PDA

View Full Version : 84 Honda 200X Help Please

dragondude
04-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey! I have a 1984 Honda 200X The crank is bad in it. I can get a new crank rod and have the mechanics put it in but it is to much money because they will have to send it to a machine shop in order to put the crank rod in. I'm looking for the whole crank assemble which i know i can get new for $300-ish give or take. I don't have that much money and I really don't want to dump that much into it right now. Does anyone know where I can get a the whole crank that is still good? If I can't find the crank, then the 200x will be the last 3-wheeler i can ride. Right now it is sitting in my shed. If I can't find the parts I need, then the whole bike will be a parts bike for sale, Please help, any suggestions are welcome. Does anyone know If I can swap out the engines for anything without having to do any serious modification to the frame?

Swinger
04-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I had a rod put in my tecate instead of buying the whole assembly and it was cheaper that way. Not sure the price because it was 3 years ago but wasnt as much as a new crank. I would say check ebay but you never know what you will get there unless its from someone you deal with all the time. Tough call but I dont think I would part it out. Do what you gotta do to get the trike going again and enjoy it for years to come.

Rebel Customs
04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I saw one on ebay for cheep

dragondude
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
The thing is, I still have to take it to Honda and have them put the crank in and put the engine back together. IDK man, I'll try calling a machine shop and see what they will price it at.

tri again
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
The thing is, I still have to take it to Honda and have them put the crank in and put the engine back together. IDK man, I'll try calling a machine shop and see what they will price it at.

ok, deep breath.

In the time I waited for money to buy a tank for 150 bucks, I found a whole trike for 100.
Check craigslist a few times a day.

There is also something called an auto x.
185 and 200 engines are everywhere and cheap as can be. AND they fit in an x frame.

I actually have one.
It was my first full suspension trike.

Something funky about changing the foot brake but it's not a deal breaker.

try the search key for auto x.
Everyone Loves them and you could be back running for under 100$
or you may even find a beat and broken 185 or 200
busted plastics, ripped seat and flat tires with a good engine.for free.

hoosierlogger
04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I have a crank for a 200X that is in good shape. PM me if you are interested in talking about it and Ill send you my phone number.

CrazyPollock
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
A local MC yard recomended a place called bikeboneyard out of florence MT, for used ATC Parts, google them and the site will pop up, they're a small operation, but will ship you the parts, and the prices are not to bad. They have a few hondas, but get tecates and triz's pretty often too. Don't be afraid to ask your local honda dealer, check the ones that have been around a long time, sometimes they have a stash of factory ATC parts from back in the day.

dragondude
04-05-2012, 11:37 PM
ok, deep breath.

In the time I waited for money to buy a tank for 150 bucks, I found a whole trike for 100.
Check craigslist a few times a day.

There is also something called an auto x.
185 and 200 engines are everywhere and cheap as can be. AND they fit in an x frame.

I actually have one.
It was my first full suspension trike.

Something funky about changing the foot brake but it's not a deal breaker.

try the search key for auto x.
Everyone Loves them and you could be back running for under 100$
or you may even find a beat and broken 185 or 200
busted plastics, ripped seat and flat tires with a good engine.for free.

So Auto X is a trike or the actual engine? Where would I look for one? I tried Ebay and Craigslist but nothing really popped up near where I live.

JJMF1979
04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
an auto x is a 200x with an automatic engine in it like a 185 or a 200e or 200m and a few others, all the ones I mentioned bolt right in or go in with little mods, so now you know

dragondude
04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info, but that defeats my purpose. I want my 200X engine, not a different engine. Not an automatic engine, not a semi-automatic, I just my good ole 200X clutch engine :)