PDA

View Full Version : Where's our pal Roy Franks

HemiChallenger71
11-17-2003, 10:18 PM
He owes me $50.00. Has anyone seen him around or over at 3wheeler.org?

twgranger
11-17-2003, 10:24 PM
he e-mailed me about wanting to sell me a skidplate for my tri-z but heard nothing back. :? why is he a scammer?
To: twgranger
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:10 pm
Subject: skidplate
I have a rear skid not bent or broke I have no pics of it but its in great shape could use a paint job though make me a offer

HemiChallenger71
11-17-2003, 10:38 PM
He hasnt really scammed me, it's kinda odd actually, he agreed to pay $150.00 and He sent me $100.00. Now a few weeks later i asked him to send the rest and he hasnt been online I was just wondering that's all.

KASEY
11-17-2003, 11:23 PM
he has been posting at .org ... no problems there yet,,,,he will be around ...

Rod
11-18-2003, 02:34 AM
I bought a tri-z clutch cover from him recently. He had a few things going on but I got the part no problem & he always got right back to me. i would buy from him again.

84250r
11-18-2003, 12:47 PM
He was just posting last night! Seems we better keep our Eye on him!

lisnup65
11-18-2003, 03:22 PM
He is emailing me daily.

Roy Franks
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
by the way Mr. Hemichallenger was sent 100.00 and he has cashed it and he knows damn well that my wife sent it out and that she made a mistake on the amount he has a money order coming to him for 50.00 If I was trying to avoid anyone I sure wouldn't be posting stuff here and at 3wheeler.org huh if anyone thinks I'm a scammer than thats cool don't buy from me but I'm very busy packaging and getting items out to the people who are buying from me so thanks and hemichallenger you have my phone # and you know when I'm home and when I'm out of state and I sent you a E-mail explaining what happened and why it happened and what I did to correct it and I'm sorry my wife onle mailed you out 100.00 versus 150.00 you have a M.O. coming in the mail don't you worry and thanks again hemi after this I'll not deal with you again good day everyone Roy Franks

Roy Franks
11-18-2003, 08:11 PM
and you guys that are E-mailing me asking if I have certain parts for your trikes I'm working very hard to let you know if I have those items but I work out of state and drive all over sometimes I'm gone 14 hours a day please be patient I've sold quite a bit of stuff to people and I'm very grateful to you all and I've bought alot of stuff from you guys and I'm even more grateful due to the fact I like buying more than selling its alot easier to go to the gas station and pick up a money order and mail it than to get parts around check them all out get pics then post them find out if some one wants the item then take it to post office get it weighed then go back and let them know how much it is then if they still want it take it back to the post office and ship it if not wait until the next guy is interested and then do the same thanks Roy

Roy Franks
11-18-2003, 08:12 PM
linsup you gave me a price on those parts I didn't jew you down any now did I ...you can keep your parts thats fine thanks anyway Roy

84250r
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Well it sounds to me that your bitting off more then you can chew!

HemiChallenger71
11-18-2003, 08:21 PM
I don't have much to say, just that maybe things were taken a little bit wrongly, but if the money was sent the way it was agreed to be sent the first time it would have saved a lot of time and babbling around on here. I didn't bother calling you cuse the phone always just rings and rings. I do apologize about not responding to any e-mails my address has since changed and I have failed to update it. It is undated now. I didn't know or think anyone else would say anything to you if I posted something, I'll definatley remember this incident because I don't need moderators getting involved unless there is a sierious problem, and there wasnt a problem yet here.

Roy Franks
11-18-2003, 08:33 PM
yes it would have been alot easier but you know that I'm gone out of state and my wife wrote out the check to you due to the fact I never know when I'm going untill noon the day before and maybe thats why my phone rings but you could also gotten ahold of me here like you where and thats where I told you about the whole deal after you told me the check was only for 100.00 I saw the check and to be totally honest with you on the memo line on the check shee wrote paid in full and you cashed it. I knopw I owe you the 50.00 I sure as hell wouldn't scam someone for 50.00 would anyone on here go that low on a scam hell atleast peter vega took 120.00 out of me hell way to go for him whoop-E-dee-doooooo I sucked it up as a loss what the hell atleast it wasn't 121.00 huh don't you worry I won't keep the 50.00 from you I know you have bills and everthing just like everyone else does

Roy Franks
11-18-2003, 08:37 PM
250R you are right I can't deal with all the E-mails and such when I'm gone all day I think I'm just going to keep the rest of my parts and say to hell with the rest and just put stuff on E-bay once in awhile what sucks is that I just spent money on a running 85 350X and 85 250R and another mint 86250R I was going to part out and I just got like 32 motors in that I was going to sell 350x motors 250R's big reds its just to much I guess thanks for the heads up Roy

84250r
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Its ok to sell parts to people who need them. When you sell on ebay,links are always good Roy. :)

Howdy
11-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Easy guys. I think this whole thread got really blown out of purportion. Mistakes were made and I am sure they will be resolved. We ALL have made mistakes in the past.
Howdy

KASEY
11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
MAN howdy you said it!!!! i think you all should lay off!!!! i have been watching roy since he started and can see the difference between here,.org and ebay,,,, there are AND I WANT YOU ALL TO THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!! thousands of us on the two sites looking for parts,,, how many of you could handle a 1000 emails a week!!!! ????????????????????

give ROY a break i think he is doing a great job,,,,,,i also usually wait two weeks and several emails before starting to bash someone about a deal gone bad and i do it with a PRIVATE MESSAGE TOO! HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS CRAP!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

84250r
11-18-2003, 09:28 PM
MAN howdy you said it!!!! i think you all should lay off!!!! i have been watching roy since he started and can see the difference between here,.org and ebay,,,, there are AND I WANT YOU ALL TO THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!! thousands of us on the two sites looking for parts,,, how many of you could handle a 1000 emails a week!!!! ????????????????????

give ROY a break i think he is doing a great job,,,,,,i also usually wait two weeks and several emails before starting to bash someone about a deal gone bad and i do it with a PRIVATE MESSAGE TOO! HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS CRAP!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Its not bashing when he agrees with you!!!!

250R you are right I can't deal with all the E-mails and such when I'm gone all day

Don't go getting your panties all in a bundle KASEY!!!!!!

TimSr
11-18-2003, 09:42 PM
I sell tons of parts, and this whole thread shows exactly why I only sell on Ebay, with only a few exceptions. No haggling, no dealing, no pricing, and everbody knows the terms and the deadlines, and the reputation of the person they are dealing with, and when the clock runs out, the sale is ended.
I empathize with you Roy, and recommend you do as youve suggested. Auction them at your leisure, and the money you save just on aspirin will pay the auction fees!

HemiChallenger71
11-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Then this is a lesson learned by everyone.

HemiChallenger71
11-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Think maybe you could tell everyone the story behind all your parts on here Roy? I think everyone would enjoy reading about it.

Dirtcrasher
11-19-2003, 09:07 AM
250R you are right I can't deal with all the E-mails and such when I'm gone all day I think I'm just going to keep the rest of my parts and say to hell with the rest and just put stuff on E-bay once in awhile what Bites is that I just spent money on a running 85 350X and 85 250R and another mint 86250R I was going to part out and I just got like 32 motors in that I was going to sell 350x motors 250R's big reds its just to much I guess thanks for the heads up Roy

Hi Roy - sounds like you've got a full inbox. Hope you at least read about the camera I found for ya. Heck I'm not sure if EBAY is very easy either. One week I had 25 items up and the whole week I got "will you end this early", "how much to ship to ........", "is it in good condition??" etc etc - even though I had stated all that clearly in the auctions!! Then the auctions end and you get one using a money order and needs your address (when you get the m.o. you can't read his address!! and he doesn't list the item on the money order!!) One that begs you to accept his check and he'll wait for it to clear, one who wants COD and wants to know if you have any parts for his 32 Ford coupe and another who uses PAYPAL but it had a 5.63$ fee on the transaction!!! Another who wants combined shipping and you just finished boxing them all seperate. Then you've got 25 parts to package safely and make sure they all go to the right people and they never leave any fedback so you don't even know if they got it until 2 weeks later they email you asking where the hell it is!!!!!! :?

slippy4
11-19-2003, 08:11 PM
roy is a very good guy, i went and got a Z from him without even seeing it and i was surprized on how good it was compared to what i thought it would be. Everything takes time and im sure you will all get your stuff safely