PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200s Help Please

Honda200sRider
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I got this 200s for free from my uncle and i cleaned it up replaced the carb,oil and gas. I started riding it my yard for a week, then i put some cheap knobbies on it and threw away the trail pros.
I took it mudding and went thru a creek, after i was done i parked it, and came out the next day and it wouldn't start, Gave up after about 30mins of pulling , came the next day and it started first pull, But i didn't ride it any, went out today to replace the other rear tire and tried starting it with no luck.

Help me! Why won't it start Consitent?

Thanks.

Also the four bolts the bolt the frame to the rear axle one of the bolts is missing where can i get replacements?

thestud25
04-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Sounds to me you have a wiring connection issue. You may have a wet connection, loose wire, or a short.

Big Paul
04-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Check to make sure your ignition switch is good, mine would act like that sometimes because the contactor in the kill swith would accidently touch one of the posts in the switch and it would complete the circuit, thus killing the engine. To check the switch, remove the headlight and behind the headlight you will find the switch wires. Use an ohm meter and check for continuity between the black and green wires. There should be a low resistance when the switch is in the off position, but it should have no continuity at all in the run position. Also check the ignition stator coil for continuity. The black wire that comes from behind the front sprocket cover in the 3-wire loom should have continuity between it and the engine ground. If it doesn't, the stator coil is bad or the wire that goes to it has come loose becasue the factory solder joint broke (thats what happened to mine). The ignition stator coil produces the energy to fire the spark plug. Also, check the spark plug wire and make sure it is tight in the boot and also in the coil. They always like to loosen up and create a bad connection. You can test it with an ohm meter. Also, the float might be sticking. To un-stick a float, tap the carburetor with a small hammer several times on the bowl. The vibrations should knock it free. Very unlikely but worth checking is also your pulse generator. It is located under the CDI cover and it has two wires coming from it. One is blue/yellow and one is green. They should have about 20-30 ohms of resistance to each other.
As far as the bolt goes, it is a fine thread metric bolt but I dont know where you would buy one locally unless you have a killer hardware store. I like to use www.babbittsonline.com/ I hope this helps!

vonlindheim
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
you said you went through a creek? take it from a true mudder/water hog, water,mud get inside the recoil and fouls out your stator. try buying a $10.00 flywheel puller and check out whats behind your flywheel. i have to pop mine after every water ride :( probably the biggest weakness in those bikes with the elements :) and if you water it a lot, check out the bearings too. keep on trikin :)