PDA

View Full Version : How about a Review Forum?

Matrix
03-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Some things I say in this article may sound derogatory to 3wheelerworld.com . NONE of this is meant in any derogatory way what-so-ever. I love this website and would be lost without it.

What if we had a forum on here that we all posted reviews of what we purchased so that when people go to purchase something, they know that the people here are not paid sponsors of the goods they will be buying? Let me try to make that more clear... When I was on Motosport.com, I was looking at reviews of brake pads that I wanted to buy. I never had purchased brake pads before and I had no idea what to get. Before I bought anything I checked this site to see if I could find anything on what I was buying, in this case, brake pads. I found nothing and the 3 reviews on motosport were all the same exact layout. I thought possibly something phishy was going on so I looked at their other reviews (the posters of those reviews) to see if they could possibly be paid sponsors and I ended up buying those brake pads anyhow.

Now if we had a Review forum of some sort I could have reviewed everything I bought (upwards of $600) before I spent that kind of money. My race is this Sunday so I would have been much more confident in buying my goods, had I read reviews from here.

The only thing I found on this website that I bought afterwards from reading a review of some sort, were Hand Gaurds... thats it. Nothing else I bought was to be found on this website.

Now that I have all these goods (I will still post reviews on motosport) I would LOVE to come here and post my thoughts so that other riders could read and think about before they buy something and I would trust most anyone on this site (that posts somewhat regularly) before I trust 3 or 4 reviews on any shopping website.

Billy Golightly
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
You could shop in the 3WW Store instead...:)

300rman
03-28-2012, 09:58 PM
I see what he is saying, and it may not be a bad idea. Everything we need isnt sold in the store, and having a section to discuss experiences with products may be rather useful. A few sites I am on have a "Product Review" section, and it works out rather nicely IMO.

ATCcountryboy
03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I like the idea of a review forum.

Matrix
03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
You could shop in the 3WW Store instead...:)

Lol... I do need a swingarm skid plate for my 86 200x that no one makes anymore. I was going to see if the person that makes the 350x skid plate could make one for mine.

I see what he is saying, and it may not be a bad idea. Everything we need isnt sold in the store, and having a section to discuss experiences with products may be rather useful. A few sites I am on have a "Product Review" section, and it works out rather nicely IMO.

Exactly, something to that effect would be great. I would love to converse with users on here rather than people I know even less.

I like the idea of a review forum.

Awesome, glad to hear my idea is good... for once...

fabiodriven
03-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I think it's a fantastic idea.

xman2rman
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm in! I have researchidus and spend way too much time looking at reviews prior to purchasing! In fact, I'm researching chains at this very moment.

Matrix
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
I think it's a fantastic idea.

I'm in! I have researchidus and spend way too much time looking at reviews prior to purchasing! In fact, I'm researching chains at this very moment.

Awesome! I think Democracy wins. Could you do that Bill?

rdlsz24
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I would be up for it. I try to write reviews when possible. Here's my offering from a couple years back

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/112926-REVIEW-New-eBay-quot-Keihin-quot-200x-carb

Rob

Chazz of Blades
03-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

Matrix
03-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I would be up for it. I try to write reviews when possible. Here's my offering from a couple years back

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/112926-REVIEW-New-eBay-quot-Keihin-quot-200x-carb

Rob

Actually I was thinking of a new carb for my 200x but in reality I think it just needs cleaned. On my last ride I noticed if I was going mid range in first and I slammed the gas it would bog which is making me very nervous with only 3 days until my 1.5 hour race lol. I will defentely look into it after my race. I am glad I read your review and I am not even saying that to get this review forum made :D

thestud25
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
This is a great idea! I have posted a few threads about aftermarket parts that I wanted to purchase and there was no response. Thank goodness the parts weren't crap. A forum like this could and would be very useful.

dcreel
03-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I think its a great idea as well. Especially tires and pipes..

bkm
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
This would be great, right after a restoration section is formed:D:postwhore

Vealmonkey
03-30-2012, 12:53 AM
The last time I reviewed a product from a member on here I was damn near burnt at the stake.