PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z Suspension

Cyclemedic
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi,
I am new here and have some questions about a 1986 Tri-z 250. I run a small repair shop out of my house part time. I do mostly motorcross bikes and mx suspension for Pro-Action and Race Tech. I recently came into a 86' Tri-z that I am going to restore. I have read alot of forums on this bike and have not heard if it is possible to rebuilt the rear shock. I am aware of the Warrior rear shock is rebuildable and a good options to replace it with. I will probly go forward with the shock rebuild on the Tri-z shock no matter what, just for the challenge. Does anyone out there in 3 wheeler land have any experience with rebuilding a Tri-z Shock? Also check out my website www.thecyclemedic.com. and also I will be posting picks of the Tri-z project on my facebook page for The Cyclemedic. Thanks guys.

shawnroy1971
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the site.Try this,hope this help's.

Cyclemedic
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I read that fankenshock article. Thats probly what I will end up doing in the long rung. Just wondered if anyone has attempted to rebuild the stock shock. I havent even looked at it that closley yet.

Mosh
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes a few members on here rebuild them as long as the shafts are good, even using the stock components.
MTS did his, and SBLT500R offers a rebuild service on them too.

Cyclemedic
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info Mosh! I rebuild suspension for mx bikes and I am going to attempt it myself. I will keep you guys updated.