PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day MX-2012-Smith Rd Raceway-Battle Between States Series

TimSr
03-29-2012, 07:57 AM
First race under new ownership!

This will be scored in the Battle between the States Series! Will Kentucky hold their lead? Current scores posted with Ohio following Kentucky, and PA in 3rd, with NY yet to get on the scoreboard.

Detailed information:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra9340.php#9340

Tri-Z 250
03-31-2012, 10:14 AM
CAMPING!!! The night before for the race, frist time in years, thats great! This really helps those of you traveling from longer distances. Great track and the ONLY corkscew frist corner you'll experance. Looking forward to KY Boyz coming in for some more friendly bar to bar action!

TimSr
04-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Open Practice April 12 if enough riders!

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about971.html

rray62
04-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, had some great news tossed at me. Race Tech informed me that my forks were not buildable. I had to scramble to find a different set, and they were sent to me instead of RT. Just shipped them out yesterday. I should still be good for round 3, hopefully they won't take too long to build. They are expecting them and I assume they are going to get right on them as soon as they receive the forks. But I plan to be there, even if I have to borrow a bike.

TimSr
04-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Well, had some great news tossed at me. Race Tech informed me that my forks were not buildable. I had to scramble to find a different set, and they were sent to me instead of RT. Just shipped them out yesterday. I should still be good for round 3, hopefully they won't take too long to build. They are expecting them and I assume they are going to get right on them as soon as they receive the forks. But I plan to be there, even if I have to borrow a bike.

You better run it! We don't want a win by default!
Should I add you to the OTC forum list?

http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra9340.php#9340

rray62
04-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Definitely add me, I've been thinking and worse comes to worse I could always put the old forks on.

Tri-Z 250
04-13-2012, 12:59 PM
TRACK REPORT!!!!
Well some of us made it out to see the NEW track changes. My overall impression of the track was, nicely improved. The track has flow and some pretty tech areas as well. Last night they had a twisty back section with a horseshoe turn winding back on itself. A typical dropdown uphill turn that sweeps the back line of the property. Chasing through the Smith Rd tree's is still a factor. The real notible changes were the 2 tabletops that grace the nolonger 6pack. This section is much faster clearing front to back on both tables is very do-able...I can see some going table face to landing the second table top. Running in East to West direction(gate is rt as well as corkscrew) They added a lipped face to the once oversized roller downhill, as well as the table in the woods and the sidehill table near the New 4' tables. The embanked NASCAR turn still graces the back section which seemed to be faster last night lunching you off the down hill just before the Horseshoe. It was nice of the NEW owner to open the gates and have his frist 3WHEELER-n-Quad practice. It was nice to get out and spin some laps and get a feel for the NEW LAYOUT.

TimSr
04-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Glad you made it Steve! Track was awesome! A lot more Malvernish. I hope the megaruts come back for race day, and I do miss the killer mispaced crooked sideways whoops 6 pack thing though. Still an awesome beginner track with just a little easy air added.

Tri-Z 250
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
No question the ruts and braking bumps from an entire day of multi classes with every machine 2,3,4wheeled, creating new lines each race. Some of what makes Smith such a great course. Parctice to moto1 and even into the final laps, the track morphs and becomes faster as the day progresses. Very much a friendly beginers track but with the added lipped tables...guys who don't mind air time will find pleanty this year. The technical back section with all it's twist and turns adding in the trees makes for an almost trail/scramble feel. Camping for this event is a GREAT welcome to some of you'all who boarder Ohio and possibly on the fence about MX. This is a great way to represent your State and go home with some SWAGGER. Smith Rd has welcomed many a frist timers and turned them into repeat attendors. Can't wait too see some of the WHO's -who of TODAY's racers, who make it for this one...Goodtimes.

TimSr
04-16-2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBEQCmS5_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbN6i-o5mdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbbCyNXs9F4

TimSr
05-09-2012, 10:13 PM
I got a call tonight, and their camping permit still has not gone through. I need to know how many people were planning on camping, and what they have for vehicles, and where they sleep. They are working on a plan B to accomodate us in case their permit doesnt go through in time, possibly camping a few miles away.

Tri-Z 250
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Getting geared-up for some hot laps....Weather forecast looks to be the warmest Memorial weekend in a few years. NO rain in sight and temps(cooling down) should be in the mid 80's by raceday. Should be as perfect as could be...no sloppy practice, with the excepton of the watered areas....might get dusty in the late motos off the back section. Most of the course is lined with trees with shady areas for the majority of the course. Drink pleanty of water the day before...to maintain hydration.

TimSr
05-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Got the MX TriZ back together and running mint! Now have to fix the inside nut that broke loose for the upper right foot peg, but shouldn't take long. I'll also be sporting my newly made front number plate as well. That old one was pretty whooped.
Tomorrow's forecast, hot and dry. Might get a shower tonight. Like Steve said, lots and lots of ice water.
See all tomorrow!

Tri-Z 250
05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
:w00t:MANNNN WAS THAT HOT as:twisted:!!! I was told the temp reached 100* with a confirmation of 98* at the end of moto1 via cellphone. Giving credit to the NEW owner the track maintained a nice tack with some of the SmithRd muck-muck spots. I over road myself into lost position and went 7-9. I think I may deserve a piont or two for my over the bar dismount. Trying to chace Jr down I hooked a 15" clay rut cutting the corner. The bike bogged my body postion was wrong...over I went. Got backup finished strong thinking I was in last place. I tried to catch the pack, but settle for a solid pace to get off the track, for the next gate. Only later to find I had some one on my back the whole time. Hyper extended my knee a bit but she's feeling pretty good today. Sr had a GREAT3rd Overall, Grageboy took 2nd, and ChassyMan :cool:Sam on his clean mean 250R took and Impressive 1-1 for the OVERALL#1 spot. We may have to call him the Crippler from PA with the pace he set in all that HEAT. I had a great time the layout was faster and better than opening practice day at Smith. Can't wait to see the results of the State Battle....told you Ky Boyz not to rip your machines apart(fix as needed). All that $ in parts would have got you to the gate. I don't care how bad your motor is gonna be...if it ain't on the gate, it's in your garage. Well maybe next time..or next year we can try it again.;)

rray62
05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
told you Ky Boyz not to rip your machines apart(fix as needed). All that $ in parts would have got you to the gate. I don't care how bad your motor is gonna be...if it ain't on the gate, it's in your garage. Well maybe next time..or next year we can try it again.;)

Well, if the opportunity was given to you as it has been to me, you would have torn yours down too. This is a once in a lifetime build and I couldn't pass it up. I plan on coming up this year and racing with you guys. Out of respect I just want to make sure everyone who came down to Earlywine can be there the same time I can, and the same for the Berry Bros.

Tri-Z 250
05-29-2012, 11:55 PM
No doubt we wanna see you guys again...but I have to correct ya. I've never tore down a motor that wasn't blown or disassembled a winning machine except for maintance. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Chances are good we could all run again soon...The OTC series is jam packed with dates. July4th/LaborDay...SmithRd try again??? Looking forward to running with you guys again just hope we can see if home field advantage helps any. My warning to you comes from experance as time money and twins have put my Z build on any backburnner I can find. Not that I don't wanna do it...It's tuffer than people think to juggle life/family and kids...then deadicate 5hrs in the garage for 3months.

TimSr
05-31-2012, 11:35 PM
My pictures and video of first race are posted. Dave has bunch of pics to post yet.