PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z vs Tecate(1st gen) questions???

CTPATRIOT
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Not to start a war between the people who are into both machines,but i have questions!I've had Honda 250R's in the past and like them,but would like to get something different.Either a Tri-Z or Tecate 3(prob. 1st gen).Any reason to go with one over the other,or would it just come down to preference???Bike will not be ridden hard,but do want something i can get pleanty of parts for.

HuffieVA
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I have a Tri-Z and multiple 84/85 Tecates, its been my experience that the parts for both are not plentiful, but the Tecate being a bit easier. As far as rideability/friendliness I have to hand it to the Tri-Z, and for an all out adrenaline rush its the Tecate but it really comes down to personal preference in my opinion. As far as looks I like the all business no frills look of the Tecate as well as the futuristic look of the Z's

oldiron1
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd like to eventually own one of each!! (250R, Tecate & Tri Z) That way there is no need to pick favorites!

Swinger
03-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I'd like to eventually own one of each!! (250R, Tecate & Tri Z) That way there is no need to pick favorites! Ha ha, thats what I am working on. I got the Tecate, 250R and 350X and have a Z lined up to get with in a week.

oldiron1
03-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Ha ha, thats what I am working on. I got the Tecate, 250R and 350X and have a Z lined up to get with in a week.

Nice! Paint me "green" and "Yellow/Black" with envy! (Those are the two that I need down the road.)

CTPATRIOT
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Seems that most NEW plastic is made for the Tri Z,not much for the Tecate.What about performance parts for the engine,axles ect..???