on areas at a distance. Never tried it but it sounds like a good idea. Ummmmmm.... no pun intended.

Jon Boy
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM
never really thought about that, so what are you saying? filter it out if you need to use the gas?

Howdy
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
When i was growing up our neighbor kept stealing any gas we had in our gas cans. One time we took him with us when we went to town to get gas ( baiting the hook ). After we dropped him off we went home and put most of the gas into a old truck we had just sitting ( had a way to get it out quickly ). We left about 1/2 -1 gal gas in each can ( 3 cans ). We then added water to the gas cans to about where they were originally. next morning dad come in the house laughing his arse off. The cans were there, but they were empty. The punk emptied all 3 cans into his nice car. He got about a mile down the road before the water got all the way into the engine. he ended up having to pay a wrecker to tow the car to the garage. At the garage they had a lot of work to remove all the water from the fuel system. They dropped the tank, replaced the fuel lines, fuel pump, cleaned the carb, ect. he called the cops saying someone did this to his car. How ever dad had talked to the cops days before this happened. heck they gave him the idea of putting water into the cans. We told other neighbors afterwards we had put water in the cans. He heard about it and tried to come after us for his car repairs ( Over $700 ). Dad told him right in front of the cops that he would gladly pay for the repairs "IF" he admitted to stealing all our gas ( no other way it would have gotten into his tank ). He wouldn't do it. He got caught red handed a few months later at another place and got some time with Bubba. lol

FYI, Gas is lighter than water so it stays at the top. So it appears / smells like gas is in the can, but once you tip the can up the water normally comes out first ( depending on how high up they tip the can and how much water you have in it ). So the damage gets done quickly. hehe
Howdy

Scootertrash
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
never really thought about that, so what are you saying? filter it out if you need to use the gas?

Don't waste your time trying to sabotage gas with sugar.

Howdy has the right idea, I was going to post the same thing, but a friend showed up.

Jon Boy
03-14-2012, 12:07 AM
damn howdy, now that's an awesome idea. :lol: :beer

the baby monitor thing crossed my mind before, but thought of adding a automaic sound recorder of some sort. a friend had a micro tape recorder once that you could set it for automatic. turn it on and hit record, then it would shut off and come back on recording if someone started talking or enough noise was made.

mohadib
03-14-2012, 12:28 AM
You could also invest in a lock...

Jon Boy
03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
i had one before and have a newer better one now. if someone wants it bad enough though a lock isn't going to stop them, but lights will help deter them and a cam will most likely get them caught and/or convicted.

coolpool
03-14-2012, 09:56 AM
I have heard of people putting up fake security system signs and stickers on their windows, I think you can buy them on eBay. Most petty thieves only need one level of protection to deter them. Or you could get a killer man dog like I have, lol.

mohadib
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Some other options :D http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
i almost wish i worked in a office just so i could buy the annoy a tron and see what it does to people. lol