PDA

View Full Version : kawasucki?

klt 200c
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this great forum. I have an 84 klt 200c I got out of a trade. Its pretty rough but structurally all there. I'm not sure what happened to it, but the gentleman I got it from said there was an aftermarket cam, and it was bored .20 over. It has been sitting since atleast '02. The obvious reason he quit toyin' around with it was the cdi. He didn't know much about it and hacked the whole harness. I just finished making an entirely new harness from scratch; the only factory wires left are the handlebar switches. I have not had any luck with finding any such parts so I "up graded" to a ford duraspark ignition. I now have fire, but my voltage regulator/rectifier tests bad. I ran a cross check and found that some older Hondas use a similar rectifier with a similar number. Is there any way I can make an external voltage regulator out of a ford or something? They are so much cheaper and easier to find! lol I believe they can be ordered to handle different amperages. If any one has any further knowledge about this subject, or about ANY kawasaki performance aftermarket please feel free to enlighten this miserable subject! I would love to find atleast an engine gasket set or find out if they are even available. I figure that the best way to figure out what I really have is to tear it down and freshen it up. Might as well do it right. Right?