PDA

View Full Version : Goggles?

BiGDawG
03-16-2012, 12:02 AM
looking for a new pair as mine are pretty messed up scratched and cracked lol, don't really want to pay over $20-30. also would like them to be anti fog if possible any suggestions on where to get them and what brand will last.

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I hate to be in your shoes, but I am. I need a full face helmet for winter rides and a set with tear offs or spare lenses for our dusty spring.

I came very close to hitting trees/rocks the last time I rode. Ya can't ride fast if you can't see!! I've had my goggles for 10 years so time for me to pony up the cash. I need a helmet. goggles and new boots too!

I wanna see what tear offs they have and the cost.....

Xpress
03-16-2012, 01:09 AM
There's a couple of local dealers that sell their cheap brand of goggles for $10 a pair. They usually last a season before they're done for.

BiGDawG
03-16-2012, 01:20 AM
yea i could use some boots and a shirt as we play in the mud a lot and its not fun washing your truck after u get home, usually take a change of cloths but legs and arms still get the inside dirty, and yea i was at my local shop today to get oil ended up paying $10.55 for some half synthetic and the cheapest goggles they had was $15 and looked like kids goggles as they where half the size of the 1s i got now, i can get some thor enemy goggles for $25 shipped on amazon, hmm the full face helmet work better in the winter then open face with goggles? i know in the winter time i can never see with goggles on so end up riding w/o

BiGDawG
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Well i found some Scott Recoil goggles at a local shop i forgot we had lol he gave em to me for $20 as they where the display but still brand new with tags there tear off compatible and have replaceable lens's i'll probably try and find a bulk set of lens's, don't mind my desk i got some wire management issues going on, i'd rather get some green 1's but red matched the 200x and my helmet
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/MARK2153/th_DSC01994.jpg (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/MARK2153/?action=view&current=DSC01994.jpg)

RIDE-RED 250r
03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
2 years ago I bought a set of Oakley Proven goggles on clearance from Rocky Mountain ATV. Paid right around $30. They work great and with a little common sense when cleaning the lens is still in very good condition after 2 seasons of riding in usually dusty conditions. First pair of goggles I have owned and am very pleased so far.

300rman
03-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I bought a 50 dollar pair of Oakleys 3 years ago, and they are still in awesome shape. Best part is, I can get replacement lenses for them for 5 bucks.

BiGDawG
03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
whats the best way to wash them? i'm sure doing what i did with my first pair didn't help lol i just wiped the mud off with my gloves as i was riding, i'm guessing just run water on them..

RIDE-RED 250r
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I carry the soft bag that came with the goggles in my backpack and it works well for wiping dust off. If they get muddy, water is best. After a ride, a good once over with the air hose cleans them up well and gets the dust out of the ventilation slots where there is spongy material.

Dirtcrasher
03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
whats the best way to wash them? i'm sure doing what i did with my first pair didn't help lol i just wiped the mud off with my gloves as i was riding, i'm guessing just run water on them..

Helll, I do the same thing and there ruined in a couple muddy rides.

RMAN - where did you get your Oakleys? I think I'd prefer a new lens versus tear offs but I have never tried tear offs.......

300rman
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Either Ebay or RockyMountainatv.

Ive never used tear offs. If I raced, I would, but I ride for fun mostly. The actual lens is replaceable on mine, and tear offs are available.

I wash mine after a day of riding by taking them into the shower. run the water on them and very gently agitate the dirt with your fingers so it washes away. wiping them off in the woods is a no-no!

Helll, I do the same thing and there ruined in a couple muddy rides.

RMAN - where did you get your Oakleys? I think I'd prefer a new lens versus tear offs but I have never tried tear offs.......

dirtjunkie85
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah on Rocky Mountain ATV's website they have a pair of thor enemy goggles for a pretty awesome price that im seriously thinking about getting. They have a ton of colors to choose from and they also have a ton of replacement lenses. Very cheap I think they were something around $24 and it says anti-fog in the description. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/45/67/162/717/Goggles Found them at this link