PDA

View Full Version : Clue me in to Ebay

Kook
11-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm finding myself in a position to buy a 4-wheeler (don't ask me how I talked her into it) and am finding some really good prices on Ebay. I've never bought over $40.00 worth of stuff off there, so tell me this; How do you guys part with that kind of money over ebay and not have a nervous breakdown? I hear about scams all the time. What kind of guarantee do I have with a deal like that? What does shipping cost for such a thing? I can't afford to get hosed out of that kind of cash. Anyone got any input to help me feel more confident?

tecatecrazy
11-17-2003, 02:42 PM
with the kind of money you are talking about (over $40 lol) I would only bid on something that is close by that I could actually go and pick up, that way lyou know that you are not just giving your money away. But remember if you bid on something like this you are agreeing to pay for it, and most people would be extremely pissed if you show up and start kicking the tires and then decide not to pay for it. on the other hand ,if it is completely misrepresented in the auction I wouldnt be forking my money over either. I guess my point is-----ask alot of q's before you bid. good luck! ---Joe 8)

Dan Tenn
11-17-2003, 03:08 PM
I second the statement made by tecatecrazy.

smokinwrench
11-17-2003, 08:18 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. I have bought a couple things on ebay that were $2-300 and I was nervous as hell until I got it delivered. When I am buying higher $$ stuff on ebay I make sure the seller has almost perfect feedback.

Josh

twgranger
11-17-2003, 09:49 PM
always check feedback.

junjun01
11-17-2003, 09:51 PM
I Sell & Buy Stuff Frm Ebay All The Time.
My Advise : If It's A big item,Make Sure It's Local,See If You Can Go Over & See It Before You Bid,Check Seller Feedback,Ask Questions..
See How Long It Takes For Them To Answer.

My .2 Cents

'86X
11-21-2003, 06:47 PM
I agree entirely with tecatecrazy! Good feedback, prompt replies and location mean a lot. Also consider getting some kind of local classified ad and look there. I think that would be a much better way to buy something like that. You don't have as much competition and you can look at the machine beforehand. Plus cash in someones face does have an emotional effect. Good luck.

junjun01
11-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Plus cash in someones face does have an emotional effect.

Amen to That ! :)