PDA

View Full Version : Polaris 250r parts???

450guy
03-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Anyone know where I can get some parts for a 1985 Polaris 3 wheeler? Bikebandit does not have a thing!! Looking for: swing arm bolt(right side) and bushing for swing arm. Any help would great!!

jeswinehart
03-29-2012, 06:07 AM
It has been awhile since I made my own swing arm bushings for my Polaris trike but , like you, none was to be found.
If I recall correctly I used 1 inch round derlin, cut to length and drilled the proper sized hole.
Now I do not do a bunch of riding but after some five years (or maybe a few more), swing arm is still tight.

After thinking about what I used, I may have used alu round stock, i inch.

Howdy ! I beleive I also made you a set, input ???

Howdy
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Anyone know where I can get some parts for a 1985 Polaris 3 wheeler? Bikebandit does not have a thing!! Looking for: swing arm bolt(right side) and bushing for swing arm. Any help would great!!

While I don't have a bolt ( I will double check to be sure ), I do have some German enginered Bushings. I sell these as a Kit: 2 bushing, 2 center pins and 4 seals. These are 10x better than OEM ( IMO ). While they do cost a little ( $90 shipped in the US per kit ), these should last a long time ( brass and harded steel center pins, good seals ). You can PM me if your interested.

Thanks
Howdy

keister
04-27-2012, 11:54 AM
While I don't have a bolt ( I will double check to be sure ), I do have some German enginered Bushings. I sell these as a Kit: 2 bushing, 2 center pins and 4 seals. These are 10x better than OEM ( IMO ). While they do cost a little ( $90 shipped in the US per kit ), these should last a long time ( brass and harded steel center pins, good seals ). You can PM me if your interested.

Thanks
Howdy

I bought a set of these and $90 is an absolute steal (especially considering these parts "don't exist" other than at 3WW). I don't have the machining knowledge to wager a guess as to the tolerancing, but their fit is so perfect it will make you want to puke! Well done, gentlemen. A+++++

Big Mike
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Howdy,

Any chance you can bring a set of these to Trikefest, and I will buy them from you there?

Howdy
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Howdy,

Any chance you can bring a set of these to Trikefest, and I will buy them from you there?

Remind me a week or 2 before then and I will try to bring some with me.
Howdy