PDA

View Full Version : Wow check this oil leak....

badbronco
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
So I picked up a few basket case 110's and got one together and looks nice. It started right up but I noticed an exhaust leak. Then about 20 seconds later oil started laeaking out of one of the exhaust bolts? I noticed when putting this together someone had drilled and tapped bigger and cleaner header bolt holes. So it looks like they went to far one way or another. My question to you guys is there any way to fix this? I do have two other 110 motors that have spark should I spend all the time and work replacing the motor or fixing the one I have. Is it difficult changing out the head/cylinder? Would I have to mess with timing and are there any special tools needed. Can I like someone suggested fill the hole 1/2 way with JB weld then put the bolt in while the JB weld is wet?

hoosierlogger
03-18-2012, 06:43 AM
You can change the 110 head with the motor still in the frame. You have to take the front fender off though. I personally doubt the JB weld will work, but I have seen some amazing things done with it. Tulsamike is parting out some 110's send him a pm, he might make you a deal on a good head.

2+1=fun
03-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Some people don't like it but I am a huge fan of jb weld. It works really good on metal you can't take the welder to. I've used it for a lot of things including fixing the radiator in a truck I used to have. The jb weld never failed. If you do use it make sure you clean the are off really good and go over it with some coarse sand paper and use mineral spirits to clean it not alcohol.

coolpool
03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I read that someone fix a drilled out exhaust stud on a 350x by taking a piece of round aluminum stock the right diameter, threading it the same as the hole you are dealing with now, covering it with "loctite" and screwing it in. Once it set up, they cut it off flush then drilled and tapped a new hole.

Angore
03-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I read that someone fix a drilled out exhaust stud on a 350x by taking a piece of round aluminum stock the right diameter, threading it the same as the hole you are dealing with now, covering it with "loctite" and screwing it in. Once it set up, they cut it off flush then drilled and tapped a new hole.

Found it > http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/141974-HOW-TO-Poor-boy-s-oh-i-fudged-up-that-exhaust-header-bolt.?highlight=exhaust+stud