PDA

View Full Version : ESR is taking FOREVER!

Calvelage04
04-03-2012, 01:33 AM
I bought a ATC5 pipe , and silencer for my 86r from ESR. I came with a pin hole leak in the weld. Usually I'm not that picky but I knew that the hole will only get bigger and possibly start rusting there. So I hesitated, but called ESR to hear them out about possibilites. At first, Tom was awesome and sent me a ups shipping label to my email so I didn't have to pay to ship it back, and said he would swap it out. 3 weeks later I call them back to see where my "swapped" pipe is. Tom says."Oh, I ment to call you, when I got the pipe down off the shelf that I was gonna swap it with, it had a dent in it." Then complete silence...... So I ask, "Whats the plan?" Tom tells me that Eddie was gonna to make some more sometime before the end of the year, or they could fix mine, and send it to the chromer again, and have it back to me in 2 weeks. So I opt for him to fix mine. I called yesterday, at this point he has had my pipe for 6 weeks, and he says we got the hole fixed, we just have to send it to the chromer, and I will call you when its done. I was so shocked, and frusterated that I just replied with, K..... hopefully I will talk to you soon. I really wanted to rip his head off, but that wouldn't have got me anywhere, knowing that they are just waiting to send it with alot of stuff so it will be cheaper on them. Ain't tring to whine about it, just thought I should put my experience out there.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Well, that's just it. They do send parts to the chromer in batches. BUT, given the circumstances I think I would be trying to pull some strings to get your pipe back to you ASAP if I were them.

Last december I bought a 350 kit ported TRX9, ATC5 pipe and silencer, ESR reedblock and got my cases bored from ESR. My transaction with them couldn't have gone better. I got everything back to my door 1 day earlier than projected. Just a hair over 2 weeks from the time my cases left my doorstep. And that was working around Christmas..

Hope you get your pipe back soon. I just got a chance to stretch the legs on my 350 tonight for the first time since the build and holy smokes that thing RIPS!

Calvelage04
04-04-2012, 12:05 AM
WOW, That is a sweet setup you got there. I have heard only great things about them, and the pipe was awesome. I suppose as long as its back for trikefest I won't be too upset.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you for the kind words Sir. :beer

I'm not sure when TF is as I don't have plans to go any time soon. It's a bit of a drive for me and my vacation time is pretty well burned up each year with the family vacation and deer season. Not to say I won't ever go, I would LOVE to at some point. But it probably won't be until I get my 3rd week of vacation.

Did Tom give you any timeframe for when they plan to send a batch of parts to the chromer? If it were me, I would certainly call them every 3 or 4 days and just respectfully keep myself in the front of his mind so to speak.

Some people have had some bad experiences with ESR. I suspect they have a "busy" time of year and a not so busy time of year. My guess is right about now their work is probably picking up and they might be starting to get a little swamped. I don't know for sure, but I have heard from fairly reliable sources that it's just Tom and Eddie running the whole operation.

Calvelage04
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
That is great advise, and I can't think of a better approach myself. No time frame yet, but I am going to call them tomorrow and bend his ear. It's funny how a grown man can get so anxious for a new part for his toy. Almost like a kid at christmas. This maybe off topic, but, do you have any overheating problems with that 350? I stopped at a 295, but am now wishing I had more power. I love the versitility of both trail riding and draggin.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-06-2012, 09:15 PM
LOL! I know the kid at Christmas feeling well! I got all my stuff from them a few days after Christmas last year.. Santa just came a little late for me.

As to overheating, so far no, I haven't had a problem that I'm aware of. Although I am not yet running a temp guage and am still breaking in. While I am running it I often reach down and feel the cylinder with the back of my hand. So far so good.....

Little bit of a difference between a 295 stock cylinder and these big bore cylinder. The big bore cylinder appears to hold alot more coolant. I don't know for sure but it sure looks like it does. I have heard that 295 stock cylinders can sometime be a little persnickety with overheating. That's a big sleeve in a stock cylinder.