PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop advice wanted.

fabiodriven
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
I have always wanted to learn to photoshop but have no idea how to do it. Is it fairly easy to do? Do I need to download a program or something? I'm basically looking for any and all advise on this subject because I don't have the first clue how to do it.

My computer is a Toshiba laptop, I dunno what model. A Satellite or something? I'm basically looking to do funny things with pictures of my friends and family and people from here occasionally.;)

Thanks ladies and gents.

tulsamike3434
03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
GIMP is the best !!!! and its free!!!!!1 I can Photoshop great!

HuffieVA
03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
The real Photoshop is quite pricey and pretty advanced, I've got Photoshop CS3 version and have been playing with Photoshop since Windows 3.11 or so and still find new little tricks almost every time I use it (or maybe its that I forget and relearn it) I would start with Photoshop Elements (basically the same program with some of the higher end tools missing), it may be all you will ever need, but if you do upgrade to the full blown version you wont have to relearn everything all over again. You can download a trial here: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html The best thing to learn how it works is get a how to book with some samples on CD and they usually have walk through step by step tutorials that get you up and going pretty quickly

Scootertrash
03-31-2012, 08:54 AM
This thread interests me :) I've always pondered trying photoshop for the same reason Fabio.

How do the free programs compare to the actual photoshop program? would it be worth it to try one of the free ones first to see if it's something you'll actually use enough to pay for it?

fabiodriven
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Cripes almighty... Looks like I might have to take a class or something here. Photoshopping is not easy apparently.

shovelryder
01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Corel draw is also a great one.

Scootertrash
01-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Cripes almighty... Looks like I might have to take a class or something here. Photoshopping is not easy apparently.

Did you try it out or did you just come back to the thread after 9 months? :lol:

300rman
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Photoshop is a very advanced program. Tutorials are available all over the web, which will get you started. After you run through a few tutorials, basic stuff like photo touch ups and making photo-bombs is a piece of cake!

But hell, Microsoft Paint will probably suit you just fine Fabio, for the type of stuff you are talking about doing.