PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Big Red

NDS Custom
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Picked up a 1984 Honda Big Red 200es last Tuesday, I paid too much, but I wanted one and they are hard to come by on the Island, she had a cracked right fender, no rear brakes and a broom handle for a pull cord handle, head light was held in with bailing wire, between the engine and the rear end there was barley a qt of oil between both, but she fires right up, one pull, starter works and she lights right off, runs like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro, I got her home, ordered a decent fender off ebay, a complete rear brake drum off craigslist, drained and replaced all the fluids, fixed the head light, got the fender on yesterday, gonna do the rear brakes Saturday morning and go for a long blast, she aint nothin spectacular, but she makes me feel like a kid again:D143216

tri again
03-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Nice.
I can't live without at least one of those.

Congrats

bigred22
03-31-2012, 05:39 AM
Picked up a 1984 Honda Big Red 200es last Tuesday, I paid too much, but I wanted one and they are hard to come by on the Island, she had a cracked right fender, no rear brakes and a broom handle for a pull cord handle, head light was held in with bailing wire, between the engine and the rear end there was barley a qt of oil between both, but she fires right up, one pull, starter works and she lights right off, runs like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro, I got her home, ordered a decent fender off ebay, a complete rear brake drum off craigslist, drained and replaced all the fluids, fixed the head light, got the fender on yesterday, gonna do the rear brakes Saturday morning and go for a long blast, she aint nothin spectacular, but she makes me feel like a kid again:D143216love mine, i can do just as much, if not more with it, as i can with my fourtrax 250, much easyer to get through the woods with only three wheels, is also much better on fuel than the fourtrax, enjoy!:beer