PDA

View Full Version : got busted by the cops on my Kawasaki KLT 160

boostroost69
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM
a few of you probably seen this trike already. my account got lost in the site crash so im posting again.

got this trike from a neighbor, saw it sitting in his yard for 10+ years so asked if he would sell. got it for $80.

all ive done:
*OIL CHANGE! there was 1/2 quart of crap in there.
*spark plug
*carb had an ear plug and rubber melted into the non existent choke slide hole. new carb and cable $50
*UNI air filter, there was nothing on there at all!!
*i patched up the holes in the exhaust and painted black with grill paint(yes like BBQ grill).
*the shifter splines are stripped. P.O. drilled through the shaft and put in industrial sized staples. i improvised that a little.
*adjusted the valves
*cleaned out the leaky fuel shut off valve and it stopped leaking....
*cleaned the gas tank with electrolysis
*new pull start rope
*new spark plug wire

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/bluethunder3320/IMG_1039.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/bluethunder3320/IMG_1040.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/bluethunder3320/IMG_1042.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/bluethunder3320/IMG_1041.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZkuPPlybjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JetoE9Johkg

Jon Boy
03-16-2012, 09:01 PM
:lol: i just don't know what to say, but LMFAO!!! :lol:

250Eddie
03-16-2012, 09:12 PM
LOL thats awesome, he gives u a bitching instead of a ticket from the video :P the bad thing is that cop knows your mom so your screwed :D, I hardly ride around my neighborhood anymore due to the new tires but when i did, i knew small areas that a bike can fit thru and cars couldnt lol.

Matt85'350x
03-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Hmm.. here I was thinking my trikes were perfectly legal. What do ya know? Lol.

TrikeGasm
03-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Nice buy. I think I would've done the same thing in that situation. :D Does he really think his little talk is going to keep you from riding it?

boostroost69
03-17-2012, 12:27 AM
the area i live in really doesnt support riding any kind of dirt bike or quad of any sort. there isnt much open land.

tomorrow may be going to some tobacco fields to ride.

and yeah, the part that sucks is he took my moms name, number, and liscence plate number.... so next time there is a report of a red three wheeler guess where the cops are going to first

riverrat
03-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Paint it black :D

From the looks of the video it pulls to the left. Add some air to the left tire, and she will straighten out.

Stupid cop was brainwashed from all that 80's 3 wheeler ban crap.

dcreel
03-17-2012, 12:53 AM
I hate hearing people in power talk out of their @$$... You should have schooled him... lol

Swinger
03-17-2012, 04:40 AM
I think its funny how he says they are the most dangerous and flip over backwards. I guess quads and bikes dont do that:wondering

CRAZY70MAN
03-17-2012, 05:47 AM
he obviously was brainwashed from the 80's 60 minutes video as well. Glad he rides squares and not 3 wheelers. LMFAO!!!! Invite him to trikefest....lol.........

bkm
03-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Total Doucher. Reminds me of a few of the tools I work with.

Honda200sRider
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Lol!!! this is funny! I just ride in my yard, i also live by 3 other cops in my subdivision so i cant go to fast.

ebaccm26
03-17-2012, 10:16 AM
How did he know where you live? Looked like you got away clean

swampthang
03-17-2012, 11:40 AM
This is prolly the funniest video I've seen in a long time. It has it all 3wheelers,kids playing in the road yellin,smart ass cop,worried mother. Just awesome. Best quote of 2012 "They have balloon tires and will flip over backwards"

TimSr
03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
He was surely ignorant of the facts, but my guess he was playing that tune for the benefit of your mother who he was probably asking to keep YOUY off the streets and for whatever other reasons he tracked you down. You obviously spend a good deal of time riding around illegally on the roads for which he could have cited you and impounded the bike. You should be grateful for the warning even though its filled with an ignorant rant. Its not clear if road riding was the only beef he had. Did you have permission to be riding on the property you were on? What was the reason for which he stopped you? I doubt it was only to tell you trikes are "banned and dangerous". What other laws besides riding on teh road did you break? What you have done now is made things a lot more difficult for those in your neighborhood who ride legally.

gus
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
did he say you where riding with no helment?? thats a load of crap lol but that was funny when he said those big tires will cause you to flip backwards.i always say it depends on the rider. gosh i hate cops in my arear complete A holes thats why when i see flashing lights i dont stop

HuffieVA
03-17-2012, 04:19 PM
did he say you where riding with no helment?? thats a load of crap lol but that was funny when he said those big tires will cause you to flip backwards.i always say it depends on the rider. gosh i hate cops in my arear complete A holes thats why when i see flashing lights i dont stop

He said... "You had a helmet on, I'll give you that..." either that or he had his GoPro Velcroed to his head and was wearing a plastic tennis vizor...

JasonB
03-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Got to watch , you are lucky he didn't try to take your bike. My neighbors dont complain but they haven't heard my new pipe yet either :D be careful man!

yooperman
03-17-2012, 05:41 PM
bad boys bad boys whatchya gonna do when they come for you.

just ben
03-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Got to watch , you are lucky he didn't try to take your bike. My neighbors dont complain but they haven't heard my new pipe yet either :D be careful man!He would of had to get him on the road to take his trike. he was just trying to put a scare into him by showing up at his house. I do have to say if you are going to ride through a neighborhood like that go slow!!! You can't even say you have no place to ride, I think you showed us on the logging roads that you do have a place to ride besides the main roads.Not to preach but you give all the riders in your area a bad name by going is fast as you can through a residential area.(top speed video) i'm sure all it took for that cop to find you is to just ask one person in your hood where the threewheeler lives. probably one of those kids you almost ran over.

jon jon
03-17-2012, 10:28 PM
i give u point for wearing trailprotrailpro helment lol this is so funny lol i just posted it on my fb lol

boostroost69
03-18-2012, 12:33 AM
well i got the trike about 3 weeks ago, in that time it was taken on maybe 3 trips to the dirt road. the second link, "top speed" i sorta regret doing that, just so that i dont have anything to worry about, but do any of you guys ever get the feeling when you get a new bike and youve worked on it a lot, but never got a chance to go somewhere and open it up? i was getting some fun in and taking a video to share while i was at it, lol. when i ran into the cop that was my 3rd time down, i always push it into the construction site, start it up, and idle through it until i get to the road, cross the road, and go down that dirt road to ride. but it was very bad timing that i got to the road the second the cop was passing by.

someone i know brought up something i thought about.... maybe it was an act of god that i ran into the cop, who knows maybe i was going to die that day on the dirt road! haha.

today was a LONG day of riding, i sold the trike to a friend.... because we split it before that, but it wasnt working because who gets to keep it at their house? who pays for it when it breaks? and the decisions of what parts to get for it and stuff we might not be able to agree on.

and later that day, the friend was going down a ridiculously steep hill and he rolled it pretty bad.

and like 10 minutes later someone else was riding it and he almost flipped it.....

*******Do not post pics or vids of riders not wearing helmets.******

Angore
03-18-2012, 06:06 AM
[QUOTE=boostroost69;1105633]

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/bluethunder3320/IMG_1041.jpg

Your brake-side tire is on backwards :wondering

HuffieVA
03-18-2012, 10:04 AM
well i got the trike about 3 weeks ago, in that time it was taken on maybe 3 trips to the dirt road. the second link, "top speed" i sorta regret doing that, just so that i dont have anything to worry about, but do any of you guys ever get the feeling when you get a new bike and youve worked on it a lot, but never got a chance to go somewhere and open it up?....

You have to harness that instinct to run... It will only get you into more trouble. It looked to me like you were not on the road when the cop saw you in the first place so unless you were trespassing, aside from him being totally misinformed about trikes you should have gotten little more than a lecture, the second you ran was when the real trouble could have started for you. In the 80's you ran and if you made it out of sight you were for all intensive purposes home free, these days there is no getting away, and your best bet is to just stop and own up to what you did, and he would likely lecture you a bit and tell you to get your ass home... a long boring lecture beats court, fines and impound fees any day if you ask me...

sunnyday
03-18-2012, 12:12 PM
This is prolly the funniest video I've seen in a long time. It has it all 3wheelers,kids playing in the road yellin,smart ass cop,worried mother. Just awesome. Best quote of 2012 "They have balloon tires and will flip over backwards"

Yes..because we all know it is funny to break the law with these atv"s..ride illegally on the street , and run from the cops...

No doubt about it buddy...such actions really help this sport/hobby..

and you insinuated I was " stubborn" on another thread ?

I wonder what word you would use to describe your mindset on this thread that " this video is funny' ?

Having riders ride on the road and run from cops is not funny at all IMHO...and it only hurts the overall opinion of the hobby/sport. IMHO.

sunnyday
03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
There is a certain irony, that this forum has rules that no one can post a video/photo of a person riding without a helmut, but evidently its fine to post videos of people riding these vehicles, breaking the law, and running from the cops.

priorities ?

sunnyday
03-18-2012, 01:22 PM
WHO CARES ? Do you think they got cop shocks .....cop tires ......cop motors ? Is that why we shouldn`t run for our lives ? It doesn`t matter what IDIOTS think of this sport.......Do you think they like harley davidsons ? Go wer your seatbelt !!!!!:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:p:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

So then you obviously condone posters to continue to post videos of themself on this forum, breaking the law, riding on the streets illegally, and running from cops ?

Yeah...thats gonna really improve the situation for this hobby.

ROFL.

sunnyday
03-18-2012, 01:23 PM
WHO CARES ? Do you think they got cop shocks .....cop tires ......cop motors ? Is that why we shouldn`t run for our lives ? It doesn`t matter what IDIOTS think of this sport.......Do you think they like harley davidsons ? Go wer your seatbelt !!!!!:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:p:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Im trying ot understand what harley davidsons have to do with a person riding a atv, illegally on the street, running from cops.

Maybe you coulds educate me on that one ?

Im all ears.

briano
03-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Where I live you're allowed on some of the streets. And sunnyday, how bout a whaaaa burger and some French crys.

sunnyday
03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Where I live you're allowed on some of the streets..

Then in that case, you wouldnt be breaking the law and there wouldnt be a need to run from cops.

Now tell us again how your situation applys to the video in this thread ?

LOL.

briano
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Well you have been crying about how riding in the streets is illegal, where I live it's not. I drive my Grizzly and my 70 s to work quite often with no problems.

Mr. Clean
03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
No worries sunnyday, when a moderator stumbles acrorss this thread everything in the world be will be made right. I do not condone running from the cops or posting rides pics/vidoes without helmets...and I am NOT a moderator.

Consider who you are dealing with here...afterall the cop says he "told his Mom". :D

TimSr
03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I hope the mods leave it up because I just emailed a link to Simsbury, CT Police Dept.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Too many threads on here lately that should be locked down.... Nincomp00pery at it's finest..

What's the deal?