PDA

View Full Version : Tired of people bashing the south.

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
I getting very tired of people on here making fun of people from the south. It offends me when I see people saying that everyone from the south have no teeth, go barefoot, can't spell, and are just plain stupid. I honestly don't know anyone like that down here. People making fun of rednecks/hillbillys, I am starting to see a lot more of this on this forum. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying I have seen a lot more of that stuff on here. There have been a lot of arguments on here about this, about being called rednecks and other things. I'm a redneck, it just has a different meaning here in the south, anyone on here that considers themselves a redneck surely doesn't think of themselves as a racist, dumb person that lives like an animal. We work hard and fight for what we believe in, so all I'm saying is to please stop bashing us down, and lets just all get along and be friends. No matter what we consider ourselves.:)

atc300r
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
How do you feel about Jeff Foxworthy. he bashes the crap out of rednecks.And Larry the Cableguy pretends to be a redneck.

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't mind them, it's their job. I think Jeff considers himself a redneck, I hear him talking about it all the time.:) I just offends me when people say ''you're a redneck so that means that you are a dumb shlt''.

El Camexican
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey Bud, I hope it wasn’t me that tripped your switch, I was just funning. I work for Southerners and they razz the craaaap out of me for being Canadian daily. It’s all in fun between us, but if you or anyone else was offended I am truly sorry. :beer

ATC-Eric
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
This is the internet, not everyone is going to share your views. Who cares. Are you really that concerned with what someone you have never met, and obviously (in your opinion) don't agree with thinks?

Scootertrash
04-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Didn't we just cover this a week or two ago y'all? :wondering http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/love/wink-kiss-034.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

If it makes ya feel any better you can call me whatever you call us yankee northern boys, doncha know ya youbetcha

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey Bud, I hope it wasn’t me that tripped your switch, I was just funning. I work for Southerners and they razz the craaaap out of me for being Canadian daily. It’s all in fun between us, but if you or anyone else was offended I am truly sorry. :beerNo don't worry man, I know you were just messing around.:lol:

Scootertrash
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey Bud, I hope it wasn’t me that tripped your switch, I was just funning. I work for Southerners and they razz the craaaap out of me for being Canadian daily. It’s all in fun between us, but if you or anyone else was offended I am truly sorry. :beer

Give them a couple of those bags of milk some of you have up there. That should have 'em scratchin' their heads! ;)

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM
This is the internet, not everyone is going to share your views. Who cares. Are you really that concerned with what someone you have never met, and obviously (in your opinion) don't agree with thinks?Im not that concerend with it, I just want people to forget about the whole thing and just start getting along and not starting arguments about it. I think people should just be ok with what other people are. And to stop saying ''you're a dumb redneck'', thats all I'm saying.

dksix
04-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm from the South and I've not seen anything posted that has bothered me.

fabiodriven
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
You want some cheese with that whine countryboy? Don't you think you sobbed enough last week?

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 11:24 PM
You want some cheese with that whine countryboy? Don't you think you sobbed enough last week?How could I have guessed you were going to get in on this fabio, and no I'm not whining I just want people on here to start getting along and to stop criticizing people about where they are from and what they stand for. Thats all Im saying, Im not trying to start an argument here.

bkm
04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
This is the modern day wild wild west. We ride three wheeled horses packing six gun keyboards. Get some thicker skin or the interwebs will eat you alive.

ATCcountryboy
04-05-2012, 11:49 PM
I thought I said I didn't want this to become an argument?

bkm
04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Who's arguing? You can't post about how you are tired of the way people perceive a certain demo-graph of the population and then get mad when everyone doesn't see it your way. I poke fun at all walks of life including myself and the region I live in, who cares. Life isn't little league, we all don't get a trophy. All I can say is get some thicker skin or you'll drive yourself mad.

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Calm down, Im only 14 so im kind of dumb. You are viewing this in a wrong way. I could care less what other people think, I just want this arguing on here to stop. THATS ALL IM SAYING!!!

bkm
04-06-2012, 12:23 AM
I could care less what other people think Then what the hell did you start this worthless thread for? Shouldn't you be in bed?

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Then what the hell did you start this worthless thread for? Shouldn't you be in bed?Sorry I pissed you off for some reason. I was just saying I want the arguing about this on here to stop. You have completly taken this thread the wrong way. By the way nothing is worthless, who knows something good could come out of a supposedly worthless thing.

bkm
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
BTW its "Couldn't Care Less" not, "Could Care Less". That just makes you sound like a toothless, hillbilly, redneck.

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 01:03 AM
BTW its "Couldn't Care Less" not, "Could Care Less". That just makes you sound like a toothless, hillbilly, redneck.Sorry, but I'm doing this from my iPod. What pissed you off? All I said was I want people on here to get along. That's all I said, it seems that you are the the one that doesn't have thick skin. I seriously don't know what you are mad about. You are taking this the wrong way. By the way I've never gotten a C in my life so I am not dumb.

Scootertrash
04-06-2012, 08:13 AM
You can can say what you want about me, all I can say is.....

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/danylz/icons/shutup.jpg

Now, everyone gather around the fire....... ready?
Kumbaya my lord, kumbayaa
Kumbaya my lord kumbayaaaaaaa

HuffieVA
04-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Kid, I was born in the heart of Pennsyltucky Amish country, carted off to upstate New York when I was about 12 and, worked in the construction business since I was 17 and moved to the capital of the Confederacy at 27, now at 41 it doesn't matter where I go people don't understand half the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro I say, in fact I've been with my wife for 18 years, we were born about 125 miles and five years apart and we confuse each other on a daily basis. So on any given day I might "throw the chickens into the coup some food" while my wife "pours some mh-alk in her coughfee" while are kids look at us and say "neither one y'all make sense" so unless you want to stay in a fifty mile radius of your house for the rest of your life you have to get used to it or you'll drive yourself nuts trying to make everyone else completely understand you, just take it in stride and have some fun with it...

bkm
04-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Sorry, but I'm doing this from my iPod. What pissed you off? All I said was I want people on here to get along. That's all I said, it seems that you are the the one that doesn't have thick skin. I seriously don't know what you are mad about. You are taking this the wrong way. By the way I've never gotten a C in my life so I am not dumb.Lighten up Francis. See what I mean? I'm messing with you and your all bent out of shape. You better take this internet with a grain of salt or you'll be in a Nut House or Prison by 18.

JJMF1979
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Come on guys leave the little kid alone, he obviously still has alot to learn in life, and in time he will

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Lighten up Francis. See what I mean? I'm messing with you and your all bent out of shape. You better take this internet with a grain of salt or you'll be in a Nut House or Prison by 18.

All I said was I would like people to stop calling people names on here. It does no good, it just hijacks threads. I don't care where you're from or how you talk. As long as you're a good kind person I have no problem with you. I wanted to have a discussion here, but it turned out an argument. That was exactly what I posted the thread about in the first place.

dksix
04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
countryboy, realizing you are young puts a lot of this into perspective. For those who are old enough to remember before Foxworthy made redneck something to be proud of, it was a derogatory term. To me redneck and white trash is the same, neither necessarily means country. I live 5 miles from the Appalachian Trial right on the edge of National Forest property. We still have a celebration ride up into the mountains where a Civil War battle was fought and soldiers are buried. I write to let you know, this is were people think about when they picture rednecks coming from and they are right. When someone post something with a reference to a derogatory slur, you either take offense or know it's not you they are talking about. No one here has used redneck as a way of classifying a group any more than I have used Yankee. I use it to classify a group of people, not a person. I use the term to describe the loud, know it all, "we did it like this up North" blow hards that I deal with everyday at work and they laugh it off, just like you should. You and I are different than someone who is from Detroit, Boston or Chicago. You can pretend the difference isn't there or you can make light of it and then it means nothing. One guy I work with is from South Boston and we rag each other all the time and are good friends, it doesn't mean anything. To let the remarks bother you is to give them merit and truth. If they don't describe you then they aren't about you. To someone on the outside looking in I'm text book redneck, hillbilly, white trash and as good of a person anyone would want to be around. If you want to change the perception of redneck, accept the term and be better than the negatives associated with it. I doubt there is 1 single person on here that would have any bad thoughts of you simple because you're from the South but you acting all butt hurt cause you don't like a term someone uses will strengthen the negative perception.

bkm
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
You sound like a good kid and your parents obviously have done a good job. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your heritage and the region where you live. Just trust me when I say this, let a lot of stuff roll off your back or it will drive you mad. Remember, guys are ten foot tall and bullet proof when hiding behind a keyboard. As much as the internet has been a blessing, I also believe it is the downfall of Western Civilization.

BTW I was never mad, not one bit. Having to put up with the crap I do on a daily basis, it takes a little more to ruffle my feathers.

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
You sound like a good kid and your parents obviously have done a good job. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your heritage and the region where you live. Just trust me when I say this, let a lot of stuff roll off your back or it will drive you mad. Remember, guys are ten foot tall and bullet proof when hiding behind a keyboard. As much as the internet has been a blessing, I also believe it is the downfall of Western Civilization.

BTW I was never mad, not one bit. Having to put up with the crap I do on a daily basis, it takes a little more to ruffle my feathers.Appreciate it bud. I let stuff roll off my back, but I just wanted to point out that arguing on here about this kind of stuff is pointless. All it does is start problems, so I just stated my opinion about this. I said it would be nice if we did not argue about this on here.

atc300r
04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Rednecks arent only in the south.I live 20 minutes from the Canadian border and there are alot of rednecks around here and they are from here.A friend of mine from Texas said to me one time " Iv seen more rednecks here in NY then where Im from"

briano
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
This thread makes me wanna round up the youngins and head to Walmart. Lol

JasonB
04-06-2012, 01:58 PM
The south is a bunch of toothless cousin screwing barefoot redknecks :D

sorry had to say it.

Dont let stuff bother you, your only 14. Especially stuff online, people on the web talk big anyways. There should be bigger things for you to worry about now. Like the next part your buying/installing on one of your BR's. Or what your going to do with this awesome weather durring the weekend!

Scootertrash
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
The other thing about posting on forums is it's really hard to tell if and when someone is joking around or tugging your chain. Your sarcasm detector needs to be recalibrated regularly, along with your bullshirt detector ;)

ATCcountryboy
04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
The other thing about posting on forums is it's really hard to tell if and when someone is joking around or tugging your chain. Your sarcasm detector needs to be recalibrated regularly, along with your bullshirt detector ;)I agree, it is hard to tell. That is one of the reasons I posted this thread.

mohadib
04-06-2012, 04:08 PM
steers and queers :D

ezmoney1979
04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
steers and queers :D

"Steers and Queers where you come
From there's just steers and queers
And you ain't got no horns, boy
Yes sir, yes sir"
Sgt. Baker

atc300r
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Have you ever seen the movie.Next of Kin .Its an old Patrick Swayze movie . Patricks character in the movie was a good ol boy that moved to the big city and became a detective.Rent that movie and watch it a dozen times.And you will see how people see hillbillys and rednecks.

yaegerb
04-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Great movie! Liam Neeson does one heck of a southerner impression for an Irish actor! And yes it gives you a taste for how two cultures of people view one another...good put.

atc300r
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Yes. Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors. I think his name in the movie was Briar.

RIDE-RED 250r
04-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Gun slingin, beer drinkin, cigar smokin, deer huntin,Northern NY redneck here and proud of it! I don't give a steaming crap what other people think the term redneck means, don't care if big city quazi-intellectual sophisticates harbor disdain for us rednecks... If you ask me, THEY are missing out on the TRUE finer things in life...

There, I bashed the city slickers.. Now it's all even! :naughty:

Thorpe
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
The other thing about posting on forums is it's really hard to tell if and when someone is joking around or tugging your chain. Your sarcasm detector needs to be recalibrated regularly, along with your bullshirt detector ;)

Hey, you are from MinnesOOOta... Were you in that movie FARGO?? :rolleyes:

RIDE-RED 250r
04-06-2012, 10:02 PM
You guys ever hear of the comedian Reno Collier??

He is from WV and has a funny bit about when he was doing a show in NYC...

Reno: "yeah, I'm from West Virginia.."

Audience member yells: "You guys screw your fricken cousins!!"

Reno replies: "I don't care.... My cousins are HOT!"

Now THAT'S Redneck pride right there! :beer

Russell 350X
04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
If people saying that stuff bothers you, then I'd say you need to get a lot thicker skin. You gotta just take the stuff in stride and go with it. Life it much easier that way :)

El Camexican
04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Ya’ll hear the one about the Canadian kid that applies for a sales position at an American sporting goods store? As he is being interviewed for the job the owner asks him why he left Canada to which he replies “Nothing up there but hockey players and whores Sir” The store owner clears his throat and sternly replies “My wife is from Canada young man” to which the boy without hesitation replies “What position did she play?”

ezmoney1979
04-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Now THAT'S Redneck pride right there! :beer
I guess being proud about inbreeding is just another thing about the south I will never understand lol.

Dirtcrasher
04-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Call me MORON all you want; I lose tools and keys on a daily base; And I am extremely organized.

I just set those things down and never remember where they went :lol:

El Camexican
04-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Hey, you are from MinnesOOOta... Were you in that movie FARGO?? :rolleyes:

Don’t dis my old neighbors! PS. That was a great move eh.

Thorpe
04-08-2012, 06:43 PM
^^ I particularily like that people dont understand that Fargo isn't in MN.... (Eh?? Neighbor, like Candadian??)

yooperman
04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
i moved from upper michigan down to the dirty south,(louisiana) and i am not going to lie to ya there are a bunch of rednecks down here lol. especially the farther south in the state, not every one is but there is alot of people who i think there family tree's are straight without having any branches of them them.

El Camexican
04-08-2012, 08:30 PM
^^ I particularily like that people dont understand that Fargo isn't in MN.... (Eh?? Neighbor, like Candadian??)

Grew up in Manitoba. Spent a fair bit of time in ND and MN years back. Always liked Fargo, good people, decent racetrack and they never tired of storing the runoff from the Red River in their basments for us. Track was on the Moorehead side, but they always called it the Fargo track.

Thorpe
04-08-2012, 08:56 PM
From what I can recall, (:beer) I have spent more than a few weekends in Fargo/Moorhead... A Canadian mexican, huh....

RIDE-RED 250r
04-08-2012, 09:20 PM
i moved from upper michigan down to the dirty south,(louisiana) and i am not going to lie to ya there are a bunch of rednecks down here lol. Especially the farther south in the state, not every one is but there is alot of people who i think there family tree's are straight without having any branches of them them.

"choot em clint! Wachoo waitin fo??!!"

yooperman
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
"choot em clint! Wachoo waitin fo??!!"

now that is funny right there lol

El Camexican
04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
From what I can recall, (:beer) I have spent more than a few weekends in Fargo/Moorhead... A Canadian mexican, huh....

I use Camexican, but some call us Mexinadians. Remind me which side of the river had the drinking age at 21 and the other at 19? I recall the liquor store was on the 21 side and I had to do a bit of negotiating to get my “medicine” when I was 18 and we could drink back home. Had some good fun over there, including a catwalk on my RZ on the Moorhead side right past the sheriff’s car that turned into a very long discussion on safety and ones behavior when in foreign lands. He eventually decided that it was controlled enough wheelie to be deserving of only a warning, but not before getting someone in the office to call Canada to determine if I actually had a drivers license as we didn’t have photo I.D. back then. God bless that man.

Slingblade
04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
True Story; A friend and I had been up the East coast for a week buying cars, we board a plane in Baltimore- attendant ask for drinks, He says coke, I say apple juice.

He then says without looking up, "Hay make bof-ars apple juice" The attendant, still smiling, tilts her head, "Pardon?"

He repeats louder, "Make bo-fars apple juice". I see the confusion on her face, my friend still has no idea, so without even a grin I join in, "Do ya'll not offer bo-fars apple juice up here?"

I finally wink and crack a grin, and she get's it. "Just bring us 2 regular apple juice's" I say. Then to my friend- "You can't get that bo-fars apple juice everywhere, you know"

He finally catches on and everybody sitting around has a good laugh. (Bo-fars - Southern contraction for "both of ours".)

My southern English is thick and I can't change it. I don't even enjoy hearing myself on recording, but I just live with it. I make fun of myself and everybody else, Yankees, Cajuns, Canucks, I'll poke fun of them all.

And I, in turn, fully expect them to make fun of me. I just have fun with it, Say I'm in Detroit and blurt out something, Someone says- Where ARE you from?, I'll say "South Jersey" and just walk off, grinning.

El Camexican
04-09-2012, 04:18 PM
You can just tell from the photo that this gent is from NYC and not the South:D

95PurpleHaze
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
It's ok man, I'm from South West Louisiana and all of my family in Indiana and Michigan think that Swamp People is an accurate description of everyone down here..... on a side note I have taken a bass boat to a Walmart that had its own boat dock and answers the phone "Walmart on the Bayou" lol