PDA

View Full Version : New member,getting back to into the sickness...

CTPATRIOT
03-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Hello to all,been riding off road machines for over 30 years but haven't had any in the last few.After seeing a few friends getting back into ATC's i just had to get one myself!While out for a ride in the country last week i spotted a lonely old Honda in a guys back yard.After pulling in and having a nice conversation a deal was struck.A pretty clean "83 185,left to rust in peace....The machine was stored inside and taken care of for many years until a few years ago when his grandkids wanted to play with it.For a $100-dollar bill i could not pass it up.She needs plastic,and a few odds/ends but the paint on the frame still looks nice and should clean up well.Off now to go pick her up,pics will be up today.

ATCcountryboy
03-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the forum!:)

CTPATRIOT
03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks,we just got back a little while ago.Can't wait to start fixing her up,and find more!

tri again
03-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Everyone says we should take pix exactly as we find them.
I just got a 85 that had ferns and moss growing all over it but I stopped at the carwash and blasted off the big chunks..

I should've clearcoated the overgrowth and left it that way.

Anyway, be careful.

They tend to multiply.

CTPATRIOT
03-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Everyone says we should take pix exactly as we find them.
I just got a 85 that had ferns and moss growing all over it but I stopped at the carwash and blasted off the big chunks..

I should've clearcoated the overgrowth and left it that way.

Anyway, be careful.

They tend to multiply.
This machine was on a guys treeline with weeds as tall as the ATC.I called him back to let him know not to move it,he had already towed it too his house...(was pissed!)I did get a pic on the trailer at least,i just got done pulling off the junk plastic and giving it a good look over.We put a splash of fuel in,fired right up after a few tugs of the rope.It stalled then the old rope gave way...:cry:.
ETA-Here's a few pics,from right after we loaded up to what's left to work with.Besides the tires being dry rotted all other rubber,wiring,mud flaps ect..are in good shape.I don't believe it has many hours as there isn't much wear and everything is very tight,just neglected as it sat outside the last several years.Ended up getting it for $75-.

MonroeMike
03-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome to 3ww.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?126290-ATC185-200-Service-Data

CTPATRIOT
03-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the service link!