PDA

View Full Version : Rally NY

YAMAHA_Jim
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
On April 21-22 I will have rally cars going past my house at 80-100 mph, Here's the catch,my house is 12' from the edge of the road.The town I live in approved this race without informing me and all the other neighbors as to what was happening.Now all I can hope for is that one loses control and smashes into my house so i can dip into thier 55 million dollar insurance policy.I'm not against racing of any kind until the track becomes the (35mph) road infront of my house. I was already told by the cops and rally organizers that I cant go within 25' of the road while the races are happening.I informed them that I will be sitting in my living room 15' from the road waiting for the impact and on that weekend my neighbors and myself will be prisoners in our own home,We cant leave home and if we arent home we cant return until after the races.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Weird... I didn't know they did events like that here in the states, let alone looney-tooney NY!

I'm not against racing either, but I don't think I would like the idea of being locked into or out of my property for a day...

Swinger
04-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I dont see how they can make you stay in your house or even tell you what to do on your own property. I think it would be pretty cool to have them going past my place but if you are only 15' away from the road, that is a little to close for comfort for me to leave the kids there. I would pull up a lawn chair and have at it. Get the pressure washer ready so as soon as the dust settles you can hose the house down, unless they go through the house, then put up a detour and collect a short cut fee or addmission on top of the insurance money!! Good luck.

atc300r
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Iv heard of them having the road races near me.In lewis county NY.I love racing .But its a bunch of crap that they tell you to stay in your home.What if you or someone else that lives along the course has and emergency.Those promoters of these events I here are a$$holes.Good Luck.Your a tax paying NYer and a Race promoter is telling you what to do.Can you and the other resident protest.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
144129144123 I guess I can leave if I have an emergency.My house is across from left field. Maybe I should borrow a truck and jet dryer to park in the front lawn :) 1/4 mile down the rd from me the coarse makes a 90 degree right at the bottom of a steep hill,a 4 apt house and parking lot is waiting for the cars that dont make the turn.Maybe I'm the only one that looks at what could happen before it happens. I am now what George Carlin referred to as a NIMBY, Not in my back yard! lol

atc300r
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Iv seen some of those rally races on youtube and TV they dont look to safe.Someone should park a big ol dozen in the way.

Bryan Raffa
04-01-2012, 01:03 PM
hey Jim,, should i ship you my police issued road spikes....LMFAO...

plastikosmd
04-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I'd sit on the roof and watch the race

atc007
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Where are you at?? Is this World Rally or local? We host the STPR here in Wellsboro every year. Great times,great drivers,and of course,,,the few drunks that try and ruin it for ALL! Sorry to hear about this for your home,,but it will be kinda cool!?? Pastrana,Deegan,Block, Millen,Choinerre,Mirra, a lot of nice guys that come thru down here. I will say this. Wellsboro is 30 miles from here. They did one in our backyard,,ONE YEAR,, HUGE success,Every driver and spectator RAVED how great it was.. DCNR sent them a $173,000 bill for road and ditch repair. It was one year only! They chased them away that way : (

YAMAHA_Jim
04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Not sure if its a series in NY or part of a national series.I've already thought about parking heavy equip in the front lawn,The boss that owns it said no ;)
I could use a new front section on my house,shingles need replacing and a few windows.Always best when someone else pays for it and I dont have to do the work.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Town meeting was held between town and local fire dept hosting the event,public not allowed,public was told this topic was already discussed and isnt open for discussion at tonights meeting and we were basicly turned away.So i turned to spray paint and plywood :) and a few letters to the newspaper. Rally NY feels that a house needs to be 15 feet from a road to be considered unsafe.They measured my house at 19'7",,so my guess was low :) I'm glad I have that extra 4'7" of air space to further slow a car down before it smashes through my house. Welcome to NY where the $ comes first and peoples safety come second if at all.

atc007
04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear that,,It's not right. It should at least be hashed out..

Dirtcrasher
04-07-2012, 10:35 PM
You would think they could find a "safer" place to fly by. We've all seen bad rally car accidents.

It's one thing when it's on fire roads in the woods, but in front of your home is crazy!

I hope you don't live at the end of a high speed turn......

coolpool
04-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Doesn't sound like too much public input into this. Buy yourself a bunch of cheap bouncy balls of sorts and dribble them out onto the road when the cars are coming. The drivers will think a kid is chasing it and hit the binders. And move your valuables away from the walls, lol.

Just Kidding; play it safe and ask the organizers to set up some water filled jersey barriers in front of your place.

Knobby Addict
04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
I would love to see these events happen locally. I would love to have it 15' from my house too! I WOULD be on the roof with the kids watching! I believe the NIMBY attitude in this thread is the same reasons we fewer and fewer off road events or places to ride. They have insurance and followed all the rules to have an event! Get over it!

RIDE-RED 250r
04-08-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't really see it as a NIMBY attitude. There are some legitimate concerns, that frankly would be on my mind as well if it were me. And I think it's safe to say that probably anybody who is a member here is not anti-motorsports.

I'm still amazed lefty-looney NYS even ALLOWS these types of events within it's borders! Especially since it is one of only 2 (I think) states that still prohibit MMA.....

YAMAHA_Jim
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I problably wouldnt have a problem if it was in my backyard since there is already a track there.,but its going by my living room at 80-100 mph.I guess since they have insurance that makes it OK.Thats also why we have lawyers and courtrooms.I already asked them to put a speed limit infront of my house since its the closest house to the road on the entire 20 mile coarse.i was told they cant do that.I think I might just disappear all together that weekend,probably be safer for all and keep me out of jail. NYS vehicle and traffic law 1182 makes it legal for them to close the roads,the same law also states that competitors in a race must exercise reasonable care,,,When was the last time you saw a racer of any kind exercise reasonable care trying to get to the finish line first(or a faster time in Rally)
One guy in the local fire dept has a son who races.He went under the radar and got the town to approve this b/c of who he is,The town I think is clueless to what rally is,,now he has 1/2 of Rock Hill and most of the fire dept against him b/c he volunteered all the volunteer firemen to the rally org to be flaggers and make brkfast lunch and dinner for 3 days. The poop will hit the fan here over this and I can almost garantee that there wont be another rally here. Call me a NIMBY all you want,I could really give 2 poops about you right now.

atc007
04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I would love to see these events happen locally. I would love to have it 15' from my house too! I WOULD be on the roof with the kids watching! I believe the NIMBY attitude in this thread is the same reasons we fewer and fewer off road events or places to ride. They have insurance and followed all the rules to have an event! Get over it!

Can I respectfully ask if you have kids or family in your house with you? If you do,,I think YOU would think twice if they were coming Thru YOUR living room. I am 110% FOR motorsports! Especially rally,,,but there is absolutely NO reason they can't put a speed limit sign on course for Jims home. Drivers would respect it,and those that didn't could be warned it will ALL be taped. End of story.

atc300r
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I hope the volunteer fire fighters tell that dude to stick it up his arse.And do it himself.You should park your truck as close to the road as possible.lol.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I made it into the local paper,since then The volunteer firemen who is a friend of my dads(40 yrs) contacted him in SC to apologize for me having to put signs up in my lawn to let others know danger is coming.My father called me and asked if I would take the signs down,I put more up :) Also the course supposedly will not be ran in the direction that puts my house in more danger b/c of the 90 degree turn at the bottom of a steep hill 1/4 mile away.I also will either have a shicane(sp) made out of haybales in front of my house that will slow cars down to about 60mph,lol,,,,or a checkpoint where each car has to slow down to 5ph or stop,not sure on the rules of a rally checkopoint.Since my letter and signs,safety is now a hot topic,got requests for signs from other residents,didnt make any though. I dont mind standing alone.Went through rock hill earlier,Rally everything,cars,trucks trailers,euro teams,sponsors,media,more people than I've ever seen here before,world caliber stuff....And I'm the outlaw,haha.I'm used to it. I fired the tri-z's up tonight for first time in awhile and raised hell in my yard until the red z overheated and puked green and also pushed out the remaining oil in the rear shock.Then almost crashed the blue-Z and decided to put them away.I then unwinded on my kazuma 110 quad for a few min:) I've been warned by rally ny that cars near the road will be towed if not moved,along with all thier other rules for the general populace.We will see what tomorrow brings :)145451145452145453

YAMAHA_Jim
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
,,,,also Thanx for the offer on the spike strips and weekend getaway to NEPA,I'm going to stay here and make an attempt to be a law abiding obedient citizen tomorrow and sunday.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 10:11 AM
1st group went by my house,some 80+mph no hay bales,people,or safety. Everyone involved in this rally lied to me and everyone else.They ended up going the direction they said they would not.I heard sirens after about the tenth car went by.I got vids of my home serving as a safety barrier that didnt get used yet :),be on youtube later.just went out to the store,skidmarks,scrapes and debri all over the roads.Dont worry,our taxes will fix it.145485145486 These only 2 pics i got,both doing over 75,I dont have radar gun but decent at judging speed. Round 2 starts at 12:45,opposite direction.

Lord Letto 20
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM
*Driver crashes into house*
You: Thank you, i can now use part of the insurance to fix my 3 wheelers or buy more :P

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Haha Lord,You got it! 55 million dollar insurance policy.I think the local and state police headquarters phones are ringing off the wall from the neighbors I talked to so far.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
vids from the first group that went through,didnt get all of them,had to go inside for a few seconds,rattled my house as they passed.
If you like rally,I hope you enjoy, http://www.youtube.com/user/yamahajim906/videos .

Meat-BoX
04-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Yea we tried to chase the races last year but they changed the day and location. They race every year up near my camp in the Adirondacks in Lewis County. We have a group that is going this year and actually find the locations and watch. We have tried for like 3 years. You can get maps up at the Beer Church just outside of Croghan when the event is near.

http://blackriverstages.linaracing.com/2012/

Sweet found this and it seems to be within a mile or two of my Camp.The Chroghan and Harrisville sections. Anyone down for a weekend of riding and watching the races is welcome. Will start planning.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 08:11 PM
2 close calls,lots more vids on my youtube channel. search "rally ny 2012 rock hill" for others vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0_k8QZQgQ&feature=g-upl&context=G2818755AUAAAAAAABAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTsN6TvQBbU&feature=g-upl&context=G2ede7abAUAAAAAAACAA

ezmoney1979
04-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Are you jumping on a trampoline filming this?

RIDE-RED 250r
04-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Dang, that IS close to your house... And lots of others too.... Again, I'm not against racing, but that is too close for comfort

pistolpete88
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
wow jim my house is 25 feet of the road and cars go by all day every day at 60 plus your going to be inconvienced for a weekend while bussiness in your area probably get a much needed boost. the likelyness of a car crashing through your house is probably close to nill. cant believe anybody into 3 wheelers would be this much of a douche get over it have a party and watch the race

pistolpete88
04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
the 300 plus jerks on bicycles i get on any weekend are worse im sure

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Rock Hill business-2 gas stations and a small grocery store, a bar,2 pizza shops...oh and a pharmacy(doubt anyone got sick or needed bandaids)All other small business are closed sat and sun and have nothing to offer racing enthusiasts.
1500-2000 inconvenienced mad residents,mad b/c of the way this race was organized(or the lack of).I'm happy to live in Rock Hill with so many other douchebags.The main douchebag is responsible for going under the radar to get the race approved by the town board so his son can race his car.Today he made himself a liar too.No public meetings about the race,safety,etc between the town board,rock hill FD,rally ny,or the residents that live here prior to the race.I and 2000 others apparrently dont like fast cars as much as you do.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-21-2012, 10:25 PM
nope, just so excited to have a race on my road that i couldnt keep the camera still. was pooped out from running back and forth to film

ChrisD
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Sad...I have been to that race on a couple occasions. Is a ton of fun. Too bad your road was built before newer legislation. Personally, I would not gripe about it. I would watch it, invite friends and have a good time. Maybe it will bring money to a town that doesn't get any. We have a house in Bloomingburg Ny and that town is begging for something to happen.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
no problems with rally chris,just one guy(rhfd member) and his sneaky ways of going under the radar to get the race approved. 80%(give or take) of rock hill is against it.No town meeting was held for residents to openly discuss thier concerns.Most RHFD members werent even at the rally b/c they were not for it.The guy had to call 2 other fire companies to get enough volunteers to help. This has alot more to do with small town politics than it does Rally NY.This guy flat out lied to me. The rally people love this guy while all his life long neighbors and friends dont want much to do with him now. Small town clique and if your not in it,you have no say.Some people put signs in thier yards that I cant even post here w/o getting the 3ww police mad at me :)

atc300r
04-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I live in Carthage just a few minutes from the lewis county portion of the races they have here.Last year there where some complaints from residents up there.Basicaly they were told to bad.
Yea we tried to chase the races last year but they changed the day and location. They race every year up near my camp in the Adirondacks in Lewis County. We have a group that is going this year and actually find the locations and watch. We have tried for like 3 years. You can get maps up at the Beer Church just outside of Croghan when the event is near.

http://blackriverstages.linaracing.com/2012/

Sweet found this and it seems to be within a mile or two of my Camp.The Chroghan and Harrisville sections. Anyone down for a weekend of riding and watching the races is welcome. Will start planning.

YAMAHA_Jim
04-23-2012, 09:22 AM
the 300 plus jerks on bicycles i get on any weekend are worse im sure
I'll trade you rally cars for bicycles any day pete :)