PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Tri Moto 125 Appraisal and Opinions?

oldiron1
03-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a local guy wanting to sell or trade me his Yamaha Tri-Moto 125 which I don't know much about. From the picture that he sent me, the trike looks like new, with front and rear racks.

I read these are small 2-stroke engines....how reliable are they?

What's a ball park value? How common are they? Do they have the same desirability as the small Honda's?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

ezmoney1979
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I got one for free and their value isnt much more than that. I think the 90/110/185/200 ATCs are more popular. I would say $4-500 tops unless it truely is "mint". It seems like over half of them that people post here are in desperate need of crank seals (including mine), but that is expected of a 30 year old motor. There were transmission changes made to them also but I dont know the details. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will chime in.

Tri-moto man
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
i have owned two for over 15yrs and its been a very good machine, never needed anything and its fast for a 125. i can stomp all over 185 and 200 hondas because it is a 2 stroke, not near as popular as a honda so you dont see many around. i on the other hand are a fan of these trikes. i am in the process of modding mine....175 topend, porting, shaving the head and boyesen reeds. i have other plans if i can find a aftermarket pipe. value? that depends how nice they are and the year, i wouldnt pay much for a 80-81 because they are different then the 82-85. great shape...maybe 400 or 500$. be aware they have no bottom end power so if you want one to do work with, find a 4 stroke.

2+1=fun
03-25-2012, 01:23 AM
I have an 82 and an 83 tri moto 125. They don't have the racks. They are good wheelie machines though. I paid $150 for the 83 and $300 for the 82 which only has one crack in the seat and needs a new bulb for the headlight. There is no cracks in the plastic and it was rebuilt around 6 months ago. All I did to it so far was swap the pull start from the 83 on it because I didn't like the feel of it. I clocked the 82 in at 42 mph (more than I thought it would dish out). Maybe I Can get a little more out of it with some adjusting.