PDA

View Full Version : starter recoil assembly needed!

MCG89
03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
i have a honda 185 i purchased and i need a starter recoil/ pull rope starter. it didnt come with one. im looking for one already assembled to where all i have to do is bolt it on and go. PM me or reply on here. idk where else to post this, sorry :cry:

vonlindheim
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
if no reply,try ebay. you can still ride it around without one. just cover the side up with something to keep dirt out and push start it :)

remsandpets
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Ive seen them on ebay for around $125 or so. Post your need on the 3wheelerworld face book page as well. Ive had good results asking for parts help. A buch of really good guys here. Better than looking on ebay where someone is making a living.

captainweezy
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I have a couple right now ready to go. I will pm you.

sibson74
04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
what me and my brothers have always done to start bikes without the recoil starter is to start it with a piece of rope wrapped around the pulley where the starter usually goes. it can get alittle frustrating but it works in a pinch and its easier on the bike then bump starting it :)

vonlindheim
04-12-2012, 06:17 PM
remsandpets had a great comment. try someone from this site. recoils are getting more rare, but someone may be able to get you one or at least some parts :)