PDA

View Full Version : Big red 250ES

Quebec819
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey guys, im not sure if im posting at the right place , but ill give a try, I am a new owner of a 250es but it look pretty bad, all of my fender were broken, got a new one for the front but I am still looking for some rear fenders, im about to just buy them on ebay for a ridiculous price, let me know if you have any suggestions for those.

im having the hardest time to find the left side panel, so if you guys have any idea or got one for sell , i would gladly buy it.
you can reach me on my email n_smitth@hotmail.com

thx in advance, great website btw.

tri again
03-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi and welcome.

Have you ridden it yet?
I'd make sure all the important stuff is good.
Gear oil in the rear axle, shifts perfectly and sounds like music when it idles.

Everything else is an easy fix.
Then I look for extras like fenders and lights etc.

Almost bought fenders for GF's es, a couple hundred bucks and
'happened' to find a whole parts trike for 100 in the meantime.

I often wondered if side covers could be copied somehow.

I take them off and put them away so they don't blow off the machines when we haul them off to the beach so I do have a few, but that's because I hide them.

Maybe someone knows how to duplicate plastic parts.
Fiberglass?
I have a body shop friend I should ask.
He can tap out a sheet of metal into almost any shape.

NDS Custom
03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Ebay is your best bet homie, I got a right rear fender for $75 with the shipping, ebay it up man.

Quebec819
03-27-2012, 08:31 AM
i did 3 ride with it, on the second run i had a transmission problem, couldn't shift anymore, got that fixed, third run my shifter fell, the new shifter is probly in the mail right now, everything else seem to be ok, i thought to creat my own panel but id really like to have an original piece, only found one on ebay and its not in good shape, but ill keep looking.

Quebec819
03-27-2012, 08:45 AM
wow i just found all the pieces i need, the only problem , i would need to drive 9 hour to get them haha